Added yet another TWL power cord!

Audioclyde

Added yet another TWL power cord!
« on: 17 Feb 2015, 11:56 pm »
Today I added yet another Triode Wire Labs power cord; I now have TRL cords feeding:  (1) my UberBuss; (Seven +) (2) my preamp (Ten +); (3) mono amps (Seven +'s); and (4) my DAC (Digital American)--with every addition I've been very happy with the sound and have enjoyed increased satisfaction with my system.

It most of the above cases, the TRL cables replaced more expensive cables.  The TRL cables just sound natural, like music should sound to my ears, my tastes. The flexibility and ease of use of these cables should not be underestimated either--these are great to route, etc. where they need to be.

When you add in the pleasure/benefit of dealing with Pete, one of the really great guys in our hobby/passion, IMHO we have an absolute winner!!!

Although I've been extremely pleased with my Jena Labs Twin 19 spkr cables and Valkyre interconnects, my satisfaction with Pete's power cords has me wondering...... 8)!

Thanks Pete!

Randy

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
Re: Added yet another TWL power cord!
« Reply #1 on: 18 Feb 2015, 09:58 am »
I'm envious! :green:

Some day...

Emil

« Reply #2 on: 18 Feb 2015, 08:00 pm »

I want to try the American Digital someday.

Randy
What did you have before the Digital?

Audioclyde

« Reply #3 on: 18 Feb 2015, 08:08 pm »
Emil,

Before the American Digital, I was running a Sablon Robusto on my DAC.

Randy

Triode Pete

« Reply #4 on: 19 Feb 2015, 02:15 am »
Thanks for the kind accolades, Randy!  :thumb:

I'm very happy of the musical pleasure you & many others are enjoying!

Cheers,
Pete

KLH007

« Reply #5 on: 23 Feb 2015, 04:26 am »
Today I added yet another Triode Wire Labs power cord; I now have TRL cords feeding:  (1) my UberBuss; (Seven +) (2) my preamp (Ten +); (3) mono amps (Seven +'s); and (4) my DAC (Digital American)--with every addition I've been very happy with the sound and have enjoyed increased satisfaction with my system.

It most of the above cases, the TRL cables replaced more expensive cables.  The TRL cables just sound natural, like music should sound to my ears, my tastes. The flexibility and ease of use of these cables should not be underestimated either--these are great to route, etc. where they need to be.

When you add in the pleasure/benefit of dealing with Pete, one of the really great guys in our hobby/passion, IMHO we have an absolute winner!!!

Although I've been extremely pleased with my Jena Labs Twin 19 spkr cables and Valkyre interconnects, my satisfaction with Pete's power cords has me wondering...... 8)!

Thanks Pete!

Randy

Randy, You should let the "wondering" win out, an entire loom of Pete's cables really lets his musical voicing shine, neutral, effortless, relaxing, transparent,coherent, and synergistically awesome.

jriggy

« Reply #6 on: 2 Mar 2015, 08:03 pm »
My power cord hunting stopped once I had a TWL PC on everything in my system... I went through quite a few before falling for these babies --and it only got better once all components had a piece of Pete's luv  :wink:
This is not something I will change any time soon, as its already been well over a year.
I say this because you will always see audiophiles proclaiming their love for a PC or IC and then see them  selling it off and changing to something else 6 months later... These are staying. Except the one I just swapped to one of the new Digital versions for the appropriate piece of gear --WoW. The comments are true.

Jason

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #7 on: 18 Mar 2015, 02:20 pm »
   My personal system as well has the full loom [ IC's, speaker cable, power cords ] of TWL. Adding the American Digital PC was the icing on the cake. Will be replacing the 7+ cords on my Arion hybrid class "D" amps with the digital cords. In direct comparison to the plus series on the class "D" amps a no brainer IMO.
    As an aside if you can elevate all cables off the floor expect a more open presentation. I use ceramic isolators used for temporary lighing during construction. Very affective and inexpensive.

charles

dpatters

« Reply #8 on: 3 Apr 2015, 03:04 pm »
   My personal system as well has the full loom [ IC's, speaker cable, power cords ] of TWL. Adding the American Digital PC was the icing on the cake. Will be replacing the 7+ cords on my Arion hybrid class "D" amps with the digital cords. In direct comparison to the plus series on the class "D" amps a no brainer IMO.
    As an aside if you can elevate all cables off the floor expect a more open presentation. I use ceramic isolators used for temporary lighing during construction. Very affective and inexpensive.

charles
Charles - would you think there would be an improvement in raising cables that are resting on a hardwood floor or does this more apply to a carpeted floor.

Don P.

Triode Pete

« Reply #9 on: 3 Apr 2015, 08:58 pm »
Charles - would you think there would be an improvement in raising cables that are resting on a hardwood floor or does this more apply to a carpeted floor.

Don P.

Hello Don,
Based upon my experiences (listening tests) with others, lifting up cables off of synthetic carpeting has a greater effect than hardwood floors. Carpeting can have static as well as act as a unwanted dielectric.

Lifting cables off any floor is "Not the wrong thing to do"...

My $0.02,
Pete

rpf

« Reply #10 on: 3 Apr 2015, 09:41 pm »
Whatever flooring the cables are on, they will get more dusty there, and therefore accrue more static, than when elevated. IME, static is the biggest problem with un-elevated cables. Not that elevated cables don't have to be sprayed with anti-static spray periodically, just less often.