Will Sensation w/Dodd tube buffer be available again?

Audioclyde

I'm thinking about adding a Sensation 451 as a second amp to use when I don't want to fire up the 845 tubes, and also to potentially use as a headphone amp in the future (when I get cans that can use the required balanced hookup). I know I want the Dodd tube buffer, but that option has been 'unavailable' on the website for a whole. Will it be available again?

Thanks!

Randy

TQdB

Re: Will Sensation w/Dodd tube buffer be available again?
« Reply #1 on: 30 Nov 2011, 03:38 am »
Hey Randy ...

Virtue was shop-installing the Dodd Buffer for a while because the originator was ill. He's better now and doing the installs himself again over at Dodd Audio.

I was after the same setup, but ended up 'just' getting the Clarity MR caps mod by Jason, which I totally recommend. (!!)

The buffer can still be added later on, but after a few dozen hours of breaking in these MR caps I'm doubting if I'll get the buffer now.

Virtue is going to have to consider making the Claritys a standard configuration -- the sound stage and depth are a m a z i n g !  Very impressed. This thing is in its own league  :thumb:

virtue

• Facilitator
  • Making audio lovers audiophiles
    • Virtue Audio
« Reply #2 on: 1 Dec 2011, 01:13 am »
Jason told me what those things cost the other day.  I nearly fell off my chair.

They're cheaper than the buffer, but not by much.  He seems happy to do it and you guys can work it out individually!

cables@virtueaudio.com

Audioclyde

« Reply #3 on: 1 Dec 2011, 02:09 am »
So if I purchase a new 451, Virtue can send it directly to Gary for installation of the tube buffer?  Is the price still the same as the upgrade listed on the Virtue sight, or is that a question for Gary?

I'm thinking about getting some Audeze LCD-2 cans with the adapter cable and would run them off the 451 (or 901), and also use the Sensation to power my Daedalus DA-RMas on the occasions I don't want to fire up the 845 tube amp.

I welcome any thoughts/insights re my plans.
Thanks,

Randy

virtue

• Facilitator
  • Making audio lovers audiophiles
    • Virtue Audio
« Reply #4 on: 1 Dec 2011, 02:34 am »
That's right.  Same price from Gary last time I heard.

Trismos

« Reply #5 on: 3 Dec 2011, 11:59 pm »
Jason told me what those things cost the other day.  I nearly fell off my chair.

They're cheaper than the buffer, but not by much.  He seems happy to do it and you guys can work it out individually!

The whole friggin company is right weird like that. Like they LOVE their jobs or something. I'll tell you all a story as soon as my amp get's back to me from Jason.