Daber Audio Monitor 2 SE Piano black $399 SOLD!

blownrx7

Daber Audio Monitor 2 SE Piano black $399 SOLD!
« on: 29 Nov 2015, 10:43 pm »
For sale are these beautiful looking and beautiful sounding Daber Audio Monitor 2 Signature Edition. The regular edition was widely heralded as a superior speaker in it's price range and above. The SE version does all that and more. No tweaking with boutique caps and inductors as it has already been done in this speaker with WBT connectors, Erse inductor coils, Solen capacitors, Mills resistors and Silver wire bringing its performance to yet another level unrivaled by any speaker at its $1.2K list price.

At my asking price of $399 + shipping it's a no brainer!
The only thing Daber did wrong was to offer these speakers in the middle of a recession and so this young company suffered the demise of many companies that, while offering a superior product, could not stretch their cash to weather the storm...

These speakers offer 90db efficiency, frequency response from 47-20k +/- 1.5db. The 6.5 inch woofer has a powerful motor system coupled to a finite element suspension system, containing a linear spider design and rubber surround. A cast aluminum basket provides high structural rigidity, and the motor incorporates an aluminum shorting ring that reduces coil inductance, extends frequency response performance, and reduces second order harmonic distortion.The hand assembled, made-in-the-USA 1" tweeter is made of high purity, molded AI203 Alumina ceramic material and features a high flux double magnet design, an underhung voice coil with 1mm of linear excursion and frequency response to beyond 24kHz. Daber Audio only acquires tweeter pairs that are individually matched to -/+ .75dB by the manufacturer, and subsequently confirms all measurements in the Daber lab before approving them for use

To quote Positive Feedback Issue 67:"The Monitor 2's proof is in the listening, and it's a stellar performer by almost any measure. Fed by a reasonably powered amplifier of commensurate quality, the Monitor 2's are terrific performers combining a beautifully articulate and expressive mid-band, and an honest yet fatigue-free treble. I find these speakers from Daber Audio to be exceptionally endearing and involving, which is by far the most important characteristic that I look for in any category of audio equipment."

I can't find a single flaw on the piano black finish. They do not come with grills so take care with wayward fingers...

Shipping will be in two 26 lb original boxes. the original packaging is quite good but I will supplement with additional cushioning to insure safe arrival. My zip is 06070 so you can calculate shipping for TWO boxes.
I take Paypal gift, otherwise add 3.5% to the price.
Local pickup is welcome of course.

Check my feedback on Audiogon userid:m297904 and on EBay userid: blownrx7

« Last Edit: 1 Dec 2015, 07:09 pm by blownrx7 »

blownrx7

Re: Daber Audio Monitor 2 SE Piano black $399 SOLD!
« Reply #1 on: 1 Dec 2015, 07:10 pm »
SOLD!
Thanks