IDA-8 ($995) features and spec

mcgsxr

Re: IDA-8 ($995) features and spec
« Reply #40 on: 28 May 2015, 06:24 pm »
I have the Logitech hub in question.  When my 900 died under warranty and they had stopped making it, I was offered one of the hubs.

Does a great job operating my hidden components in my HT closet.

BUT, the hand held unit itself (it comes with a remote, or you can use an app on your choice of phones/tablets) does NOT have IR built into it.

So, if you have all your gear hidden, but your TV is in front of you... it can cause issues.

gregfisk

• Restricted
  • Us alone in the universe? sure is a waste of SPACE
« Reply #41 on: 30 May 2015, 02:32 pm »
You can get a home remote control hub which gets positioned in the house to have IR line of sight to your components (or not for your Bluetooth components), then relays the WiFi signal from your Android or IOS device to IR or Bluetooth commands.

There are quite a few of these devices available, including the Logitech Harmony Home Hub.

Steve

Thank you Steve and Mark for the answers, I will look into one of these, looks like a good solution.

John Casler

« Reply #42 on: 30 May 2015, 03:35 pm »
Starting tomorrow, participating dealers will be taking PRE-ORDERS for the IDA-8.

Please contact me, or your dealer for details.

John Casler

« Reply #43 on: 11 Jun 2015, 09:33 pm »
As it stands now, it appears the first IDA-8's will SHIP June 22, so PREORDERS (at Preorder pricing) will be taken by participating dealers until that date or first actual ship date.

Contact your dealer (or me) to get preorder pricing and details.

I am ordering mine tomorrow   :thumb:

rustydoglim

« Reply #44 on: 13 Jun 2015, 10:44 am »
The following brief guide might help you decide between ST-10, IDA-8 and IDA-16
Sound characteristic - ST-10 has the perfect balanced for people who is looking for some texture, warmth and yet detail and resolution in an amp. It also has gripping control and bass. ST-10 is the best you can get before moving upward to Reference 20.
IDA-16 is very well balanced and detailed. For entry level high-end audio, IDA-16 is a good place to start and you won't easily run out of power.  It has everything you need, including a DAC with enough resolution and inputs that will not need any upgrade for  the foreseeable future.
IDA-8 sound characteristic is between ST-10 and IDA-16. If you have high efficiency speaker, or bookshelf speaker in a small listening room, this is the best integrated amp on the market. I don't think anything below $2K would be able to compete with IDA-8. At $995 that also include bluetooth aptX and DAC, it is as future proof as you can get.
If you are looking for a reason to upgrade your old mini component or outdated entry level audiophile system, IDA-8 gives you everything you need in one box.

agdev01

« Reply #45 on: 15 Jun 2015, 07:17 pm »
Rusty, thank you for the short guide to choosing.  I just spoke with John to order an ST-10 based of this post and the review in TAS.

Could you answer a couple of additional questions on this product?

1.  the specs mention a WiFi (optional receiver) module, yet i cannot see any part of the IDA-8 where this feature would be currently used.  Can you explain what the WiFi module would be used for?

2.  You mentioned in another thread an upcoming DAC-8 based of the DAC/pre section of this product, is that still in the works?  if so, are you able share any more information on it at this time?

Thanks.

John Casler

« Reply #46 on: 16 Jun 2015, 06:27 pm »
As it stands now, it appears the first IDA-8's will SHIP June 22, so PREORDERS (at Preorder pricing) will be taken by participating dealers until that date or first actual ship date.

Contact your dealer (or me) to get preorder pricing and details.

I am ordering mine tomorrow   :thumb:

Just a reminder, only 6 more days to take advantage of the PRE-ORDER special

rustydoglim

« Reply #47 on: 16 Jun 2015, 07:11 pm »
Rusty, thank you for the short guide to choosing.  I just spoke with John to order an ST-10 based of this post and the review in TAS.

Could you answer a couple of additional questions on this product?

1.  the specs mention a WiFi (optional receiver) module, yet i cannot see any part of the IDA-8 where this feature would be currently used.  Can you explain what the WiFi module would be used for?

2.  You mentioned in another thread an upcoming DAC-8 based of the DAC/pre section of this product, is that still in the works?  if so, are you able share any more information on it at this time?

Thanks.

1. There is a free (and very good) bluetooth aptX dongle in the IDA-8 package that plugs into a USB-like port (it is not USB) at the back, we call that the digital port. If we release a WiFi receiver, it will be able to plug into the same port.  Obviously you can use Airport Express or other WiFi receiver and connect to analog or optical input too.

2. DAC-8 schedule is being pushed out for HA-8.  HA-8 is very similar to the headphone amp section of DAC-10H with 4 inputs and XLR, 3.5mm and 6.2mm outputs.  With many digital players and DACs out there, the market need a very powerful and flexible headphone amp. 

Jason

agdev01

« Reply #48 on: 16 Jun 2015, 11:48 pm »
Thanks.

Sorry to see the DAC-8 is being pushed out but certainly see and understand your reason for doing so.

The potential DAC-8 seems very appealing to me from a feature/options/potential price standpoint and i prefer its design over the DAC-10.  Likewise i'm sure the DAC-10 is the superior product in regards to function.

I am trying to decide on a front end for the ST-10.  Given the possibility of waiting for the DAC-8 release or picking up a DAC-10 (no need for headphone amp) or maybe even an IDA-8 and using the line outputs  what would you recommend for this situation - ProAc Response D2s/Harbeth HL5 speakers, small room and of course the ST-10 amp? 

rustydoglim

« Reply #49 on: 17 Jun 2015, 05:50 pm »
Thanks.

Sorry to see the DAC-8 is being pushed out but certainly see and understand your reason for doing so.

The potential DAC-8 seems very appealing to me from a feature/options/potential price standpoint and i prefer its design over the DAC-10.  Likewise i'm sure the DAC-10 is the superior product in regards to function.

I am trying to decide on a front end for the ST-10.  Given the possibility of waiting for the DAC-8 release or picking up a DAC-10 (no need for headphone amp) or maybe even an IDA-8 and using the line outputs  what would you recommend for this situation - ProAc Response D2s/Harbeth HL5 speakers, small room and of course the ST-10 amp?

The delay is only a few months. You must have some sort of DAC or OPPO that you use now. Just hang in there for a few more months :)
There are more cool stuff coming. I will discuss with R&D and do some planning this week and get back to you guys.

John Casler

« Reply #50 on: 17 Jun 2015, 06:19 pm »
Thanks.

Hi agdev01,

When we talked, I didn't think of it,  :scratch: but if you can get by with USB connection only, a good "temporary" solution, would be the uDSD for you.

At $179, and 2v output it could drive the ST-10 (coming soon) and give you a reasonably priced solution.

Not in the same league as the DAC-10 or DAC-8, but still far better than ANYTHING in that price range, and inexpensive enough to use until the DAC-8 is available.  Then you could either keep it, or take 60% of the price paid credit toward the DAC-8 when it is available, as a trade back.

Problem, solved.   :thumb:

JackD

« Reply #51 on: 17 Jun 2015, 06:45 pm »
I'm biased because I am using one, but I would give in and buy the DAC-10.  Also I would not recommend using the pre-outs on the IDA-8 to drive the ST-10. Their 6v output level would give you little to no range with the volume control. They are intended to be primarily used with a Sub.

Olbi_One

« Reply #52 on: 17 Jun 2015, 08:03 pm »
Any news about the availability in Europe ? In France, one of the resellers told me by September.... Hope he's wrong :duh:

rustydoglim

« Reply #53 on: 17 Jun 2015, 09:43 pm »
IDA-8 will be shipping to distributors worldwide starting next Thursday or Friday.
USA customers would likely get their shipment first week of July. We are shipping to Indiana warehouse and then ship them out by FedEx ground.
Other countries would be getting their stocks around the same time too.

A few samples have been tested by distributors for a month already and we made some minor sound tuning for perfection and is going through final assembly and testing now.

If budget is not a concern, I still recommend DAC-10 to match ST-10 (to put it in perspective,mthe price difference between this and DAC-8 is like the price of five nice dinners for two but you get to enjoy it for many years).

agdev01

« Reply #54 on: 17 Jun 2015, 10:13 pm »
Jack - that is a very good point.  For some reason that not register when i was looking over it.

John - I'll send you an email here shortly.

mercury

« Reply #55 on: 24 Jun 2015, 11:55 pm »
Hi John,

Any update on when the IDA-8 is actually shipping to pre-ordering customers?

Thanks.

John Casler

« Reply #56 on: 25 Jun 2015, 04:24 am »
Hi John,

Any update on when the IDA-8 is actually shipping to pre-ordering customers?

Thanks.

The most "up-to-date" info I have is from the post above, from RustyDogLim.

IDA-8 will be shipping to distributors worldwide starting next Thursday or Friday.
USA customers would likely get their shipment first week of July. We are shipping to Indiana warehouse and then ship them out by FedEx ground.
Other countries would be getting their stocks around the same time too.

Also remember there is a Holiday on Sat, July 4th, which may delay slightly on Home Delivery Fedex shipments.

rustydoglim

« Reply #57 on: 25 Jun 2015, 07:22 am »
The amps are going to leave the factory in Taiwan either 24th or 25th, delayed for a few days due to dumpling festival in Taiwan that we didn't anticipate.

Silver color will be delayed for another 2 weeks (we decided to provide all silver case instead of silver front panel so the additional aluminum anodization work caused the delay).

rustydoglim

« Reply #58 on: 10 Jul 2015, 07:15 pm »
The pre-out gain is set to 3X as a standard configuration.  But if you want to set it to 1X or 2X, you have to custom order from the factory (which might take extra weeks of delay depending on whether there is new shipment to the distribution warehouse).

John Casler

Re: IDA-8 in the HOUSE!!!
« Reply #59 on: 10 Jul 2015, 11:15 pm »
My IDA-8 just arrived and I should be able to get it plugged in and set up tomorrow.   :thumb:

Looking at the tracking #'s for many of the Preorders I see them being delivered today or tomorrow.

If you get one and get it set up, SHARE your impressions.

WARNING!!!

ALL NuPRIME products come set at 230v, and for US use, the little switch on the BOTTOM, "must" be checked and set to 115v, or the unit will not play.

Can't wait to fire this thing up and see how it sounds.   :thumb:
« Last Edit: 11 Jul 2015, 07:19 pm by John Casler »