Sometimes It takes A Child.

werd

Re: Sometimes It takes A Child.
« Reply #60 on: 23 Jul 2010, 04:06 pm »
Touche, Steve.  I was just going to say that a real 12 year old would fit right in this thread. :argue:

So are you saying you are 12 going on 13 here Dyna? Let us know when you turn 13

dflee

« Reply #61 on: 23 Jul 2010, 06:11 pm »
Guess unlike most twelve year olds, I can relate to the OP cause at that age I was listening to what music I liked and buying it. Also unlike most people at that age I worked on my uncles farm making my own money. I bought what I wanted, this included my own school books and clothes, not what others (older and my age) thought was good. Because of that, and a great radio station out of Chicago when I was growing up, I was able to hear a lot of different types of rock. I can kind of agree about the music today cause it seems to be all about the little message they are trying to state and not much about the music that comes with it. I listen to a "new rock" station sometimes most just seems to be fluff. I mean it could be a neat little tune but instrumentals just don't seem to be there. I miss my guitar solos.

Don

Laundrew

• "Sometimes it rains inside my head..."
« Reply #62 on: 23 Jul 2010, 06:50 pm »
I remember when I was 12 years old, my favourite place to visit was the local land-fill site, they were called “dumps” back then. The curator used to let me have as much electronic treasures as I could carry away and the pickings were awesome as it was all vacuum tube radios. I would get home and splice together a few sets to make a working one. My room was awesome - if you bumped something and it fell, the resulting short circuit always displayed a most awesome flash of light followed by many smoke plumes. This always necessitated another trip back to the dump to find replacement parts.

At the time, I did enjoy listening to rock music from our local radio station, but as most of my radios were shortwave sets - I much preferred to listen to international news stations from all over the world for hours on end.

I literally had the world in my room  :D

Be well...

dflee

« Reply #63 on: 23 Jul 2010, 08:04 pm »
Laundrew - That explains a lot about you. I'd be willing to bet your friends and those around you didn't have a clue who you were back then.

Stay Cool
Don

Laundrew

• "Sometimes it rains inside my head..."
« Reply #64 on: 23 Jul 2010, 08:13 pm »
Laundrew - That explains a lot about you. I'd be willing to bet your friends and those around you didn't have a clue who you were back then.

Stay Cool
Don

They just thought I was really weird. Hmmm… come to think of it, I still experience a lot of this today.

:wink: :P :lol:

Be well...

vegasdave

• My online rock magazine-Crypt Magazine
« Reply #65 on: 23 Jul 2010, 08:18 pm »
I am really scratching my head on this reply - what exactly are you “laughing” at vegasdave  :scratch:

Be well...

Because werd said "lame."

95Dyna

« Reply #66 on: 25 Jul 2010, 01:39 am »
So are you saying you are 12 going on 13 here Dyna? Let us know when you turn 13

Happened 46 years ago, werd.  Not sure I get your response.  I'm simply agreeing with Steve that this thread has been taken over by a bunch of adults acting like 12 year olds.  Your defensive posture is revealing in that regard. 

werd

« Reply #67 on: 25 Jul 2010, 12:38 pm »
Happened 46 years ago, werd.  Not sure I get your response.  I'm simply agreeing with Steve that this thread has been taken over by a bunch of adults acting like 12 year olds.  Your defensive posture is revealing in that regard.

:lol:

Gotchya!!!  i was only teasing...... :D

1oldguy

« Reply #68 on: 31 Jul 2010, 08:21 pm »
From the main man himself.......In Obama's  opening statement in this Paul McCartney's tribute he sum's up why I started the thread in the first place.
Quote:By it's very definition,Popular music is fleeting.Rarely is it composed with an eye towards standing the test of time.And rarer still does it actually achieve that distinction.

See and hear for yourselves.
http://video.pbs.org/video/1554730433/
« Last Edit: 31 Jul 2010, 09:33 pm by 1oldguy »