MQA Discussion

witchdoctor

Re: MQA Discussion
« Reply #40 on: 23 May 2017, 07:23 pm »
It's not your message that is turning people off, it's your condescending attitude.  You might actually have something to share, but I'm certainly not interested.

Here is your problem, you are using an 8 year old Dodd Audio DAC. 8 years old is nothing for speakers or an amp but for DAC it is ancient. I am doing you a GREAT service by my posts. Even if you don't like MQA you can improve your system by upgrading your DAC. BUT, you will save $$$ going forward by upgrading to an MQA DAC. By the end of the year Sony and Universal will be converting their catalogs in addition to Warner. Time to upgrade.
I'll bet a $100 Audioquest dragonfly with the MQA upgrade will be better than your current DAC. You get a 30 day audition so if I am wrong just send it back. If I am right put your current DAC on EBAY as it will only drop in value in the future. Dodd Audio went out of business right?

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=72392.0

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #41 on: 23 May 2017, 07:32 pm »
Thanks for the advice.  Enjoy your monologue.

witchdoctor

« Reply #42 on: 23 May 2017, 07:33 pm »
Thanks for the advice.  Enjoy your monologue.

No charge, hope you enjoy your new Dac.  :thumb:

witchdoctor

« Reply #43 on: 29 May 2017, 03:08 pm »
Great Memorial Day kicking back with my Bluesound Node and listening to new music in MQA, this is what I love about this hobby. Using JBL speakers in my desktop really makes me feel I am in the studio playing back the master tape, awesome!!

Phil A

« Reply #44 on: 30 May 2017, 09:04 am »
Interesting comment about MQA from Charles Hansen of Ayre - https://www.audioasylum.com/forums/hirez/messages/28/289675.html

Personally, I've only heard a few tracks played on a laptop with a Meridian Explorer DAC.  Wasn't really familiar with the music but it didn't sound particularly good (could have been the tracks themselves).