audioquest jitterbug

alinto

audioquest jitterbug
« on: 2 Nov 2016, 03:48 am »
Has anyone tried the audioquest jitterbug with their bryston bdp player? The jitterbug seems to have mainly positive reviews on the web and it is inexpensive. I am running an external hard drive to the bdp and mainly use the aes output to my dac. I do use the usb output to play dsd files. I think you could use the jitterbug inbetween the hard drive and bdp and bdp to dac. Has anyone heard of any detrimental effects of the jitterbug (ie damaging the dac or pc)?

CanadianMaestro

• Restricted
  • Skepticism is the engine of progress
    • Hearing Everything That Nothing Can Measure
Re: audioquest jitterbug
« Reply #1 on: 2 Nov 2016, 10:58 am »
Not sure you'll hear much of a change -- jitter is exceedingly low on BDP-x/BDA-x, I'm sure. Even with the USB ports. Assuming your USB cables are good.

Krutsch

« Reply #2 on: 2 Nov 2016, 02:41 pm »
Has anyone tried the audioquest jitterbug with their bryston bdp player? The jitterbug seems to have mainly positive reviews on the web and it is inexpensive. I am running an external hard drive to the bdp and mainly use the aes output to my dac. I do use the usb output to play dsd files. I think you could use the jitterbug inbetween the hard drive and bdp and bdp to dac. Has anyone heard of any detrimental effects of the jitterbug (ie damaging the dac or pc)?

I am doing exactly this: AQ JitterBug between a Samsung EVO 1TB SSD and the lower, rear USB port on my BDP-1. Works fine.

I didn't purchase the JitterBug for this; I had it lying around from my mobile rig; I've read that the SSDs can produce a lot of electrical noise on the USB port, which the JitterBug is supposed to mitigate.

I can't say I hear a difference, but I haven't really done an A/B test. But, it doesn't cause any problems, either.

alinto

« Reply #3 on: 6 Nov 2016, 03:02 am »
I just did a brief test. I found that the jitterbug between the hard drive and bdp-2 did not improve the sound. When i used the jitterbug between the bpd-1 and the usb input of  my dac, there was a noticeable improvement. Just of hand , the sound appeared cleaner and slightly more dynamic. More testing is required.

CanadianMaestro

• Restricted
  • Skepticism is the engine of progress
    • Hearing Everything That Nothing Can Measure
« Reply #4 on: 6 Nov 2016, 01:13 pm »
I just did a brief test. I found that the jitterbug between the hard drive and bdp-2 did not improve the sound. When i used the jitterbug between the bpd-1 and the usb input of  my dac, there was a noticeable improvement. Just of hand , the sound appeared cleaner and slightly more dynamic. More testing is required.

Why are you using USB out of bdp-1? Does your DAC not have SPDIF/AES inputs?

Edit: Never mind. Just saw your first post. Do whatever sounds good.

clive101

« Reply #5 on: 6 Dec 2016, 07:23 am »
Yes cleaner when I use a Jitterbug with Melco and Dave with TYR2 usb lead