« Reply #1 on: 17 Aug 2014, 02:29 am »
Doesn't like promising from this most recent update:

http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews2/vapor/3.html

Kevin T

Srajan Ebaen

• Industry Participant
Re: 6moons Speaker review
« Reply #2 on: 17 Aug 2014, 08:06 pm »
I wouldn't say not promising. We're simply delayed again well past the initial 6-week promise whilst communications about status have been very poor. That part is surprising since we'd gone down that road once before to finally end in a cancelled review. I'd expected that round 2 would be different. Obviously I appreciate that Ryan and team are busy building speakers. But *somebody* there ought to be on top of updating clients if they have to default on initial delivery times (and in this case I think it's fair to say that I am a client by proxy). Regardless, this won't affect my take on the speaker's performance once it arrives :green:

csmgolf

« Reply #3 on: 17 Aug 2014, 09:53 pm »
At least I am not the only one.

Vapor Audio

• Industry Participant
  • Building Audio Bling since 2007
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #4 on: 18 Aug 2014, 12:27 am »
Actually Srajan, things are looking good now.  I'll explain fully in the email I'm sending in a few minutes ...

The email from me you quote in the update above I'm sure is hard for anyone to understand in context.  We were never building a pair for review, instead we were going to send you a pair that was being returned from a customer.  At the time we setup the review, the pair of speakers, we were told, would be sent back to us in a matter of days.  Then the customer had a serious medical situation arise, and next the speakers were stolen from his home!  A very unfortunate situation outside of our control - and this customer posts regularly here on AC btw.  Good news is we have a brand new pair that is nearly complete and will be going to the painter this week, those will be going to 6moons for review. 

I know you didn't want them in black, but looking back I should have just sent you this metallic black pair we've had available this entire time.  What's that about hindsight?   :wink:
« Last Edit: 18 Aug 2014, 01:44 am by Vapor Audio »

JohnR

« Reply #5 on: 18 Aug 2014, 07:22 am »
What difference does it make to a reviewer what colour they are?

SoCalWJS

« Reply #6 on: 18 Aug 2014, 01:21 pm »
What difference does it make to a reviewer what colour they are?
Good - I'm not the only one who wondered about this (unless it's going to be loooooong term)  :scratch:

maxima95

« Reply #7 on: 18 Aug 2014, 01:58 pm »
"...
I know you didn't want them in black, but looking back I should have just sent you this metallic black pair we've had available this entire time.  What's that about hindsight?"

Srajan - The points raised in your post(s) are understood.  However, if review speakers were available (though it is stated above that you did not want that paticular color), don't you think this information should have been included in your post?

mr_bill

« Reply #8 on: 18 Aug 2014, 02:57 pm »
Is that in case he wants to keep them after writing a good review!?!?

Vapor Audio

• Industry Participant
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #9 on: 18 Aug 2014, 05:18 pm »
I don't know Srajan, but it's pretty easy to see from his vast library of writing that he's a man with very well defined taste.  He prefers white, and we like to oblige.  And lets face it, visual appeal does translate somewhat into auditory appeal.  I'd rather not send him a color he dislikes, potentially impacting the review negatively.

I don't know if he has any illusions of owning the Aurora after the review is completed, but if so, them being in a color complimentary to his home would make that possible.  It would be an honor if they did find permanent residence with him. 

maxima - I would agree that it should be mentioned the delays could have been avoided completely if not for a color preference.  But also I'm not one to tell anyone how to manage their own business.  I'm confident it will work out well in the end, either way. 

Don_S

« Reply #10 on: 18 Aug 2014, 06:57 pm »
I thought the point of the post was the lack of communication.

"...
I know you didn't want them in black, but looking back I should have just sent you this metallic black pair we've had available this entire time.  What's that about hindsight?"

Srajan - The points raised in your post(s) are understood.  However, if review speakers were available (though it is stated above that you did not want that paticular color), don't you think this information should have been included in your post?

Srajan Ebaen

• Industry Participant
« Reply #11 on: 18 Aug 2014, 07:17 pm »
Don_S: Quite so.

This thread is entitled "6moons speaker review" and wasn't started by me. I simply responded to it. This thread refers to the 2-page preview I published a few months ago due to which people know that a formal review is coming from us.  In that preview the gestation of this assignment is described in detail, including verbatim email exchanges with Ryan. I happen to hate black hifi. When Ryan said that a white pair would come in for trade-in which he could refurbish and send out about 6 weeks after soliciting me for the review, I opted for that over the black pair he had in inventory. All that's in the preview. It's also a heckuva lot easier to photograph white than gloss black which reflects like a mirror. I like to take my own photos, hence gloss black wasn't my choice and I was given an option.

It's simply that now we're well outside the original 6-weeks window and communications about status had broken down past that original time line until they've resumed as of a couple of days ago. My point thus is that on the subject of communication (keeping me up to date on the delays), Vapor Sound still has a lot of room to improve. I'm a busy man and I have a schedule. When stuff shows up a few months late, it tends to upset things a bit...  :oops:

daveaux419

« Reply #12 on: 19 Aug 2014, 04:15 pm »
Hey everyone, the purpose of the post was to see what the status was. I had not seen anything any where about the status of the review. Sorry if I caused any issues.

Vapor Audio

• Industry Participant
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #13 on: 19 Aug 2014, 04:45 pm »
Hey everyone, the purpose of the post was to see what the status was. I had not seen anything any where about the status of the review. Sorry if I caused any issues.

No problems ... we know we have room for improvement in some areas.  Fortunately the sound and build quality is there to compensate for our lack of 'front office' help. 

Specifically on the review pair - the cabs are done, they will be prepped and off to the painter this week.  Then with him for 7-10 days.  Once I get them back it's install drivers, wire, crossover, etc and listen before boxing/shipping.  So we should be in good shape to get this review moving shortly! 

harley52

« Reply #14 on: 22 Aug 2014, 03:59 pm »
It's good to know a reviewer with good taste. I dislike black like the plague :nono:. Spent enough years putting up with no choice but, black. Way too many A-philes are afraid to step out of the heard mentality. Black just....well sucks!

The white Aurora's that Ryan is talking about were mine. He sent me an e-mail about 3weeks ago asking about the return of the speakers but, I didn't answer him until earlier this week. So, I was the one that held up the review process, in all fairness. I will be kinda surprised if the Aurora's leave Srajan's listening room. I mean where are you gonna get the awesome looks with the same awesome sound for under $5000 or higher with stands that are fantastic as well. There's a lot of tech. and engineering that goes into them and the shape of the cabinets makes for a long process. I found I didn't need a stinking subwoofer with them.  The speakers price rose $500 a few months ago and in my opinion they are still too low in price. I think they should be priced at a min. of $4000.

Whoever has the speakers that were stolen from me probably has no idea what they have on their hands. Seeing as how they are the only all white pr. in existence, it will be tough to sell them to anyone in the know.

Btw, the insurance company paid me the new price of $3495 plus the cost of the paint job of $500.

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #15 on: 22 Aug 2014, 08:05 pm »
Whoever has the speakers that were stolen from me probably has no idea what they have on their hands. Seeing as how they are the only all white pr. in existence, it will be tough to sell them to anyone in the know.
That's an interesting point. Will be interesting to see if they show up on Craiglist or Ebay someday.
Ryan, do your speakers have serial numbers?

Bob

harley52

« Reply #16 on: 23 Aug 2014, 02:07 am »
There weren't any sn's on mine.

Vapor Audio

• Industry Participant
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #17 on: 23 Aug 2014, 02:35 am »
It's the only pair of White top-to-bottom Aurora in the World ... although very soon there will be a 2nd.  I'll be keeping my eye out, and it would be appreciated if others do as well.  Let's catch the fu**er!

dex67

« Reply #18 on: 23 Aug 2014, 08:05 pm »
glad to hear that the insurance  company paid for your pair…i hope to get the money from the shipping insurance from Pilot as well after they dropped my Nimbus crate right in front of my driveway…:)

and i'll keep an eye for the Aurora in white…i have to say that besides the Nimbus, the Aurora was the only other speaks that interested me in the Vapor line…

adrian

Srajan Ebaen

• Industry Participant
« Reply #19 on: 28 Aug 2014, 10:49 am »
Change of plans. Ryan was clearly keen on broadening his inventory of Aurora photo finishes and made some very interesting suggestions. Since everyone already knows what the all white looks like, we now settled on this:

Vroom, vroom. It should be a stunningly rich coffee colour and work really well in our interior to boot. And it should still be easier to shoot than piano gloss black :oops: