HD-AVA (and HD-AVP) issues. Defective unit or plain limitations?

supernaut77

If you are using the USB DAC through the USB DAC RCA Mains exclusively, then it should be fine.  It's the multichannel DAC Mains that are swapped when they playback from the USB DAC.

If you need the multichannel DAC Mains, while using the USB DAC, just swap the R/L channels RCA connectors.

About the outputs to the rear channels, I hope you can choose a mode in your multichannel amp that outputs only 2 channels, or turn off the surrounds and centre channels' amps.
All tips are rather extreme work arounds. I'd rather have a pre-amp that works as expected and advertised.

chrisc

• Listen to the great composers
I have received a (new) replacement HD-AVP from the agent and it works as expected, thank you.  Shortly, I will compile a list of "tweaks" that owners may apply to their units to overcome apparent faults and anomolies

To answer the last post, if you choose "Pure Direct" either on the remote or on the front panel, you will only get a stereo signal from a USB source, nothing from the rear channels

One upgrade or update that would be welcome, if it is possible, is to have DSD support on HDMI audio.  This will enable a SACD player that uses HDMI output to play the SACD layer on discs.

Does the facilitator know if this is being considered?  Also, what updates are in the pipeline.  I am sure readers would like to know

vadeper

Dear!

My problem is same:

3) The AutoRoom correction does not seem to detect  my left speaker (tried with different cables, and different speakers, it just skips it and configures the right speaker and the subwoofer.
Yes clear that is not normal, but what can I do? Warranty?

I have another problem: Not work with my Iphone 7 the airpay . When start the play the HD AVA make restart.
I try make update the firmware but no upgrade avaiable.

Can you help me?

Attila

rustydoglim

Did you try this firmware ?
http://www.nuprimeaudio.com/index.php/products/downloads/summary/21-hd-ava-hd-avp/32-hd-avp-firmware-for-airplay.html

For the auto room setup, did you use the original high quality microphone that came with HD-AVP? You should email support@nuprimeaudio.com.

simondadiamond

My problem is same:
3) The AutoRoom correction does not seem to detect  my left speaker (tried with different cables, and different speakers, it just skips it and configures the right speaker and the subwoofer.
Yes clear that is not normal, but what can I do? Warranty?

Hey, ever get any of your problems solved? I guess I'm not the only one!

simondadiamond

For the auto room setup, did you use the original high quality microphone that came with HD-AVP? You should email support@nuprimeaudio.com.

Yes the original microphone was used to no avail!... I have been waiting 4 months on  support for this.

The nonresponsive left speaker if software related would really need to be fixed!!!

Also the switching of the left and right channel is completely unacceptable. This must be able to be fixed via firmware somehow??? This should be a top priority!!!

Simon

supernaut77

Also the switching of the left and right channel is completely unacceptable. This must be able to be fixed via firmware somehow??? This should be a top priority!!!
I fixed this by turning a connector on the usb dac board 180 degrees and it helped. Got instructions from my dealer.

No luck on the rear channel playing from usb source though.
chrisc: was the solution on this to have a replacement unit or was it solved by some setting that I miss?

triumph

I fixed this by turning a connector on the usb dac board 180 degrees and it helped. Got instructions from my dealer.

chrisc: was the solution on this to have a replacement unit or was it solved by some setting that I miss?

So, to get this straight, you opened the HD-AVA/AVP, disconnected the connector going to the RCA outputs of the USB DAC, flipped it, and re-connected it?

If that's so, I'll have to do that!

chrisc

• Listen to the great composers

The replacement unit behaves exactly the same as the first one I received.  However, I was able to ascertain exactly what the various faults (minor ones and major ones) were and convey them to the local agent.  However, he was not interested

In the meantime, as you know, the retail price was reduced by 55% so people who purchased prior to November now have a unit with much less intrinsic value.

I will in due course post what has been occurring with my HD-AVP since December 2016

I was warned not in any circumstances to open the unit, or the guarantee is invalid