New Member BigDesign

BigDDesign

New Member BigDesign
« on: 19 Aug 2017, 02:41 am »
I'm an Audiophile for a very long time. Sixty years old and like Audio in many places in my life. Music is very important to me, and I have been involved in having the best sound that I could afford, or could have my surroundings or family tolerate over the years. I just went nuts on my Home Stereo setup that was sitting dormant for almost 5 years in boxes when I moved from one place to another. Also the system was missing items that would really finish the Home Stereo into the Top Shelf System that I had originally hoped to have. I had an underpowered tube integrated amplifier that sounded silky smooth, but did nothing for the Martin Logan ESLs and Dynamo 1000 Subwoofer in terms of impact at louder volume levels. So I had a system that was fine at low to mid levels, and even at that, there was not anything that I was looking for in the massive amount of money already spent on the setup I had.

Move on to now....
Upgrade of Martin Logan Speakers many notches to the Martin Logan Montis. Thru much time and testing, and lots of equipment, I have found some nice synergy with my Home Stereo System. I would like to take some time to elaborate on how I got to where I am now, and also what I am using for components. But I will mention that REL Subwoofers are what take the Martin Logan Montis Speakers to the next level of sonic realism. The combination of the two dynamic REL Subs and the 2 Martin Logan Subs built-in with the Montis Speakers both standing right next to each other, and the REL Subs are running in separated Stereo coming from the Krell Amplifier Outputs to match the timing of the Martin Logans....... It is quite an experience. Having spent countless hours in Audio Salons back in the 80's and 90's listening to the best available at that time, I have a good idea of what sound is all about.

Took most of my life to get the Martin Logans and Krell Amps that I have always dreamed of. I have a Schiit Freya Preamp. It the missing piece that changed everything for my system. I needed a Remote Control Tube Preamp. The Freya is a great addition to any system. It is so good. Just my opinion, but I find it amazing. I run XLRs now. I wasn't doing XLRs thru the whole chain until recently. But since getting another Krell Amp, I went the whole XLR. From DAC XLRs to Freya XLRs to Krell XLRs.

I think that is enough of an introduction. I now live in the top of Florida, and have lived in the NYC area, Jersey Shore and Southern California, including Orange County and San Diego County. Audio is more than a hobby to me. I live for great sound. Hope you enjoy some of my posts.

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: New Member BigDesign
« Reply #1 on: 19 Aug 2017, 03:33 am »
Welcome BigDDesign :thumb:
Thats a nice introduction.

Phil A

« Reply #2 on: 19 Aug 2017, 04:03 am »
Welcome - we live and have lived in some of the same places

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #3 on: 19 Aug 2017, 12:30 pm »
Hi, BigD.

Welcome to AC. I look forward to your thoughts.

Michael

dB Cooper

« Reply #4 on: 19 Aug 2017, 12:40 pm »
Welcome to the sweet spot

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #5 on: 19 Aug 2017, 03:18 pm »
Greetings & Welcome to AC BigD    :thumb: