Clearwave Loudspeaker Design speakers SALE!!!

Jed

• Industry Participant
    • Clearwave Loudspeaker Design
Clearwave Loudspeaker Design speakers SALE!!!
« on: 6 Nov 2008, 12:15 am »

Hello all,

This forum is a great community with a passion for fine audio.  I've been an audiophile all my life, and over the years I have designed many speakers for free at various DIY speaker boards that have become popular (see Accomplished Section here at htguide.com).  However, my recent adventure in audio is with the introduction of my custom DIY speaker kits and design service.  The goal is to offer very competitive pricing for my products so the  community can continue to benefit from cutting edge products, without the huge mark-ups that make most other businesses profitable. I'm also working closely with a local cabinet builder to offer finished speakers.

I'm obsessed with trying new driver combinations and the latest products to bring the listener closer to the real event.  No system is perfect, but through reflection of past designs, innovation, and perseverance, I've found that a designer can come very close to the music source's sonic integrity.  Here is some info taken from my website to summarize my speaker building philosophy:

From each audio design principle that is researched, something new is learned, then I take the best attributes from each idea and apply it to the finished working product. This research takes up a considerable amount of my time, but only because of my pursuit to find audio solutions that create a real life sound. In some circumstances, a recording can sound even better than a live event through a HIFI/Home Theatre playback system. I try to create a you-are-there listening experience without changing the sonic signature of the information that comes through the signal path. Thus, all my speakers target flat frequency responses from the vertical and horizontal planes. As my quest for innovative products advances into the future, more of my designs will be offered for the DIY loudspeaker community.

Currently, several speaker kits are available at my website.  The Reference dipole/monopole "Tombstones," and my "Dynamic 4T," which is a MTMWWWW tower.  Each is unique in its presentation and preservation of the music signal, and serves a specific audio purpose.  Each has the potential to meet many decor or environmental limitations based on the purchaser's needs.  I am willing to assist to make your request a reality, given the formats shown in the speakers below.  So if you want a custom design using a different 6.5" woofer in the 4T cabinet, for example, that can be arranged.  The sky is the limit here.  Already, I think the Dynamic 4T represents a tremendous value in HT and 2 channel setups.  I invite you to take a further look on my website and ask many questions, so that we might start a new speaker building project that will bring you many years of musical enjoyment at the best prices possible.  The website address is http://clearwaveloudspeaker.googlepages.com.

I'll leave you with a few photographs of my kits that are currently available.  More are in development every day.

Regards,

Jed Kunz
Clearwave Loudspeaker Design
Clearwavespeakers(at)gmail.com

« Last Edit: 22 Jan 2009, 11:54 pm by Jed »

Jed

• Industry Participant
Re: Clearwave Loudspeaker Design speakers SALE!!!
« Reply #1 on: 5 Dec 2008, 12:35 am »
A few new speakers are shared on my website.  I think you all will like them very much.  Check it out.  Thanks,

Jed K.

jimdgoulding

« Reply #2 on: 5 Dec 2008, 11:23 pm »
They look like formidable speaks, Jed.

Jed

• Industry Participant
« Reply #3 on: 6 Dec 2008, 05:51 pm »
They look like formidable speaks, Jed.

Thanks Jim!  If you are anyone has any questions feel free to send me an email.

Regards,

Jed K.

Jed

• Industry Participant
« Reply #4 on: 14 Dec 2008, 03:21 pm »
I'm running a free shipping special through 12/25.  Thanks for looking!

http://clearwaveloudspeaker.googlepages.com

Jed

• Industry Participant
« Reply #5 on: 27 Dec 2008, 04:46 am »
Have several new speakers using Scan Speak drivers done.  And a new budget line using the SB Acoustics drivers.  Check it out.  I also have new assembled options coming soon.

Jed

• Industry Participant
« Reply #6 on: 17 Jan 2009, 06:03 pm »
I have a new Scan Speak 15W, Air Circ, MTM in the works with very affordable kit pricing.  It should be ready in  early Feb.

drab

« Reply #7 on: 17 Jan 2009, 06:13 pm »
I have a new Scan Speak 15W, Air Circ, MTM in the works with very affordable kit pricing.  It should be ready in  early Feb.

Do you have cabinet plans finalized for this design? Would be nice to start building cabinets. aa

Jed

• Industry Participant
« Reply #8 on: 17 Jan 2009, 07:06 pm »
The front baffle is 8X20.  The PE 20L MTM curved cabinet is what I'm using for the prototype.  They look great and are affordable/easily modded to get the best rigidity.  I have a customer right now I'm working with, and he wants a 1" roundover, so I had to make a special 1.5" thick baffle for it to fit in the text.  I'm going to measure with the stock PE baffle and the thicker one to compare the results and give my customers exactly what they want.  The tweeter is in the center, but offset 3/4".  The woofer center is 5 1/4" from the middle of the baffle.  Looks really slick.

Regards,

Jed