STA-9

RafaPolit

• www.rafaelpolit.com
Re: STA-9
« Reply #260 on: 16 Jan 2017, 05:40 am »
If you switch the right amp to be the left and the left to be the right, is the problem 'reversed'?

Is now the other speaker softer than the other? If no, perhaps the problem is in the speakers or in the PRE section. Or perhaps in the cables? If you switch cables, is the problem reversed or does it keep the same 'soft' speaker?

This is the things I would try to determine if the issue is with the Amps or with any other part of the system.

Best of lucks,
Rafa.

Bill_Bill

« Reply #261 on: 16 Jan 2017, 08:37 am »
Hi Rafa,

Yes after switch the speaker cables and the vocal shifted from right to left so I am very sure is the power amp itself. Thanks anyway  :)!

rustydoglim

« Reply #262 on: 17 Jan 2017, 05:34 pm »
When you report the problem to support or Help Desk, please mention the test that you have done to confirm the problem. And I am sure we or your distributor will fix it.

rustydoglim

« Reply #263 on: 17 Jan 2017, 05:39 pm »
Oh, please provide the serial number of both STA-9 to support.  I don't follow such details, may be the gain was changed ?
Because hardware problem doesn't behave like this. Either it has horrible noise (component failure) or no sound at all.

Bill_Bill

« Reply #264 on: 20 Jan 2017, 11:31 pm »
Thanks for the reply have arranged to bring those machine and check with the dealer at next week. One thing i forgot to mention is that one come with an UK type power cable and the other is the US type power cable (but i use my own power cable UK type for both machine), anyway i dont think this will make the difference due to export to different country.

MASH

« Reply #265 on: 29 Jan 2017, 08:49 am »
Hi,
I'm new in this forum. Have a question. I like to buy STA-9 + DAC-9 with B&W CM9. Wondering if this will work or any comments I will be tankful.
Thank you !
Kind Regards

damguz

« Reply #266 on: 1 Feb 2017, 02:05 pm »
Hi,
I'm new in this forum. Have a question. I like to buy STA-9 + DAC-9 with B&W CM9. Wondering if this will work or any comments I will be tankful.
Thank you !
Kind Regards

First of all, Welcome to the site and to Nuprime´s Circle.
CM9´s sound can be a little bit to oriented towards the low frequencies and require a good amp able to control them in that region, so the STA-9 could be an interesting pairing if you like a warm sounding set-up.  Be aware that it could be too much, and you would need to start pluggin ports, playing with speaker positioning, etc.

Personally, I would try the DAC-9 ST-10 combo.  In my mind they sound like a better pairing to your CM9s.  Greater lf control with a neutral amp, feed by a more liquid soundig DAC.

i06marjo

« Reply #267 on: 1 Feb 2017, 10:19 pm »
Hi!

I am currently owner of the old Nuforce IA7 v2 and I am looking into buy the DAC9/STA9 combo.

On the STA-9 Product description page it says the following:
"The bandwidth of the front-end circuits of the STA-9 and HPA-9 are up to 300KHZ, which produce a more natural sound. With very low negative feedback, the sound is smooth and relaxed rather than harsh."

Does the ”low negative feedback” mean that damping factor is lower compared to the old Nuforce amps?
I also read in the STA9 manual on Nuprimes homepage that Nuprime ”has extermely high damping factor”.

What is the case regarding low negative feedback and damping factor for the Nuprime STA9?

Also, is the DAC9/STA9 a significant improvement compared to the IA7?

Best Regards

Bill_Bill

« Reply #268 on: 8 Feb 2017, 03:39 am »
Just notice that the Nuprime Sta-9 has grand a Qobuzissime award from Europe! :thumb:

John Casler

« Reply #269 on: 8 Feb 2017, 03:49 am »

Also, is the DAC9/STA9 a significant improvement compared to the IA7?

Best Regards

I think you will find the STA-9 and DAC-9 a few levels above the IA7 (which actually was actually quite good for that period)

But to answer your question, YES the combo would certainly be a significant improvement.

I just installed an "open box" pair of the STA-9 into my DEMO System earlier to day and straight out of the gate, still cold, they were "just WOW!" with all the REF CUTS I had time to play.   :thumb:

rustydoglim

« Reply #270 on: 9 Mar 2017, 08:53 am »
Here's a quote from Jim Merod (recording engineer, audiophile reviewer, professor, and Jazz music album producer) for STA-9 and DAC-9 under review.
http://www.blueportjazz.net

THESE  TWO UNITS ARE FANTASTIC BARGAINS . . .

sonic over-achievers, the precise sort of audio music enhancements

that the so called "high-end" once promised, seldom delivered, but here

with your committed honesty and technical brilliance allow any audiophile

and/or music lover to own for enduring listening benefit.  They are under-priced

in the current price-bloated marketplace that shames 90% of existing audio

companies with NuPrime's commitment to musical glory and financial value.

Few products of any kind in the existing world of audio blather and hoopla

produce such an astonishing price - value ratio !  I recommend any listener,

regardless of ability to spend (squandering money on fancy chassis glitter

of published hype), to consider each of these products not merely as great values

-- the proverbial "bargain" most people hope for and rarely find -- but great delivery

systems for any superior audio system -- JIM MEROD

Eisener Bart

« Reply #271 on: 19 Mar 2017, 05:54 am »
I finally bought a pair of STA-9.

gnostalgick

« Reply #272 on: 20 Apr 2017, 12:51 pm »
Any opinions on how long they take to break in?  What areas--if any--notably changed with time?

Eisener Bart

« Reply #273 on: 20 Apr 2017, 01:07 pm »
Any opinions on how long they take to break in?  What areas--if any--notably changed with time?

Standard time (130-150 hours) will be enough.
Sound will "jump out", I don't remember significant floating during breaking-in process.

Power will be enough to control 95% of speakers on the market, so you may leave breaking-in process for 24 hour.
I left for all night decreasing level on minimum, so you will spend around 1 week for 1st stage of breaking-in.

Eisener Bart

« Reply #274 on: 14 May 2017, 03:43 pm »
I received from capitol this Pre Amp 2 days ago for test and probably - for purchase.

It's PS Audio PCA-2 with Analog HCPS (external PSU). This Pre Amp can control 4 channels simultaneously, so I could arrange vertical bi-amping. That's I have another System now.

Samac

« Reply #275 on: 14 May 2017, 09:41 pm »
Cool, Sergio. The PCA-2 looks like a great pre. So, are you bi-amping with the T+A and the NuPrime STA-9s?

Cheers,

Scott

Eisener Bart

« Reply #276 on: 15 May 2017, 11:16 am »
So, are you bi-amping with the T+A and the NuPrime STA-9s?

No.

Vertical bi-amping
using 2 pcs of STA-9 as stereo amps.
1 channel from every STA-9 cuts to the upper pair of contacts on speakers, 1 channel - to the lower pair.

Samac

« Reply #277 on: 15 May 2017, 03:25 pm »
No.

Vertical bi-amping
using 2 pcs of STA-9 as stereo amps.
1 channel from every STA-9 cuts to the upper pair of contacts on speakers, 1 channel - to the lower pair.

Excellent, I bet that sounds great. :thumb: The NuPrime gear is fantastic. My IDA-16 is one of the best amps I've heard. Do you think you'll get a chance to try the NuPrime Ref 20? I hope one day to get to listen to those.

Cheers,

Scott

Eisener Bart

« Reply #278 on: 15 May 2017, 08:00 pm »
Excellent, I bet that sounds great. :thumb: The NuPrime gear is fantastic. My IDA-16 is one of the best amps I've heard. Do you think you'll get a chance to try the NuPrime Ref 20? I hope one day to get to listen to those.

Cheers,

Scott

I planned to buy Ref 20, but some circumstances were against me this year.

For the moment I have great space for manoeuvring:
1) I may add 2 pcs of STA-9;
2) I may start to jump to Ref 20 (2 or even 4 pcs).

But for the moment I gonna wait.

Eisener Bart

« Reply #279 on: 15 May 2017, 08:01 pm »
I planned to buy Ref 20, but some circumstances were against me this year.

Now I have options:

1) I may add 2 pcs of STA-9;
2) I may start to jump for Ref 20 (2 or even 4 pcs).

But for the moment I gonna wait.