Hey, sorry for the long post but I have been having issues with my HD-AVA and I am wondering if I have a defective unit, or are these just limitations of the device?
1) No USB DAC input button on the remote control... isn't this kind of one of the main selling points of the device? the amazing DAC? with a slew of buttons, one for the USB DAC should really be there, am I just blind? I have to go through a list of like 20 different inputs to change from USB DAC to HDMI DAC (Which I will be doing a lot)... Also, there seems to be "A,B,C,D" buttons but the manual says they are reserved, I can't seem to save any settings on them. Having these work as button setting presets would "fix" the issue of not having a dedicated USB DAC button!!!
2) USB DAC drivers (or internal wiring) have switched the left and right channel... This would not be a big issue if I was not using both DACS
2.1) When using the USB DAC, the NuPrime seems to detect it (when I click on the info button) as Analog 8ch 48KHz, though the USB driver seems to detect it correctly, 8ch analog doesn't sound right at all so I will trust that it is a bug and I should trust the tiny GUI for the driver.
3) The AutoRoom correction does not seem to detect my left speaker (tried with different cables, and different speakers, it just skips it and configures the right speaker and the subwoofer.
John Casler reported in another post of mine that this is not normal
4) The EQ and bass management do not seem to have an effect on the USB DAC.
Confirmed normal by Jason from Nuprime
This is a real shame, mostly due to the lack of bass management... it actually sends what I believe to be full range signal to the subwoofer ( I tested all variables with only the subwoofer connected) When using the USB DAC, the subs sounds like a cheap boombox lol, I can hear high frequencies and all!!! And I can't seem to find a way to put a cutoff frequency as I can with the HDMI multichannel DAC or turn the subwoofer off for that matter, only attenuate it by 10db . The only way would be to go behind my unit and unplug the subwoofer to avoid this if using the USB DAC. Surely I am missing something?
5) The HDMI handshake does not seem to take place properly, every time I turn my NuPrime on I have to go into the settings on my computer, disable the TV monitor, then re-enable it or I have no audio or video. This could be windows 10/my computer though... not NECESSARILY the NuPrime.
6) I am really not sure if the different sound modes are working properly, as half of them I can't select ( Dolby Pro Logic IIz, DTS Neo:6 which appear on the on screen display but cannot be turned red as pure audio and pure direct).This is probably due to the fact that I only have 2 speakers connected though, so I will see with a 3rd center channel (amp on it's way