Battery Power comes to Tarzan Towers

Tarzan

• Virtue Audio Fanboy
Battery Power comes to Tarzan Towers
« on: 27 Dec 2012, 02:53 pm »
As the title suggests a nice DBA F1 Battery PSU  ( Carbon weave) arrived for my M451- first impresions of a heavy very well made PSU!

Comparing it with my last PSU ( 30V/130W PSU), there is quite a lift in sound quality, bass is fuller and more propulsive, music is even more full, more 3D, musical and detail is up a notch. The amp sounds and feels quite a bit powerful and it is silky smooth, so all in all a very worthwhile upgrade l would say!

Now the downside: l feel the sound is a tad more revealing, ( my el cheapo phono stage) is shown up, but l am upgrading this shortly anyway :thumb:, l feel the Battery PSU could go through a lot of upgrades to source equipment.

Unplugging the charger from the mains -l could not detect a difference, but l will try this again.

So to recap l am a happy bunny, thanks to Danny at DBA here in the UK, now it is back to the music! Jeez this is a smooth sound.

Have a Merry Christmas and a happy New Year! :green:

Tarzan

• Virtue Audio Fanboy
Re: Battery Power comes to Tarzan Towers
« Reply #1 on: 29 Dec 2012, 12:07 pm »
Just a few more lines, the Battery PSU has been on a few days now, and it seems to be freeing up and sounding a bit better- do these things have a burn in  period? :scratch: :thumb:.

dba

• demand better audio
    • Demand Better Audio
« Reply #2 on: 31 Dec 2012, 12:37 pm »
Hi Tarzan!

I'd assume that the batteries are topped-up with a charge now you've had it plugged in for a while. Glad you like the upgrade and improved sound, if only the mains was as velvety...

Happy New Year!
Danny

Tarzan

• Virtue Audio Fanboy
« Reply #3 on: 16 Jan 2013, 10:43 am »
Further musings on the Battery PSU as the Circle is a bit slow at the moment, l am sure the Batteries must burn in as the sound has gone from a great hifi sound to a very live sound as in every song is being recorded in front of me also put the Battery pack on an isolation platform and the sound quality lifted again :scratch, bass is BIG and wonderfully controlled, and low level resolution is vastly improved, so now l would say sounds like an EAR/Yoshino amp l used to have, a bit like a cross between Naim and EAR/yoshino, very musical and dynamic, my Harbeths are not renowned for this but they sound so strong! :banana piano: