Jolidah 9D phono

roger15ohm

Jolidah 9D phono
« on: 23 Dec 2009, 08:54 am »
Hai all.

I happened to know this phono and found it quite interesting.  First of all upgradable with a great price.  build with tube outputs and offers a 70db for mm.

Sad case i only manage to get the reviews but not much on end user side.  Anyone using this?

Miney

• Free your mind... and your ass will follow
Re: Jolidah 9D phono
« Reply #1 on: 23 Dec 2009, 02:17 pm »
Have & like it bunches.   Comments in prior AC threads is what brought the unit to my attention... a quick "jolida 9" searchy herein offers 2 pages of hits you can peruse at your leisure.

AudioSoul

« Reply #2 on: 23 Dec 2009, 03:35 pm »

I like mine alot. I have used it with MC and MM carts. The gain is a little high on the MM side but overall a great sounding phono preamp. Just a tad  foreward sounding......... 8)

roger15ohm

« Reply #3 on: 24 Dec 2009, 12:58 am »
AudioSoul,

I was once spare with EAR 834 (with V.control) for 2 hours audition. Setup as direct to my Dynaco ST70 and skip my Canary 601 pre.  I found myself fall in love with this simple set up.  Only thing is I have to tune way to 12 o'clock for an acceptable loudness-

I am quite convience  with 70db from Jolidah, adding a v.control can do a better job here.  Any upgrade or mod have been carry out in your Jolidah? 

Many thanks.

mchuckp

« Reply #4 on: 25 Dec 2009, 09:10 pm »
I had one for quite a while and just sold it as I went to a Van Alstine T8 w/ phono.  I like my T8 better but loved the Jolida leaps and bound over my Onkyo receiver/Emotiva USP-1 preamp, and Cambridge Audio dedicated phono (can't recall the model # but was the 2nd highest up around $200).  I think for the money, the Jolida is a great preamp.  The midrange and low end were topnotch.  I think the T8 is smoother across the whole spectrum.

roger15ohm

« Reply #5 on: 26 Dec 2009, 12:39 am »
Thanks for the input. Since there are some recommenddation on upgrading this phono,  that was kind of interest me too.  As for the 3rd level will price up to 1k plus, I wonder how that will sound. 

AudioSoul

« Reply #6 on: 27 Dec 2009, 03:23 pm »
 The only mods I have done is change the tubes to Mullard repros, the feet and add damping matereial to the inside.. 8)