LGK Boenicke style

Trismos

LGK Boenicke style
« on: 18 Oct 2014, 04:04 pm »
I would like to take the incredible value that the LGK seems to be, make it the same dimensions but maybe a bit taller, and install the 8" servo into the side something like the Boenicke W5.   http://boenicke-audio.ch/w5_c/

Thoughts?

persisting1

Re: LGK Boenicke style
« Reply #1 on: 18 Oct 2014, 10:05 pm »
Great idea. That driver must have a small magnet. The cabinets are only 4" wide.

The inclosure would have to be a lot bigger if using the 8" servo. It needs at least .7cubic feet.

Still like the idea  :thumb:

jparkhur

« Reply #2 on: 18 Oct 2014, 11:01 pm »
I sent Danny this same picture and briefly said how cool it would be. I made a rudimentary build up and did have to give the back of the sub a little breathing room.  Also I wanted to figure out some way to put amp with it.  I could not put the puzzle together how I wanted it but it still looks so cool. The inside was boxed up separate.     Jp

jparkhur

« Reply #3 on: 18 Oct 2014, 11:02 pm »
Also, cost was a factors because the amps could take two 8 s better.

Folsom

« Reply #4 on: 19 Oct 2014, 01:54 am »
What amp/s?

Trismos

« Reply #5 on: 19 Oct 2014, 02:03 am »
Well, I happen to have a spare A370PEQ and the .7 cubic feet applies to a sealed box..... what if we put the LGK on a cabinet / stand that is 26 x 4.5 x 8 (ish) with the 8" Servo woofer mounted on one side panel and the other side mostly open with speaker grill covering it so the woofer is actually OB?

Folsom

« Reply #6 on: 19 Oct 2014, 02:08 am »
*I'M NOT A SPEAKER DESIGNER. Danny, please feel free to tell me to not post my hair brained ideas in your section.

Something I thought about for the OB setup

Trismos

« Reply #7 on: 19 Oct 2014, 02:25 am »
My thoughts were along this line:

Captainhemo

« Reply #8 on: 19 Oct 2014, 03:09 am »
Well, I happen to have a spare A370PEQ and the .7 cubic feet applies to a sealed box..... what if we put the LGK on a cabinet / stand that is 26 x 4.5 x 8 (ish) with the 8" Servo woofer mounted on one side panel and the other side mostly open with speaker grill covering it so the woofer is actually OB?

I believe the depth of the SW-8 is  around 6", Rythmik site says 5" so they'd need to be a bit wider.... plus not sure  how much output you'd get from a single OB 8, you'd probably  want to  use pairs.
Might be better off just  implementing some of the stands/subs Danny came up with,  28" tall + spikes would make them pretty nice for sitting the LGK's  on top of
http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=129161.0

-jay
http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=129161.0
« Last Edit: 19 Oct 2014, 07:53 pm by Captainhemo »

nrenter

« Reply #9 on: 19 Oct 2014, 03:17 am »
Rather than sub / stands that were rectangles, how about a similar geometry to the "wedgies" (kind of a "V" with an open back? A "wedgie" would seamlessly set atop this "atomic" sub, or could be integrated into the sub. The side panel would be large / tall enough to  incorporate the sub amp (removing the need for a seperate enclosure).

Trismos

« Reply #10 on: 19 Oct 2014, 03:53 pm »
Rather than sub / stands that were rectangles, how about a similar geometry to the "wedgies" (kind of a "V" with an open back? A "wedgie" would seamlessly set atop this "atomic" sub, or could be integrated into the sub. The side panel would be large / tall enough to  incorporate the sub amp (removing the need for a seperate enclosure).

!!   Thanks! I never saw this thread.

Folsom

« Reply #11 on: 19 Oct 2014, 06:49 pm »

Floor standing one?

I like bookshelves size stuff myself. That gives me another idea.

Danny Richie

« Reply #12 on: 19 Oct 2014, 09:15 pm »
Hang in there guys. I have something like this in the works that will be ready shortly. I will post pics later this week.
« Last Edit: 30 Oct 2014, 08:22 pm by Danny Richie »

devinkato

« Reply #13 on: 30 Oct 2014, 08:02 pm »
hang in there guys. I have something like this in the works that will be ready shortly. I will post pics later this week.

*eagerly waiting!