Acoustat 1+1 and TNT-200 amp - interest check

TomS

Acoustat 1+1 and TNT-200 amp - interest check
« on: 19 Mar 2018, 03:28 pm »
I have a good friend in Indy who is moving West soon. He has a pair of Acoustat 1+1's with passive cone woofers and a matching Acoustat TransNova Twin-200 amp, all stock, original owner since new. He said one woofer cone needs to be re-done, other than that I assume they're in good shape. They'd be very difficult to ship, not worth that much, so pickup only near Indy. He's still determining selling price, but it will be reasonable, surely a bargain for the performance and condition.

I'll post it to the Trading Post when he sets the pricing, but any interest? PM me here and I can put you in touch with him directly as he is not an AC user.

Thanks,

Tom

OzarkTom

Re: Acoustat 1+1 and TNT-200 amp - interest check
« Reply #1 on: 19 Mar 2018, 06:15 pm »
I saw a review of someone that owns the 1+1's and KEF LS50 wireless. He said the 1+1's are much better. Not bad for a 30+ year old speaker.

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #2 on: 19 Mar 2018, 06:19 pm »
    If one has the proper space the Acoustat  is still a great speaker. Heard them with CJ gear, really good sound.

charles

OzarkTom

« Reply #3 on: 19 Mar 2018, 07:23 pm »
Tone Audio review

http://www.tonepublications.com/old-school/acoustat-11-electrostatic-loudspeakers/

these little Acoustats rendered music in a very interesting way, with a clarity and presence that the Magnepans just couldn’t muster and a delicacy that I had not yet experienced.