NuPrime DAC 10 - DSD ASIO on JRiver or HPplayer (Windows) - does it work?

JohnInToronto

Hello!

I'm wondering if anyone out there has DSD ASIO on JRiver or HPplayer working with the DAC 10/H.

WASAPI DSD via PCM DoP works no problem (but am limited to only DSD5.6).

However, ASIO seems to be a non-starter and simply plays a stream of white noise.

I've played with ASIO driver & hardware buffers are large, ensured bitstreaming is on, etc.

The only time I can make ASIO work is when I do a pristine install of the NuPrime drivers and immediately go into JRiver.

Once I then try and make any desktop sound work the whole thing falls apart and I'm back to static.

I never had this issue with my SimAudio drivers so I'm at a loss for next steps.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks

triumph

One thing to make sure.

Volume in JRiver needs to be at 100%.  If you try to play with the volume, it will only send white noise.  If volume is at 100%, it will send music.  Control the volume from your DAC-10 only.

JohnInToronto

Yes, I ended up having to disable the JRiver volume altogether and setting the windows volume at 100%.

This was the only way it worked for me in Windows 8.1 Pro N.

Is there any reason why this can't be part of the NuPrime documentation? It would certainly make for a more pleasant 'new ASIO user' experience.

Showing how the DAC 10 works with FooBar is great but doesn't really apply to other platforms and media players.

Better still, program the driver accordingly... ;-)

Thanks

rustydoglim

Sorry, but now it will be in the FAQ, thanks.   :P

giordy60

I installed the asio driver of NAA connected to the DAC 10, works perfectly up to DSD256, native and upsampling by PCM.
the S.O. is WS2012R2

giordy60

.....in HQPlayer environment

giordy60

question for Jason: the nuprime dac 10 does not handle audio file based 48khz, is a driver issue?
thank you.

rustydoglim

It should handle 48kHz as in the spec, you should create a help desk ticket for us to look into your problem.

giordy60

thank you
I created a help desk