Michigan WEATHER!!!

EdRo

Michigan WEATHER!!!
« on: 12 Jan 2018, 01:17 pm »
It was a balmy 56 degrees here yesterday. The weatherman says that we're headed for 8 degrees by supper time!!! JEESH!!! How's everyone else holding up?

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
Re: Michigan WEATHER!!!
« Reply #1 on: 12 Jan 2018, 01:24 pm »
Yep, rain to freezing rain to snow in the course of 6 hours overnight.  Lots of schools cancelled today.

My wife made it to work in Ann Arbor in our Outback equipped with winter tires.  I'm enjoying retirement at home.  Not going to be generating electricity via the solar panels today, but have the automatic whole house generator just in case.

LesterSleepsIn

• Occasionally consternated
« Reply #2 on: 12 Jan 2018, 03:09 pm »
Yep, rain to freezing rain to snow in the course of 6 hours overnight.  Lots of schools cancelled today.

My wife made it to work in Ann Arbor in our Outback equipped with winter tires.  I'm enjoying retirement at home.  Not going to be generating electricity via the solar panels today, but have the automatic whole house generator just in case.

How effective are solar panels in MI? You probably get the same # of cloudy days as we do in Rochester. One of my last business trips was to Ann Arbor and as I walked across campus on a miserable January morning I thought, “Just like home”.

monte

« Reply #3 on: 12 Jan 2018, 03:15 pm »
It was 60 degrees in Aberdeen md this morning, a lot of rain. At least it washed the salt off the streets.

Bob2

• De gustibus non est disputandum
« Reply #4 on: 12 Jan 2018, 03:36 pm »
How effective are solar panels in MI? You probably get the same # of cloudy days as we do in Rochester. One of my last business trips was to Ann Arbor and as I walked across campus on a miserable January morning I thought, “Just like home”.
Was that Central campus or North campus?

LesterSleepsIn

• Occasionally consternated
« Reply #5 on: 12 Jan 2018, 06:31 pm »
Was that Central campus or North campus?

North, I think. Where the Gerald Ford Presidntial Library is.

Bob2

« Reply #6 on: 12 Jan 2018, 09:41 pm »
North, I think. Where the Gerald Ford Presidntial Library is.
Yep that's North Campus. A very cold walk around there this time of year but very nice during spring.

neekomax

« Reply #7 on: 13 Jan 2018, 12:13 am »
Yep that's North Campus. A very cold walk around there this time of year but very nice during spring.

I went to the School of Music on the North Campus. But living on Main Campus was a social life must.

Bob2

« Reply #8 on: 13 Jan 2018, 12:21 am »
I went to the School of Music on the North Campus. But living on Main Campus was a social life must.
Central campus is where all the action is... When was the last time you were on North Campus?

EdRo, it's about 15 degrees now... sorry for the hijack.

neekomax

« Reply #9 on: 13 Jan 2018, 12:32 am »
Central campus is where all the action is... When was the last time you were on North Campus?

EdRo, it's about 15 degrees now... sorry for the hijack.

Last time I was there was a visit about 10 years ago. I'll visit again someday. But it will be in Fall or springtime when I do.  :lol:

Bob2

« Reply #10 on: 13 Jan 2018, 01:13 am »
Last time I was there was a visit about 10 years ago. I'll visit again someday. But it will be in Fall or springtime when I do.  :lol:
Yea, wait till the weather is better.
A lot has changed. I think the Arthur Miller Auditorium was added just after your last time there. Pretty close any way.
Last time I was there was the day I retired from Mechanical Eng. July of 2014. Miss working with the students.. Thanks for the response!

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #11 on: 13 Jan 2018, 01:25 am »
It was a balmy 56 degrees here yesterday. The weatherman says that we're headed for 8 degrees by supper time!!! JEESH!!! How's everyone else holding up?
Several days ago, it was -7 in STL. Yesterday it was 60, humid, and damp. This morning was back down to the teens, with winds gusting to 26mph.
The weather man said that from 3:00pm to 6:00 yesterday the temps dropped 30 degrees.
Based on the weather map and that front that rolled through, I'm assuming the majority of the central section of the country had similar radical changes?