Behringer iNUKE NU6000DSP Power Amplifier with DSP or iNuke NU3000DSP

Phil A

srb

Those seem to be the normal street prices no matter where you buy it - Sweetwater, Musician's Friend, Guitar Center, Sam Ash, Amazon, B&H Photo, Parts Express, etc.

While they might be worth it compared to an equivalent Crown XLS (?), the 3000W/ch rating is somewhat absurd.  It's obviously some kind of peak power rating (for .1ms? at 10% THD?), but the don't spec RMS or distortion figures.  Only known real power specification is the power consumption at 4Ω is 620W, and since it's an amplifier and not an energy creation machine, RMS power @ 4Ω would likely be < 300W/ch.

Steve

poseidonsvoice

• Science is not a democracy - Earl Geddes
    • 2 channel/7 channel setup
Well, no need to surmise. If you search on diyaudio you'll see the iNuke amplifiers have been tested and measured. I don't remember the numbers but do a search if interested.

Best,
Anand.

Dan Driscoll

Sale price is not the only thing that can make a "Sweet Deal". Unless multiple other sellers are also offering it, the 0% financing for 36 months offer makes this a "Sweet Deal", IMO.

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
I've got an NU6000 that I'm pretty happy with. I do NOT, even for a second, believe the power ratings advertised.
It's powering four 15" drivers in infinite baffle. This amp is in direct comparison to a Crown K2 which is rated lower than the Behringer.
Regarding power output, the NU6000 is a laughable unit compared to the K2, but if you want cheap watts, this is what you want.
Basically, it's a big ugly tow truck, but at the end of the day, it'll get the job done if you want BOOM in the room.
Oh... and the LED lights are ENTIRELY too bright.  :roll:

poseidonsvoice

• Science is not a democracy - Earl Geddes
    • 2 channel/7 channel setup