Owners Audition list.

poseidonsvoice

• Science is not a democracy - Earl Geddes
    • 2 channel/7 channel setup
Re: Owners Audition list.
« Reply #20 on: 23 May 2007, 07:54 pm »
Any owners in the Cleveland/Columbus/Cincinatti/Pittsburgh/Buffalo/Toronto/Ann Arbor area? Would love to listen and compare to a number of dipoles I have been listening to.

Thanks,
Anand.

martyo

« Reply #21 on: 27 Jun 2007, 01:42 pm »
Any owners in the Chicago area?

Thanks,

Marty

MaxCast

« Reply #22 on: 27 Jun 2007, 03:22 pm »
Stevensville / St. Joseph, Michigan (SW corner).

Salk HT-3 with Sonic caps.
Odyssey Stratos EX Stereo
Audio Refinement pre-5
Scott Nixon DAC

mfsoa

« Reply #23 on: 27 Jun 2007, 05:32 pm »
It is full of beautiful parks and wetlands and huge shipping centers

When I first read that I thought, Oh crap, sounds like they really screwed up a beautiful place!!

jbtrio

« Reply #24 on: 1 Oct 2007, 04:26 am »
Staten Island, NY

HT-3s:Burled Walnut veneer with Solid Claro Walnut baffles
Sonicaps upgrade
Blackhole5
Handrubbed finish

mitebbots

« Reply #25 on: 1 Dec 2007, 12:14 am »
Possible to hear SongTowers in Los Angeles or San Diego?

« Last Edit: 1 Dec 2007, 12:28 am by mitebbots »

jsalk

« Reply #26 on: 1 Dec 2007, 04:30 pm »
Possible to hear SongTowers in Los Angeles or San Diego?

The SongTowers are quite new.  While this will probalby change in the next couple of weeks, as I recall, none have been shipped to California so far.

- Jim

martyo

« Reply #27 on: 7 Feb 2008, 03:07 pm »
8)
« Last Edit: 25 May 2009, 11:35 am by martyo »

Legendlime

« Reply #28 on: 26 Feb 2008, 12:49 am »
I've got a pair of SongTower QWT's and I'm in Crete, the far south suburbs of Chicago. 10 minutes south of I-80 near the Indiana border.

I also brew a little beer once in a while...if you like that kind of thing. aa

R Swerdlow

« Reply #29 on: 26 Feb 2008, 07:29 pm »
I've got a pair of SongTower QWTs finished in unstained curly cherry veneer.

I'm in Gaithersburg, MD, about 15 or 20 miles northwest of Washington, DC.
« Last Edit: 26 Feb 2008, 07:44 pm by R Swerdlow »

keithpkp

Audition Songs in Dallas or Houston
« Reply #30 on: 29 Mar 2008, 03:02 pm »
Would love to audition the Songs in Dallas or Houston.

Anyone close to downtown Dallas or close to the Willowbrook Mall area in Houston.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Keith P.

Big Red Machine

« Reply #31 on: 29 Mar 2008, 03:44 pm »

Big Red Machine

Re: Audition Songs in Dallas or Houston
« Reply #32 on: 30 Mar 2008, 02:16 pm »
Would love to audition the Songs in Dallas or Houston.

Anyone close to downtown Dallas or close to the Willowbrook Mall area in Houston.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Keith P.

milacqua at AVS is in Holly Lake Ranch, TX.

shortspark

« Reply #33 on: 30 Mar 2008, 09:29 pm »
Yep, I'm at Holly Lake Ranch which is a private golf community about 40 miles north of Tyler and 130 miles east of downtown Dallas.  In other words, I'm in the middle of nowhere in an area known as the "Piney Woods" of East Texas. 

I should be receiving the STs soon.  I have had them on order since the first of March and last I heard Jim was trying to get them out by this weekend (which is now past).  I'm pretty sure they will ship next week so anyone in Texas getting out this way just send me an email and I would be glad to let you listen - and maybe play a round of golf here with me after the audition.

keithpkp

« Reply #34 on: 31 Mar 2008, 05:06 am »
Ok I almost to the point where I might consider order the Songs on faith and good reviews.

Keith P.

shortspark

« Reply #35 on: 31 Mar 2008, 11:02 am »
I was very skeptical at first as well.  I kept asking myself how I could spend that kind of money on something without even seeing them, let alone not hear them.  I read and read everything I could find and asked questions about these speakers at every forum that discussed them.  Do you know I could not find a single derogatory review or comment?  That in itself told me these speakers were a great value.  I could have spent more but why?

Also, I went back and forth with Jim via emails concerning colors and veneers and he seemed genuinely concerned with my satisfaction (when was the last time you spoke with lets say, Mr. Polk, about his speakers?).  I just bought new leather furniture and have a projector with 104" Carada screen in my new HT set up so the looks of the speakers, never a major concern before, took on new meaning and importance.  The craftsmanship everyone talked about and custom colors available on these speakers were a true bonus and deal maker for me. 

However, a speaker is more than a piece of furniture.  My 60 year old years are not nearly what they use to be and I know I miss the subtleties that many young audies can still detect.  Jim explained that as we age the "intelligibility" factor of a speaker becomes all important.  In this regard, the accuracy of the mid-range (which Jim considers the cornerstone to a good speaker) becomes more and more important.  It is in this area that the STs excel. 

I purchased the Cambridge Soundworks Ensamble system when Henry Kloss first left Advent (I had those too) and his was a direct sale method as well.  Those Ensambles have been wonderful for me for many years.  Based on this previous "sight unseen" buying experience, Jim's reputation, the cabinet quality and great reviews as to sound, not to mention the excellent price value, it was worth taking a chance.  BUT, I have not received them yet so until I do this is all a gamble but a I figure a good, calculated one. 

If you do not feel comfortable doing this, however, my offer still stands for you to come out for an audition - when they get here that is!

schw06

« Reply #36 on: 31 Mar 2008, 05:03 pm »
Looking for owners in Atlanta. Sorry about the post in the Seattle thread!

sanlanman

« Reply #37 on: 2 Apr 2008, 12:42 am »

Ditto,  and any body in the Carolinas or Georgia with V3s or HT3s that I can audition? Sorry about MY post in the Seattle thread too.

Rocket

« Reply #38 on: 2 Apr 2008, 10:47 am »
Hi,

Well I've paid my deposit for a pair of HT2's and I live in Australia.  They will take a couple of months to arrive because I'm using sea freight due to the lower cost.

Regards

Rod

godawgs5

« Reply #39 on: 2 Apr 2008, 06:18 pm »

Ditto,  and any body in the Carolinas or Georgia with V3s or HT3s that I can audition? Sorry about MY post in the Seattle thread too.

No problems...I hope we all can find someone to audition our Salk speakers of choice!  Good luck!!