Old ears, new beginnings

triumph

Re: Old ears, new beginnings
« Reply #20 on: 19 Oct 2016, 03:24 pm »
Hello Michael,

sorry to read about you dad's health flailing.  My parents are also getting old, and it's not easy living so far away (I'm from Montreal, Canada).

I'm happy you are interested with our speakers.  We are located on the east coast.  Voglo is the local aboriginal word for stone.

I will contact you to find out what kind of floor standing model you are looking for.

Jeff

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #21 on: 19 Oct 2016, 03:34 pm »
Jeff,

I figured that you were probably on the east coast. That's where most of the good stone is.

You must be getting battered by the typhoons passing through. I used to enjoy the energy in them back in the old days ('80s and '90s), but now that I'm older and aware of my mortality, I take greater care.

My wife and I are actually considering relocating to Hualian to escape the pollution and crowding.

Michael

triumph

« Reply #22 on: 19 Oct 2016, 03:49 pm »
Typhoons are ok, houses are sturdy over here.  Even though we had 3 typhoons in 2 weeks last month!  That was a bit much!
I'm still not used to earthquakes though.

Hurry up, Hualien is growing every minute.   Also, Hualien is quite rainy in the winter time, something people on the west coast do not have to endure.  Taitung is a bit less rainy, but you'd have to be a frog to enjoy Ilan.  :)

mcgsxr

« Reply #23 on: 19 Oct 2016, 06:35 pm »
By personal memory Ilan is best enjoyed at about 6am on a Sunday AM at about 80kph on 2 wheels coming from Roosevelt Road out of Taipei. 

Then eat breakfast and head back at the same pace.

This from the mid 90's when I was there.  So on sub 150cc bikes mostly.  The 250cc Aplrilia I rode was "not quite legal" then but would be now.

Miss that mountain road!  Top 3 motorcycle rides I ever had.  Did it every week for 2 years early Sunday AM before the traffic built.

triumph

« Reply #24 on: 20 Oct 2016, 04:24 pm »
Michael,
I forgot to mention... I did send you a pm about your speaker requirements.

I mention this because I sometimes miss the tiny icon saying "You've got mail" on the top menu bar.

On another note, another typhoon just past south of us, so I'll be waxing my surfboard and get wet as soon as I can.

mresseguie

« Reply #25 on: 20 Oct 2016, 04:47 pm »
Jeff,

I have read your PM. My taking over everything that my father had been overseeing (my mother's care, bills, financial matters, liquidating a house full of unneeded furniture, dealing with 2 sisters) and barely managing to avoid pissing off my wife for not paying enough attention to her has been taxing my free time and my sanity.  :duh: :o I promise to reply before too long.

The next three days promise to be especially challenging.

triumph

« Reply #26 on: 21 Oct 2016, 01:24 am »
That is a lot of trouble for just one person to handle, and surely difficult times emotionally as well.

Take care,
Jeff

mresseguie

« Reply #27 on: 21 Oct 2016, 04:49 am »
By personal memory Ilan is best enjoyed at about 6am on a Sunday AM at about 80kph on 2 wheels coming from Roosevelt Road out of Taipei. 

Then eat breakfast and head back at the same pace.

This from the mid 90's when I was there.  So on sub 150cc bikes mostly.  The 250cc Aplrilia I rode was "not quite legal" then but would be now.

Miss that mountain road!  Top 3 motorcycle rides I ever had.  Did it every week for 2 years early Sunday AM before the traffic built.

Mark,
I do believe you had a lot fun there. There are beautifully carved tunnels through the mountains to Yilan now. Accessing Yilan is a breeze.

triumph

« Reply #28 on: 26 Mar 2017, 03:45 pm »
Finally finished the onyx speakers mentioned earlier.
I posted in the single driver circle for more infos.

Good looks and good sounds!