2015 Capitol Audio Fest attendance thread:

bigjppop

Re: 2015 Capitol Audio Fest attendance thread:
« Reply #20 on: 22 Aug 2015, 11:35 pm »
There was talk earlier in this thread about a meetup for dinner or drinks; still any interest? Maybe Saturday night?

Phil A

« Reply #21 on: 23 Aug 2015, 12:22 am »
There was talk earlier in this thread about a meetup for dinner or drinks; still any interest? Maybe Saturday night?

There's threads in a couple of places - http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=136298.msg1454019;topicseen#new

I should be around the whole CAF

bunky

« Reply #22 on: 23 Aug 2015, 12:42 am »
I think that we should go for prime aged steak dinner at Nicks Chophouse.

Letitroll98

• Facilitator
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #23 on: 23 Aug 2015, 12:42 pm »
There's a thread on the Odyssey circle about a Friday night dinner, we could make this one about a Saturday night dinner.  Anyone up for either an alternate night or for two nights out?

bigjppop

« Reply #24 on: 24 Aug 2015, 12:06 pm »
I'd be interested in a Saturday night dinner.

Letitroll98

• Facilitator
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #25 on: 24 Aug 2015, 12:50 pm »
That's two, any more?

mix4fix

• Volunteer
  • I reject your music, and substitute my own.
« Reply #26 on: 24 Aug 2015, 12:55 pm »
What would we be eating on Saturday? We can't have steak two nights in a row.

Of course, I will be there Saturday as well.

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
« Reply #27 on: 25 Aug 2015, 02:02 pm »
We (Bunky and I) are making arrangement for the Audio Circle signature 36oz cowboy, bone-in ribeye steaks at http://www.nickschophouserockville.com/.  Friday 7PM.

Klaus, Alex, Phil, Steve, Bunky and I are committed.  Please let me know if you want to join in.  It's always a hoot.

mix4fix

• Volunteer
« Reply #28 on: 25 Aug 2015, 02:58 pm »
I assume we will meet in the lobby. Just as long as we don't miss any raffle.

When are you guys going to arrive at the show?

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #29 on: 25 Aug 2015, 07:02 pm »
Saturday evening sounds good.   Count me in for the MAAC group as well.

Letitroll98

• Facilitator
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #30 on: 25 Aug 2015, 09:10 pm »
Meet in the lobby sounds good.  I'll check on restaurant suggestions tonight and make some reservations after we have an idea on how many want to head out for a Saturday dinner.
« Last Edit: 26 Aug 2015, 02:28 am by Letitroll98 »

Letitroll98

• Facilitator
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #31 on: 26 Aug 2015, 02:46 am »
The one that is on both Yelp and Tripadvisor is La Brasa.  Yes it's Latin food Steve, but they advertise a big, juicy steak.  Bad side is it's small and dingy, just good food.  Ev and Maddy's looks pretty good, hanger steak offered Steve, also other country French dishes.  Small but nice.  And across the street from the hotel is Armmond's, good ol Italian food.  Let me know what you think, or if you have another suggestion.

DTB300

« Reply #32 on: 26 Aug 2015, 12:36 pm »
The one that is on both Yelp and Tripadvisor is La Brasa.  Yes it's Latin food Steve, but they advertise a big, juicy steak.  Bad side is it's small and dingy, just good food.  Ev and Maddy's looks pretty good, hanger steak offered Steve, also other country French dishes.  Small but nice.  And across the street from the hotel is Armmond's, good ol Italian food.  Let me know what you think, or if you have another suggestion.
LaBrasa - Their pit cooked chicken is superb.   I do not believe I have ever seen someone eat a steak there.  But the Carne Asada is very good.  :)

Yeah it looks like a Dive from the outside, but have always had very good Mexican food there.

Armands is mainly for Pizza IMO.  If you want some better Italian there is Mama Lucia's down in same plaza a MicroCenter (Across from plaza where TGI Friday is - 2 blocks from Hotel)

Letitroll98

• Facilitator
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #33 on: 26 Aug 2015, 09:25 pm »
Thanks DTB, good advice.  Maybe I read the advert wrong about the steak at LaBrasa, appreciate the correction.  The chicken sounds great.  And very helpful about the Italian restaurants.  Any other suggestions?

mix4fix

• Volunteer
« Reply #34 on: 26 Aug 2015, 09:26 pm »

Steak should be eaten at a steak house. Steaks from any place claiming to have steaks aren't as good.

And, I don't need or want an oversized slab of beef - I just want a simple steak-n-baked potato.

bside123

« Reply #35 on: 27 Aug 2015, 03:15 am »
Hey Everybody,

I'm going to be in the Washington D.C. / Alexandria, VA area over the weekend. I will try to get to the show... not sure I can make it for a dinner, but nonetheless would like to meet some folks if possible. If I can make it, I'll get a room map and try to look in the obvious places.

Hope to meet some of you soon!  :wave:

DTB300

« Reply #36 on: 27 Aug 2015, 12:52 pm »
Thanks DTB, good advice.  Maybe I read the advert wrong about the steak at LaBrasa, appreciate the correction.  The chicken sounds great.  And very helpful about the Italian restaurants.  Any other suggestions?
Another Italian close by that I know of is Amalfi - never ate there.   Located off the beaten path.   

A better Mama Lucia is up off Shady Grove Road (have to drive to get there) by the Hospital.  This is sit down dining where the one close by the Hotel is "cafeteria" style. 

There is an authentic Chinese place on Rockville Pike right before Rt 28 on the right (CitiBank same strip mall) - not "American" Chinese I am told but real stuff.

There are so many places to eat (some walk-able, some drive-able), just a matter of what you have a taste for....

woodsyi

• Volunteer
« Reply #37 on: 27 Aug 2015, 01:57 pm »
OK,

Jonathon Janusz is in and I have extended invites to the Salk (and Ginko) crew for Friday at 7. 

woodsyi

• Volunteer
« Reply #38 on: 27 Aug 2015, 03:29 pm »
Dan (Modwright), Lou (Daedalus), Scott (Viva Hifi) and Lucas will join us for the steak dinner.

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #39 on: 27 Aug 2015, 11:12 pm »
Anyone still looking to get together Saturday for dinner? 

I cannot make it Friday, so everyone have fun that evening!