Joule Blacks are in the house

Tomy2Tone

Re: Joule Blacks are in the house
« Reply #40 on: 21 Nov 2014, 12:05 am »
Just wanted to say congrats to dpatters on an excellent set of Vapors you have there. I always wondered how a set of Joules would look in somebody's living space and I got to say they look amazing!

They look as though you've always had them, so in other words they just fit so well in your room. You must be very happy to come home each day and fire up some tunes, I know I would! Again, congrats!

dpatters

« Reply #41 on: 21 Nov 2014, 01:03 pm »
I would like to thank all of the folks who have commented on my Joules.  It is greatly appreciated.  I only joined Audiocircle in January 2013 and it's been a great experience.  I have purchased products from the following vendors that I would have never heard about if it wasn't for this forum:

Vapor Audio
Aluminati Sound
PI Audio Group
GIK Acoustics
Empirical Audio
Zenwave Audio
Triode Wire Labs

Thanks again everyone! If any of you venture to central PA I would gladly have you over for a listen.

Don Patterson

stlrman

« Reply #42 on: 21 Nov 2014, 02:53 pm »
Congrats Don! Your speakers are stunning! :thumb: :thumb:
Are you getting a deep sounstage with the speakers pretty close to the back wall?
Enjoy ! Todd

dpatters

« Reply #43 on: 21 Nov 2014, 03:17 pm »
Congrats Don! Your speakers are stunning! :thumb: :thumb:
Are you getting a deep sounstage with the speakers pretty close to the back wall?
Enjoy ! Todd
Todd,
It's pretty good. I'm sure it would be a little better if I could pull them out another foot but I am constrained by the room.  That being said I am really happy with the sound. Resolution and detail along with plenty of air and tuneful, tight bass.  Don

dpatters

« Reply #44 on: 19 Dec 2014, 04:27 pm »

Happy Holidays to all Audiocircle members!!
The Joules really singing now!

Don P.

jimdgoulding

« Reply #45 on: 19 Dec 2014, 04:33 pm »
Nice pad, nice system, nice things to have.  Enjoy, my friend.

dpatters

« Reply #46 on: 19 Dec 2014, 04:50 pm »
Thanks Jim!

I am truly grateful for being able to have a nice home and the system to go with it.

Best,

Don P.

Eugene2

« Reply #47 on: 19 Dec 2014, 07:41 pm »
Your Joule's look fantastic nice choice of veneer, I connected my Cirrus/Joule started some music and left town.  I have a friend that tinkers with electronic design, he indicated the Dueland RS capacitors I'm using have a super long break in.  He indicated that they will sound very different in about ten days of running them in.  He said the designer will be shocked to hear the speakers after they run for two to three weeks, smoothing out and greater extension on top and smoother mids with much better separation.  He was impressed with the choice of drivers and indicated I shouldn't be too concerned with the smaller Raven.  He'll be coming back for a listen since I'll be gone for 12 days believing that will begin telling the story.  We'll see, Klaus will be finished with my Kismet amp in Jan so I'll need to break that in next...

Chrisandalex1

« Reply #48 on: 1 Mar 2015, 12:18 am »
I would like to thank all of the folks who have commented on my Joules.  It is greatly appreciated.  I only joined Audiocircle in January 2013 and it's been a great experience.  I have purchased products from the following vendors that I would have never heard about if it wasn't for this forum:

Vapor Audio
Aluminati Sound
PI Audio Group
GIK Acoustics
Empirical Audio
Zenwave Audio
Triode Wire Labs

Thanks again everyone! If any of you venture to central PA I would gladly have you over for a listen.

Don Patterson

Nice Don,

I am in the exact same boat.  I just joined in December, and have found:

ZenWave Audio
Odyssey Audio
Bryston
Vapor Audio
GIK Accoustics
Herbies Audio Lab
Von Schweikert Audio

Now I just need to get it all delivered finally so I can enjoy what I have found.

Great group here.

Joules look awesome. 

dpatters

« Reply #49 on: 3 Mar 2015, 01:31 pm »
We'll be waiting for the Perfect Storm updates!! Congrats!!

Don P.

playntheblues

• D-Sonic, Mola Mola TamBagui, Tekton DISE
« Reply #50 on: 3 Mar 2015, 02:17 pm »
Just beautiful speakers Don.  You will enjoy those for years to come   :thumb:

dpatters

« Reply #51 on: 4 Mar 2015, 03:29 pm »
Thank you very much!! Getting me through one of the coldest winters ever in central PA....

seadogs1

« Reply #52 on: 4 Mar 2015, 06:46 pm »
Very nice system Don and I'm happy you are enjoying the Joules. How did you decide on the Triode speaker wire?

Thanks!

dpatters

« Reply #53 on: 5 Mar 2015, 01:02 pm »
Pete's rooms at the various audio shows (along with Border Patrol and Volti) always get great reviews.  I then talked to Pete via email a few times and decided to go with his cable.

I'm not into big dollar cables as I believe one can find good value cables that perform well.  Also the fact that the cables are cooked before shipping was a big plus.  20 hours of settle in and they were good to go.

Great service from Pete at Triode Wire Labs. I would do business again!!

Don P.
Very nice system Don and I'm happy you are enjoying the Joules. How did you decide on the Triode speaker wire?

Thanks!