Owners Audition list.

jriggy

Re: Owners Audition list.
« Reply #80 on: 21 Mar 2009, 07:45 pm »
^What excellent timing!!!
I just joined and am in Indy looking for a demo... PM sent.

BoB/335

« Reply #81 on: 21 Mar 2009, 07:53 pm »
Welcome and timing is everything. Try sending a PM to intamin22.

Nels Ferre

Re: Owners Audition list- Orlando FL
« Reply #82 on: 23 Mar 2009, 01:01 am »

Model: Songtower QWT- Honey Locust

Associated Equipment: the following gear is always on hand. Other equipment may be available depending on review schedule.

Bella Extreme 3205 Tube Power Amp
Juicy Music Peach Preamp
MacBook used as music server
KECES DA-131 DAC
Sota Star Series III Turntable
Rega RB250 Arm
Dynavector DV20XL Cartridge
Pro Ject Phono Box II Phono Preamp
DIY Hi Fi Supply Cole Tune Phono Preamp w/ upgraded power supply and MC Transformers (build should be finished 4-2009)

To contact me, send PM or email nferre (AT) aol (DOT COM)

DarienJax

« Reply #83 on: 24 Mar 2009, 04:01 am »
I'm located in Kirkland, WA (right by Seattle).  I've got the SongTower RTs in satin black with silver aluminum baffles, and a SongCenter.  PM me if you want a listen!

bzaggie

« Reply #84 on: 24 Mar 2009, 11:42 pm »
Im located in college station tx, and I have a pair if HT2-TL in a fireburst finish powered by wyred for sound mono's if anyone wants to listen

fluke242

« Reply #85 on: 25 Mar 2009, 04:11 pm »
Im located in college station tx, and I have a pair if HT2-TL in a fireburst finish powered by wyred for sound mono's if anyone wants to listen

Ohhh I want to listen!  I want to check out the TL option and have been itching to hear them with Wyred 4 sound.  Post some pics if you can. 

:thumb:
John

Not really coming over, I am in Oregon....

snakecharmr99

« Reply #86 on: 1 Apr 2009, 06:33 am »
Hello all, newbie first time poster here. I was wondering if there was anyone in the greater Cleveland area with some Songtowers willing to share a demo. My usage would be 75% 2 channel music and 25% 5 or 7 channel home theater. I have a Pioneer Elite SC-05 avr which I plan on powering the system. Thanks for any replies and or suggestions. Bob.

jsalk

« Reply #87 on: 1 Apr 2009, 05:33 pm »
Hello all, newbie first time poster here. I was wondering if there was anyone in the greater Cleveland area with some Songtowers willing to share a demo. My usage would be 75% 2 channel music and 25% 5 or 7 channel home theater. I have a Pioneer Elite SC-05 avr which I plan on powering the system. Thanks for any replies and or suggestions. Bob.

Bob -

Unfortunately, I don't recall ever shipping any SongTowers to Cleveland.  So you won't probalby get a positive reply here.  We do have SongTowers in Ohio, but I don't know how close - I would have to check.  Of course, if you want to take an afternoon driver, you are always welcome to visit us in the Detroit area.  (I used to live in Westlake and made that driver quite often - its not bad.)

- Jim
« Last Edit: 3 Apr 2009, 06:18 pm by jsalk »

Gord_Toronto

« Reply #88 on: 2 Apr 2009, 10:38 pm »
My ST-RT's in Medium stained Cherry can be heard if your about 1/2 an hour North of Toronto, Ontario.  Their powered by a 100 watt Rotel RX-1052 Receiver

snakecharmr99

« Reply #89 on: 5 Apr 2009, 11:41 am »

Bob -

Unfortunately, I don't recall ever shipping any SongTowers to Cleveland.  So you won't probalby get a positive reply here.  We do have SongTowers in Ohio, but I don't know how close - I would have to check.  Of course, if you want to take an afternoon driver, you are always welcome to visit us in the Detroit area.  (I used to live in Westlake and made that driver quite often - its not bad.)

- Jim
[/quote]

Jim,

Thanks so much for the reply. I don't think I've ever posted a question on any forum and gotten a response from the owner of the company.Your suggestion for a road trip sounds like a good one to me. I will be off work the entire week of April 20th., perhaps we could plan something during that time? I'll wait for your reply here as to how to proceed.

Thanks again, Bob.

jsalk

« Reply #90 on: 6 Apr 2009, 04:07 am »
  Jim,

Thanks so much for the reply. I don't think I've ever posted a question on any forum and gotten a response from the owner of the company.Your suggestion for a road trip sounds like a good one to me. I will be off work the entire week of April 20th., perhaps we could plan something during that time? I'll wait for your reply here as to how to proceed.

Thanks again, Bob.

Bob -

email me at jimsalk (at) att.net or give me a call at 248-814-8062 and we can set something up.

- Jim

Jeremy

« Reply #91 on: 19 Apr 2009, 12:46 am »
I would love to audition the Song Towers in Los Angeles if there is anyone willing to let me. Thanks.

audiotom

• Ground control to Major Tom
    • for everything music
« Reply #92 on: 26 Apr 2009, 03:43 am »
Tom in New Orleans area

update
I have two seperate rooms which prominantly display Jim's Fabulous speakers

I have HT3s with my two channel vinyl front end   Now soundscape 10s
waterfall burbinga solid front - pic
http://cgim.audiogon.com/i/vs/s/f/1234146144.jpg
Jim's eloquent Salk of the month write up
http://www.salksound.com/vom_2006_aug_3.shtml

Have upgraded to ss10s in my main system but still have my ht3s

a seperate room HT - V3s and monster center
the very pair Jim shows in his v3 website section
Rosewood w piano black
http://www.salksound.com/vom_2007_mar_2.shtml
here's my monster center in rosewood from Jim's site
http://www.salksound.com/speakers_vseries_vmonstercenter.shtml
(special thanks to Bigredmachine - pete for parting with these - he's on to HT4's)

assoc HT equipment Arcam AVR350, Pioneer & Oppo Blue Ray, CD, Wadia Ipod Doc

hope to get SAlk surrounds and rears

both killer setups
pm for demo

Tom
« Last Edit: 20 Apr 2014, 12:37 am by audiotom »

cop1s

« Reply #93 on: 28 Apr 2009, 03:13 am »
Bamboo Song Tower near Quebec City , Canada

Musical Fidelity 3.5 and Musical Fidelity A5 CD

rahimlee54

« Reply #94 on: 20 May 2009, 05:21 pm »
HT2-TL around Greensboro NC.  I am using a Pioneer Elite AVR to power until I get an amp, later this year.

Kokishin

• Cirroc: Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer
« Reply #95 on: 22 May 2009, 04:25 am »
I love Stamey's BBQ and their hush puppies!

HT2-TL around Greensboro NC.  I am using a Pioneer Elite AVR to power until I get an amp, later this year.

Tod

« Reply #96 on: 26 May 2009, 10:38 pm »
HT1s in northeastern Oklahoma, about an hour's drive from Tulsa. I'll only be here until August though, so let me know if you'd like to hear them.

stc4life

« Reply #97 on: 4 Jun 2009, 04:13 pm »
Hi,

I am getting ready to order ST-RT's and maybe a 12" rythmik sub, so I was hoping to get a chance to hear the ST-RT's (or at least ST's) before placing my order.  I know Evan has graciously offered to open his home in Staten Island in the past, and I may ask to take him up on the offer, but I was hoping to find someone in Manhattan that has the ST (RT)'s.  Anyone in Manhattan willing to share a demo some weekend coming up (preferably the weekend of the 13th)?

Thanks much in advance.

RadioWonder

« Reply #98 on: 24 Jul 2009, 02:56 pm »
Looking for anyone in the Tucson,Arizona area who owns any Salk speakers.
I am interested in auditioning Veracity QW speakers... I realize there are very few Veracity QW's in this forum.
I just want to hear the "Salk sound"... 

I would love to hear any model of Salk speaker...

My two systems:
Veracity QW's would replace my Apogee Centaur (circa 1990).

http://cgi.audioasylum.com/systems/4561.html

bryede

« Reply #99 on: 27 Jul 2009, 02:33 pm »
Anyone else think we should add a Mapbuilder or Frappr map to the first page where we can tag all these locations? Actually, it would be cool to use colored tags to indicate speaker models.

I wouldn't want to include any information other than a user name, speaker model, and city.