What amplifier do you use with your Daedalus speakers?

maxboy00

Re: What amplifier do you use with your Daedalus speakers?
« Reply #100 on: 28 Mar 2018, 08:35 am »
I'm still a big fan of Modwright  gear, but I wanted to try something completely different. After a long search, I decided on a Viva Solistino intergrated 845 SET amp with 18Wpc. I have had this amp for a couple of months and very impressed with the sound and performance of this amp.

rbbert

« Reply #101 on: 28 Mar 2018, 12:33 pm »
I'm still a big fan of Modwright  gear, but I wanted to try something completely different. After a long search, I decided on a Viva Solistino intergrated 845 SET amp with 18Wpc. I have had this amp for a couple of months and very impressed with the sound and performance of this amp.

Very pricey, though

dodgealum

« Reply #102 on: 28 Mar 2018, 02:16 pm »
A_shah I'll be interested in your impressions of the Ultralinear. There has always been a lot of talk about Berning's use of a switching power supply, with some skeptical voices who have had unsuccessful experiences with those used by other manufacturers. I'm not a technical person but my reading and conversation with Mark at LTA leads me to believe that David has found a technical solution that exploits the merits of a switching supply without any of the downsides. Only your ears will say whether it works for you and your system but I would encourage you to give the Ultralinear a try and see what happens.

A_shah

« Reply #103 on: 28 Mar 2018, 07:44 pm »
A_shah I'll be interested in your impressions of the Ultralinear. There has always been a lot of talk about Berning's use of a switching power supply, with some skeptical voices who have had unsuccessful experiences with those used by other manufacturers. I'm not a technical person but my reading and conversation with Mark at LTA leads me to believe that David has found a technical solution that exploits the merits of a switching supply without any of the downsides. Only your ears will say whether it works for you and your system but I would encourage you to give the Ultralinear a try and see what happens.

Will do,
also a new found friend is bringing in his Viva Solista Integrated amplifier to try with the Poseidon Speakers , the Daedalus speakers have created a pretty good buzz with a lot of audiophiles in my area !  :thumb:

vinyl_lady

« Reply #104 on: 28 Mar 2018, 07:59 pm »
A_shah,

if you don't mind me asking, what is your area? I'm in Spokane WA

A_shah

« Reply #105 on: 29 Mar 2018, 12:53 am »
East Bay / San Joaquin county Tracy , California, San Francisco and Sacramento are equi distance to me  :)
Asghar

A_shah

« Reply #106 on: 30 Mar 2018, 01:02 am »

Here is a picture of Viva Solista Integrated 845 Set amp probably the best I have heard with Daedalus Speakers in my home environment so far , just a very outstanding amplifier but very pricey - Playing Todd Garfunkle's Sera Una Noche, in DSD , the recording
was  made   by Todd Garfinkle both in Hi-Rez and DSD WAV files

« Last Edit: 24 Apr 2018, 05:34 am by A_shah »

audiotom

• Ground control to Major Tom
    • for everything music
« Reply #107 on: 31 Mar 2018, 03:33 am »
I added Uesugi UTY-5s in parallel to my Doshi system.

These are spare no expense Japanese amps from the mid 1980s.

Really even more natural body in spades from the Ulysses V2s.

Here is someone's link
Don't judge a book by it's cover

http://www.hifido.co.jp/KW/G0105/E/2650-50/C07-32310-97051-00/

A_shah

« Reply #108 on: 31 Mar 2018, 04:38 am »
Here is a Picture of a New 60 Watt QuickSilver Mono amplifiers I got from Mr Sanders to try out ! not on his website yet ! with the Daedalus Speakers , they look very nice with Chrome plate and sound absolutely Superb ! :D

they sound very linear, Very Quite , brings out horn like performance from the Daedalus Poseidon with very good mid-range
« Last Edit: 1 Apr 2018, 10:46 pm by A_shah »

kapa11

« Reply #109 on: 1 Apr 2018, 05:53 am »
Helio everyone, first time on AudioCircle and to Daedalus Audio Circle, I purchased the MUSE model back in 2014, May be the first ones to get out of Lou´s shop.

Since I live in Mexico, I didn't audition the speakers first. I was Setting a new system from scratch, I sold my previous Cello system and begun to purchase some equipment when I saw the opportunity of a good deal, such was the case for a Yamamoto Tube DAC and a Shindo integrated Amp.

I read a Lot of reviews saying that the Shindo-Devore speakers were a match made in heaven. But I also read a Lot of good reviews about the Daedalus speakers, and some Audiogon post that favour the Daedalus over the Devore, so I ended up Purchasinag the Muse for my Shindo amp.

I kept the combo for about 3 years. The sound was good but not what I expected. I always suspected that even as efficient as they are, the 12 watt Shindo was lacking the juice the Muse needed to sing best.

So I started borrowing amps from Friends, both Tube and SS, but more powerful.

My finding was that a 35W Redgum made them sing very very nice. And needless to say, most SS amps much better than the tubed ones.

Besides, Lou uses Modwright to Voice his speakers. So this two facts made me re-think any tube based amp with Daedalus .

So I sold the Shindo  and purchased a Pass Labs INT-30A pure class A integrated . I had some previous experience with Threshold and Nelson Pass Nakamichi designed amps, so for me it was the best bet.

I have had this set up for over a year now and its really good. I Believe the combo Pass-Daedalus works extremely well. Recommended

cheech

« Reply #110 on: 1 Apr 2018, 02:55 pm »
Nice setup

mca

« Reply #111 on: 1 Apr 2018, 06:43 pm »
Love those album displays.

advanced101

« Reply #112 on: 1 Apr 2018, 10:10 pm »
Awesome, nice 401.

A_shah

« Reply #113 on: 1 Apr 2018, 10:20 pm »
@ Kapa 11,
Very nice

Daedalus Audio

• Facilitator
    • http://www.daedalusaudio.com
« Reply #114 on: 1 Apr 2018, 10:59 pm »
Thanks for sharing all this!! Lots of great amps out there!
 :thumb:

advanced101

« Reply #115 on: 24 Apr 2018, 02:08 am »

My EAR 509-II amps came in and I think they are just what I needed. More detail and bass compared to my LM 219IA. Rolled in aone different tubes and the mid-range is still beautiful. Going to continue experimenting with different tubes. Lots of muscle in these amps. Using the EAR 868PL Pre-amp.

A_shah

« Reply #116 on: 24 Apr 2018, 03:21 am »

My EAR 509-II amps came in and I think they are just what I needed. More detail and bass compared to my LM 219IA. Rolled in aone different tubes and the mid-range is still beautiful. Going to continue experimenting with different tubes. Lots of muscle in these amps. Using the EAR 868PL Pre-amp.

Congratulations !
EAR 509-11 are GR8 amps from what i have read about them , although not heard them , but I know how you feel , My Quest for Amplifiers ended when I heard  the Quick Silver Mono 60 that were custom built  by Mike Sanders and very reasonable priced in fact I would call them cheaply priced compared to Ear 509-11
What compliment of tubes are you using with these ?

« Last Edit: 24 Apr 2018, 05:35 am by A_shah »

advanced101

« Reply #117 on: 24 Apr 2018, 02:16 pm »
Shuguang Treasure LS 12AX7s (Will try Siemens or Teles next)
Phillips NOS ECC85
Valvo NOS PL519

A_shah

« Reply #118 on: 24 Apr 2018, 02:44 pm »
Shuguang Treasure LS 12AX7s (Will try Siemens or Teles next)
Phillips NOS ECC85
Valvo NOS PL519

Thanks.
  QS Mono  60's  Units came with Shugang KT-88-99 ( nice output tubes) But I switched and have
Shugung Black Treasures -Z x2 for output ( very smooth and liquid) KT-88
1 Philips 12FQ7 -Driver tube (NOS -very rare came with the unit)
1Yugo 12AU7 -Input tube, NOS ( also I believe made by Philips in Yugoslavia)

Have ordered Golden Voice KT-88 matched Quads from China , I hear they are very good sounding . :thumb:

A_shah

« Reply #119 on: 1 May 2018, 06:40 am »
Got hold of a Brand new unit of QuickSilver Integrated Amplifier to try out with the Daedalus Poseidon"s , this is an all tube amp only 20 watts per channel The Integrated drove the Poseidon's without a Hiccup , but it really sings on my desktop system with Kef LS 50  :D