DA-RMA Used Price

neilwill

DA-RMA Used Price
« on: 9 May 2012, 09:56 pm »
I'm looking to get one of these if I can afford it.  Does anyone know how much a used or demo would go for?  Does anyone have a used or demo they would like to sell?  Thanks.

wilsynet

Re: DA-RMA Used Price
« Reply #1 on: 10 May 2012, 01:00 am »
I haven't seen them come up very often, so you may be waiting awhile.

Anyway:

http://app.audiogon.com/listings/daedalus-audio-reference-series-da-rma-full-range-stand

Phil A

« Reply #2 on: 10 May 2012, 02:10 am »
I'm looking to get one of these if I can afford it.  Does anyone know how much a used or demo would go for?  Does anyone have a used or demo they would like to sell?  Thanks.

Sometimes manufacturers sell show demos.  They bring them to shows and will either ship them or sell them at the show.  As noted in the other post, they won't come up very often.

neilwill

« Reply #3 on: 10 May 2012, 02:39 am »
Thanks for the input guys.  The one listed on audiogon was much higher than I thought it would be.  I really don't know how much the new price is since its not listed on the website.

wilsynet

« Reply #4 on: 10 May 2012, 03:41 am »
According to the expired Audiogon ad, the new price for that particular pair was $8K.

minotaur

« Reply #5 on: 10 May 2012, 02:55 pm »
Neil,
You can email Lou to ask for the pricelist.

david12

« Reply #6 on: 10 May 2012, 04:42 pm »
Lou's speakers are not commonly on the second hand market. He does'nt make millions and people don't sell them. I have the DA-RMas and mine ain't going anywhere. So there is'nt a second hand market price.

As a matter of interest, a pair of Ulysses are on sale in the Trade ads for sale, you might lok at it

Randy

« Reply #7 on: 10 May 2012, 04:57 pm »
Lou's speakers are not commonly on the second hand market. He does'nt make millions and people don't sell them. I have the DA-RMas and mine ain't going anywhere. So there is'nt a second hand market price.

As a matter of interest, a pair of Ulysses are on sale in the Trade ads for sale, you might lok at it

Can you post a link to that pair of Ulysses?  I can't find them on the site. Thanks.

wilsynet

« Reply #8 on: 10 May 2012, 06:08 pm »
http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=102759.0

Pretty old ad though.

If you want to be able to do this yourself, just type "site:audiocircle.com ulysses" into Google.  First hit.

This whole thread should really be in the trading circle for speakers, with a "WTB" prefix to the title.

Wilson

Daedalus Audio

• Facilitator
    • http://www.daedalusaudio.com
« Reply #9 on: 11 May 2012, 07:11 pm »

that pair have long since sold, actually just shipped a set of outriggers to the new owner.

thanks,
lou

fado

« Reply #10 on: 14 May 2012, 05:47 pm »
For most used Daedalus speakers you will want to be sure to find out if they have the All Poly Crossovers.  This is an expensive upgrade.

audiogoober

« Reply #11 on: 14 May 2012, 06:16 pm »
You won't find used ones often, so it could be a long wait. Splurge for the Athena's!!

fado

« Reply #12 on: 16 May 2012, 04:58 pm »
It may be a long wait; it may be a short wait; it may be happening right now. It is strictly stochastic.

Take home message: 

Be Prepared - know the value of upgrades and have the manufacturer's phone number on speed dial.

Refurbish your karma.