Owners Audition list.

RadioWonder

Re: Owners Audition list.
« Reply #100 on: 28 Jul 2009, 09:41 am »
Anyone else think we should add a Mapbuilder or Frappr map to the first page where we can tag all these locations? Actually, it would be cool to use colored tags to indicate speaker models.

I wouldn't want to include any information other than a user name, speaker model, and city.
Excellent idea!!!
It would sure simplify locating a suitable audition...

arkiedan

« Reply #101 on: 18 Aug 2009, 08:48 pm »
I was about to buy a pair of Maggie 1.6s when I came across all the buzz on the SongTowers (in my price bracket of under $2K.) I'm 71 and this will be my last set of speakers so buying without listening is out of the question. Presently still enjoying my AR9s that I bought back in 1981. I want to buy one more set of speakers and one more car before it's over - me, that is.  :wink:

So....is there anyone within 100-150 miles of Little Rock, Arkansas, who would be good enough to demo their STs? I''d be happy to make a day of it and maybe bring some beer or wine for an hour of two of listening. Maybe someone in Memphis or down on the Texas border?

Anyway, I'd sure appreciate your help.

arkiedan

ttsakai

« Reply #102 on: 22 Sep 2009, 11:13 pm »
Hi All-

Interested in auditioning a set of HT3s in the Bay Area and based on this thread it looks like Koiman (Leon) is the nearest owner (in Antioch). I've sent him an email but I've not heard back from him thus far. Does anyone else have any other potential leads on HT3 owners in my general vicinity in the mean time?

Thanks for any responses.

Tracy
San Jose, CA

vintagebob

« Reply #103 on: 23 Sep 2009, 07:26 pm »
Hi All-

Interested in auditioning a set of HT3s in the Bay Area and based on this thread it looks like Koiman (Leon) is the nearest owner (in Antioch). I've sent him an email but I've not heard back from him thus far. Does anyone else have any other potential leads on HT3 owners in my general vicinity in the mean time?

Thanks for any responses.

Tracy
San Jose, CA

I think that bahorn1 (Doug) has a set of HT3s?

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=68360.msg658174#msg658174

ttsakai

« Reply #104 on: 23 Sep 2009, 10:40 pm »
Thanks for the lead. I'll follow-up with him.

Regards,

Tracy

bahorn1

« Reply #105 on: 25 Sep 2009, 04:32 am »
Thanks for the lead. I'll follow-up with him.

Regards,

Tracy

Hey Tracy,

I'm in Mountain View.  You're welcome to come over to hear my HT3's.  I also sent you a reply PM.

--Doug

RadioWonder

« Reply #106 on: 9 Oct 2009, 12:21 pm »
Looking for anyone in the Tucson,Arizona area who owns any Salk speakers.
I am interested in auditioning Veracity QW speakers... I realize there are very few Veracity QW's in this forum.
I just want to hear the "Salk sound"... 

I would love to hear any model of Salk speaker...

My two systems:
Veracity QW's would replace my Apogee Centaur (circa 1990).

http://cgi.audioasylum.com/systems/4561.html

Trying to get hold of "Tod"(His moniker not name) from Tucson,Arizona.

Tod left me a message on 10-01-2009 with a very kind offer to audition his HT1s.
I replied to his message 10-06-2009. Have not heard from him.
I am hoping he will see this post and we can make an audition day and time.

jhstn58

« Reply #107 on: 18 Oct 2009, 01:30 pm »
Anyone in the Nashville area willing to share a listen?

vintagebob

« Reply #108 on: 18 Oct 2009, 06:03 pm »

Models: SoundScape 10, HT2-Center & HT-1s and Ellis 1801b

Associated Equipment:

Sanders Sound Preamp
Sanders Sound Mono Blocks
dB Audio Labs Tranquility SE DAC
2010 Mac Mini
Pioneer SC-05 AVR
OPPO BDP-103
Epik Phoenix Subwoofer

« Last Edit: 29 Aug 2013, 12:40 am by vintagebob »

gkinberg

« Reply #109 on: 20 Oct 2009, 05:51 pm »
Hi, My name is Garth and I live in San Diego CA. I am very interested in auditioning a pair of SongTowers. Anyone in San Diego or Southern CA that would like to let me audition their SongTowers?

Thanks, Garth

AliG

« Reply #110 on: 25 Oct 2009, 11:43 am »
For those living in South East Asia (excluding Australia), I may well be the only Salk representative! :wink:

I am now living in Miri, Sarawak, Malaysia.

Come visit the new room that I built exclusively to house my two HT3, measuring 15 ft x 9 ft x 25 ft. Speakers are placed 8.5 ft apart, 8ft from the front wall, 3 ft from the side wall. I am sitting 7.5 ft from either speaker.

28 acoustic panels are spaced strategically behind the curtains. The subwoofer used is REL B1, crossed at 40Hz.

Regards
barry

jimdgoulding

« Reply #111 on: 25 Oct 2009, 02:27 pm »
For those living in South East Asia (excluding Australia), I may well be the only Salk representative! :wink:

I am now living in Miri, Sarawak, Malaysia.

Come visit the new room that I built exclusively to house my two HT3, measuring 15 ft x 9 ft x 25 ft. Speakers are placed 8.5 ft apart, 8ft from the front wall, 3 ft from the side wall. I am sitting 7.5 ft from either speaker.

28 acoustic panels are spaced strategically behind the curtains. The subwoofer used is REL B1, crossed at 40Hz.

Regards
barry
Barry-  You trippin me out, dude!  Lookin good.

jimdgoulding

« Reply #112 on: 25 Oct 2009, 02:39 pm »
I was about to buy a pair of Maggie 1.6s when I came across all the buzz on the SongTowers (in my price bracket of under $2K.) I'm 71 and this will be my last set of speakers so buying without listening is out of the question. Presently still enjoying my AR9s that I bought back in 1981. I want to buy one more set of speakers and one more car before it's over - me, that is.  :wink:

So....is there anyone within 100-150 miles of Little Rock, Arkansas, who would be good enough to demo their STs? I''d be happy to make a day of it and maybe bring some beer or wine for an hour of two of listening. Maybe someone in Memphis or down on the Texas border?

Anyway, I'd sure appreciate your help.

arkiedan
There is an audio group in Dallas you should get to know.  See the North Texas circle here on AC.  Those Maggies will need a ton of power to perform to their best and could benefit from some wall treatment behind them.  Having said that, I've hear them sound very, very good.  The Song Towers I have yet to hear but there is certainly enthusiastic buzz about them here and elsewhere.  Cheers.

AliG

« Reply #113 on: 25 Oct 2009, 02:45 pm »
Barry-  You trippin me out, dude!  Lookin good.

Jim, can't believe you have clocked 1700+ posts on audiocircle  :o, and you're only here just over 2 years! The world is so small, I am exactly 9392 miles from Houston, but it's just one click away  :green:

Have fun listening.. :thumb:

wm_mongoose

« Reply #114 on: 4 Nov 2009, 10:53 pm »
Anyone in the DC metro area care to have a shootout with my Swan F2.2's?  I would love to compare to a pair of Salk's.

jcoat007

« Reply #115 on: 5 Nov 2009, 03:11 am »
Anyone in Southern California with Song Towers?  I am in Orange County. 

Srgtfury

« Reply #116 on: 5 Nov 2009, 06:08 am »
I am in So. Cal., but have Ht3's...

Thank you very much

Fury

jsalk

« Reply #117 on: 6 Nov 2009, 06:54 pm »
Anyone in the DC metro area care to have a shootout with my Swan F2.2's?  I would love to compare to a pair of Salk's.

PM Dennis Murphy.  I'd bet he'd be game and could use his magic switching box for an instantaneous comparison.

- Jim

Houston1

« Reply #118 on: 8 Nov 2009, 01:26 am »
Hey guys  :D

I am interested in auditioning a pair of Song Towers or HT2-TL's in the Houston area.  If anyone has a pair and is willing to allow me to take a listen, it would be awesome.  I live in Friendswood, but I would be willing to drive anywhere around the Houston area for a listen.

Thank You,
John
« Last Edit: 13 Nov 2009, 02:11 am by Houston1 »

mchuckp

Salem, OR
« Reply #119 on: 19 Nov 2009, 05:42 am »
I live in Salem, OR (hour south of Portland).  I have a pair of SongTowers with Ribbon Tweeter upgrades in American Cherry (dyed med cherry).

Here's my gear list:
Salk SongTowers (Ribbon Tweeters)
Audio by Van Alstine Transcendence 8 Stereo Preamp (w/ Insight Phono)
Audio by Van Alstine Insight 240 2-channel Amp
Oppo BDP-83 Universal Bluray Player (Special Edition with ESS Sabre DAC upgrade)
PS Audio Digital Link III DAC (fed by Apple Macbook & AppleTV)
Rega P1 Turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Blue cartridge and glass platter upgrade

Anyone is more than welcome anytime.

Mike
« Last Edit: 29 Dec 2009, 06:25 am by mchuckp »