Sensation with Audionote speakers

Tarzan

• Virtue Audio Fanboy
Sensation with Audionote speakers
« on: 24 Mar 2013, 07:27 am »
As the title  suggests any one on the Circle running their Sensation with Audionote/Snell loudspeakers (thinking of AN/J or AN/K) could give their thoughts/ opinions, thanks.

Tarzan

• Virtue Audio Fanboy
Re: Sensation with Audionote speakers
« Reply #1 on: 26 Mar 2013, 02:19 pm »
Anyone :thumb:

Tarzan

• Virtue Audio Fanboy
« Reply #2 on: 12 Jun 2013, 08:35 pm »
The Audionote rep bringing round Audionote AN/K, AN/J LX  speakers for a home audition tomorrow, looking forward to it, let you know how l get on! :thumb:

Tarzan

• Virtue Audio Fanboy
« Reply #3 on: 15 Jun 2013, 09:19 am »
Well, had the Audionote  AN/J LX audition and it is this Sensation owner opinion that the two units work brilliantly together! The extra sensitivity of the AN/J makes the Sensation into even higher realms of greatness, the rep was asking me " what make is that amp?", the clarity,warmth, timing fullness and massive sounstage was a real winner, and the musicality was through the roof! Happy days! :thumb:

Randy

« Reply #4 on: 16 Jun 2013, 04:42 am »
Well, had the Audionote  AN/J LX audition and it is this Sensation owner opinion that the two units work brilliantly together! The extra sensitivity of the AN/J makes the Sensation into even higher realms of greatness, the rep was asking me " what make is that amp?", the clarity,warmth, timing fullness and massive sounstage was a real winner, and the musicality was through the roof! Happy days! :thumb:

A great combo, no doubt. Keep the reports coming.

Tarzan

• Virtue Audio Fanboy
« Reply #5 on: 16 Jun 2013, 06:31 am »
A great combo, no doubt. Keep the reports coming.

Well, l knew there was greatness in my Sensation and that l thought it would survive a good few equipment upgrades and this proved to be the case with the Audionotes (AN), as l indicated the AN rep loved the amp( l thought he would :notworthy:), but even l was taken aback how good my system sounded, playing Queen's "Another one bites the dust", well John Deacon's bass had me pinned to the sofa and John himself was thee yards away from me, it really was entertaining!

So, my high sensitivity quest continues (but am pretty keen on ANs 93db) have a pair of Toppsounds Rossindale (93db) coming soon and maybe will try some Living Voice Avatars, as l want to make the correct decisions regarding speakers.

After the AN rep left l plumbed my Harbeth Compact 7ES2 and as l knew a completely different sound the cohesiveness of the music hangs together really well, a tad more smoothness, body a real all day listen! Not quite as exciting but still an amazing sound.... so maybe l should try Harbeth HL5's as well...........

But those AN's definitely left an impression..... decisions, decisions, to be continued......
 :thumb: