Why no link to Salk?

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
Why no link to Salk?
« on: 8 Aug 2005, 04:08 am »
I realize this is an owners Circle, not a mfg'rs (although why I'm not sure), but couldn't you add a link to the Salk website?  That would be handy to have.

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
Re: Why no link to Salk?
« Reply #1 on: 8 Aug 2005, 11:52 am »
Quote from: Rob Babcock
I realize this is an owners Circle, not a mfg'rs (although why I'm not sure), but couldn't you add a link to the Salk website?  That would be handy to have.

Rob,

I have added this info to the Welcome post for the Circle.

George

Marbles

Re: Why no link to Salk?
« Reply #2 on: 8 Aug 2005, 02:00 pm »
Quote from: Rob Babcock

It's an owners circle because the requirements were lower to get one...for a manufacturers circle, you need 75% of the votes to be in favor, for an owners circle you need to have 6 owners want one (plus some extra stuff).

I wasn't sure we would get the votes, so we went with the sure thing.

Anyway, I agree a link to Jim's site would be benificial.

Maybe we could sweet talk Borg into adding it.....

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
Why no link to Salk?
« Reply #3 on: 8 Aug 2005, 02:05 pm »
BTW, none of the owner circles have links to the manufacturer.

Maybe it is a good idea to start doing that...

George

Marbles

Why no link to Salk?
« Reply #4 on: 24 Aug 2005, 01:21 am »
A while back I asked Borg about it and his response was...it is an Owners Circle and the owners should know where to find his website  :lol:

So OK, we found one advantage for a Manufacturers Circle.....  :oops:

guest1632

Why no link to Salk?
« Reply #5 on: 24 Aug 2005, 10:16 pm »
Quote from: Marbles
A while back I asked Borg about it and his response was...it is an Owners Circle and the owners should know where to find his website  :lol:

So OK, we found one advantage for a Manufacturers Circle.....  :oops:

The owner should know where the website is. Well, now, that may be true for the owner. But now Marbles you have my interest on these speeks, I would like to know the website. You can go back to Borg, and tell him that was a rather patt answer?, ... no, selfish remark?, ... no maybe dumb? ... no, well, just not a good enough answer. After thinking about it, maybe, lazy, because then he'd have to go back and add links to the various website the owner have. Oh well, enough ranting for now.

Ray

Marbles

Why no link to Salk?
« Reply #6 on: 25 Aug 2005, 12:51 am »
AHH, but Ray what you need to realize is that the programming requires very little effort...it was my judgement in going for an owners circle, and seeing no real benifit to a manufacturing circle that was wrong.

The website is www.salksound.com

Borg showed me the errors of my way...

It is very simple..there is a difference and there is a benifit to being a manufacturing circle, hence the greater requirement.  I have no arguement with his reasoning.