The Boxtrolls

stlrman

The Boxtrolls
« on: 17 Mar 2015, 09:39 pm »
What amazing animation and story!! This is a must see with the kids or without them .
4.75 out of 5 stars :thumb:

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
Re: The Boxtrolls
« Reply #1 on: 18 Mar 2015, 08:53 am »
I really wanted to see that one but never made it while it was in theaters.  Might have to check it out on Netflix.

brother love

« Reply #2 on: 26 Mar 2015, 07:28 pm »
Caught this on Netflix last night. Pretty entertaining & well done. I could see where kids would have fun with this movie & how it would translate better on a large screen. Not as good as the Henry Selick-directed stop motion films like Nightmare before Christmas/ Coraline/ James & the Giant Peach (this to a lesser extent) or Corpse Bride by Tim Burton IMO, but The Boxtrolls is still very enjoyable.

Tomy2Tone

« Reply #3 on: 26 Mar 2015, 09:53 pm »
This one surprised me. When I saw the preview I wasn't interested at all but thanks to stirman here I thought it was at least worth a shot at redbox.

Great story and excellent animation or whatever they used as a medium. The way they used or should I say the way they portrayed natural light was amazing. This was one of the better animated films I have seen in a while. I liked it better than Big Hero 6 that won the Oscar.

Thanks stirman!