My new Cyclops to run my 1.6qr

Mr-Ram

My new Cyclops to run my 1.6qr
« on: 26 Jun 2017, 09:54 pm »
     After a consult call with Klaus, I placed my order, felt like a kid waiting for Christmas Morning and finally (didn't take forever, just felt that way to me) took delivery of my Odyssey Cyclops with a little of Klaus' extra magic worked in. 

Hooked up to my new-to-me 1.6 Maggies and could not be happier with the magical sounds filling my room. I am amazed at the power of my little Cyclops, what an impressive little unit.  Klaus says it sounds like shit out of the box and I cannot imagine what sound she'll be pumping out after a proper burn in!!

Limited space for my set up but, its for ME and it suits me just fine.

Had a minor problem, most likely operator error,  a call to Klaus quickly got me right on track.

I am in Audio Heaven!

Brettio

Re: My new Cyclops to run my 1.6qr
« Reply #1 on: 27 Jun 2017, 02:24 am »
Please keep us posted through break in. 

I had intended on contacting Klaus when I was in the market for an integrated a couple years ago but got sidetracked and ended up purchasing a Wyred4sound STI-500 instead. I really like the W4S amp but still wonder 'what if'.

Brett

Mr-Ram

« Reply #2 on: 28 Jun 2017, 12:05 am »
We all have the "what if", love my new Cyclops I cannot imagine a better integrated, but, should I have held out for the Kismet Hybrid Integrated, tubes? Could my sound be smoother? Warmer? I didn't think so but?

Brettio

« Reply #3 on: 28 Jun 2017, 02:12 am »
I'm sure I'll get the bug to change amps in the near future...and Klaus will be the one I call.
« Last Edit: 28 Jun 2017, 11:58 am by Brettio »

mcgsxr

« Reply #4 on: 28 Jun 2017, 10:56 am »
I really enjoyed my time with Maggie 1.6's and there were several local folks who suggested one of Klaus' amps.