TDSS Upgrade NuForce REF9 V2 SE Amps

Rx8man

TDSS Upgrade NuForce REF9 V2 SE Amps
« on: 23 Jan 2017, 05:49 pm »
A brief review of my recent experience with Bob Smith of TDSS:

I'll cut straight to the chase, however great you think the NuForce amps sound in their stock form, you'll be quite surprised what the TDSS mods can do to make an already great amp (or mono amps) stellar.

Mine have been running-in for about a month or so and they sound cleaner, smoother, quieter, better definition across the board, more space between instruments and a larger stage.

They get completely outta the way of the music, with no harshness or fatigue what so ever, the amps are staying with me for good.

I can't thank Bob enough for the services he performed, I very highly recommend this to any NuForce or NuPrime owners.

Tom Davis

Re: TDSS Upgrade NuForce REF9 V2 SE Amps
« Reply #1 on: 24 Jan 2017, 12:21 am »
Could you please provide contact information for TDSS, I am in the process of upgrading from the NuPrime IDA-8 to IDA-16 and would like to see how far I can push upgrading the IDA-16 itself.

And just as a note on increasing both a sense of ease and resolution: I found using Finite Elemente Ceraball Universal footers to be a quite noticeable step-up with the IDA-8 (though I do know how Jason loves its patented feet). Of course Finite Elemente is itself out of business now, but if you find their gear online, do go for it.

Tom

Rx8man

I.Greyhound Fan

« Reply #3 on: 24 Jan 2017, 03:47 am »
A buddy of mine had his Nuforce Model 9sev3 upgraded due to repeated failure due to a design flaw with the EM.  He is very pleased with the upgrade and sound.  He was not happy with having to do it because of the inherent poor design of the original Nuforce however.

SFDude

« Reply #4 on: 24 Jan 2017, 04:10 am »
They get completely outta the way of the music, with no harshness or fatigue what so ever, the amps are staying with me for good.

I can't thank Bob enough for the services he performed, I very highly recommend this to any NuForce or NuPrime owners.

Nice. Which amp(s) did you get upgraded?

-dave

SFDude

« Reply #5 on: 24 Jan 2017, 04:11 am »
Nice. Which amp(s) did you get upgraded?

-dave

Of course, I spaced out and just saw the Post topic.   :duh: :duh:

It's been that kind of start to my week though.  :green:

-dave

Tom Davis

« Reply #6 on: 25 Jan 2017, 01:21 am »
Thanks for the contact info.

Tom

gammajo

« Reply #7 on: 27 Jan 2017, 10:02 pm »
Rxman - congratulations on the courage to take the plunge and that you are enjoying the result. It must be a substantial improvement because, I know you had been happy for years with the original sound (plus the tweaks you had already done to isolate and weight down the units). My Ref 20s are due back tomorrow with the TDSS mods. I have been liking them and running them in original for over a year so I should have a good baseline to compared the mods to original.
« Last Edit: 28 Jan 2017, 01:01 am by gammajo »

jonbee

« Reply #8 on: 28 Jan 2017, 12:35 am »
As I've said before, my modded ST-10 just disappears, like having no amp at all. Handles full range dynamic impacts without a sweat. Does what I want from an amp, and it takes me off the amp market. Bob's mods on top of the nuforce/nuprime is the real deal, at a great price.

Arpagon

« Reply #9 on: 30 Jan 2017, 05:16 pm »
Hi,

I also have a very good experience with the upgrades Bob did with my Nuforce Ref9 V2 (also upgraded to V3).  I can testify that my amps have been very much improved.  I wrote un long post on that on the TDSS thread, but unfortunately that threak has disapeared.

This the end of the road for me regarding my amps.

Keep the good work Bob; hope your business is well. :wink:

gammajo

« Reply #10 on: 30 Jan 2017, 11:24 pm »
Very pleased with TDSS mod of my Nufroce/Nuprime Refernce 20 mono amps. Full review posted on new thread - TDSS upgrade for the Reference 20 mono amps