Netflix: What to watch?

persisting1

Re: Netflix: What to watch?
« Reply #220 on: 14 Sep 2016, 07:56 pm »
Just finished watching 'An Honorable Women' and think they could continue on.  Israeli/Palestinian intrigue with British Jewish firm attempting to build high speed communication and schools while MI-6, CIA, terrorist kidnappings and convoluted inter-twinning of different agenda's.  Bang up acting and good story development with plenty of suspense.  Sorry its over....for now.

I agree. Excellent show  :thumb:

WC

« Reply #221 on: 14 Sep 2016, 08:13 pm »
Local libraries are a good source for both old(er) movies as well audio CD's

Just picked up some CDs and Movies from the library today. Movies are relatively recent with some as Blurays. CD are usually ones that were released in the last 5 years, trends to popular music and country, but I find interesting blues and jazz albums I wouldn't search out elsewhere.

WC

« Reply #222 on: 14 Sep 2016, 08:14 pm »
Stranger Things was pretty good.

Currently on the Second season of Penny Dreadful.

EdRo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #223 on: 14 Sep 2016, 09:43 pm »
Did I mention the wife and I are enjoying Daredevil?  We're nearing the end of the first season. Will he EVER get his trademark red outfit?

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #224 on: 15 Sep 2016, 04:23 am »
Did I mention the wife and I are enjoying Daredevil?  We're nearing the end of the first season. Will he EVER get his trademark red outfit?

Do you really want to me to tell you? :wink: :lol:  Great show!  Season two is nearly as strong. :thumb:

stlrman

« Reply #225 on: 26 Oct 2016, 09:38 pm »
I'm very excited for season three of Black Mirror. Check out the first two seasons. They are fantastic !! :thumb:

YashN

« Reply #226 on: 27 Oct 2016, 01:13 am »

It's fantastic, despite a little slowdown in the initial episodes of S02. I can't say I find the law-firm related issues captivating, but after that, it not only picks up pace, but the story-line takes on another dimension!

YashN

« Reply #227 on: 27 Oct 2016, 01:14 am »
Stranger Things was pretty good.

Was good to binge, but also very derivative - it's really a mash-up of several other movies.

YashN

« Reply #228 on: 27 Oct 2016, 01:15 am »
Here are a couple of shows we've enjoyed especially for being immersed in another culture:

Narcos! (Colombia)

Terrace House (Japan)

Midnight Diner (Japan)

Bemopti123

« Reply #229 on: 27 Oct 2016, 02:13 am »
Luke Cage.

Folsom

« Reply #230 on: 27 Oct 2016, 02:58 am »
Luke Cage.

It's not bad, I watched it. Sure beats stupid crap like SHIELD and such.

undertowogt1

« Reply #231 on: 27 Oct 2016, 03:31 am »
I'm very excited for season three of Black Mirror. Check out the first two seasons. They are fantastic !! :thumb:

+ 1 for Black Mirror. It is an amazing show. I have only seen the first 2 seasons, but they are great.

YashN

« Reply #232 on: 27 Oct 2016, 05:15 am »
+ 1 for Black Mirror. It is an amazing show. I have only seen the first 2 seasons, but they are great.

They were excellent, really. Waiting for a cosy night so that we can watch S03, now that Netflix finances.

Poultrygeist

« Reply #233 on: 27 Oct 2016, 08:46 am »
+1 Luke Cage

chip

« Reply #234 on: 27 Oct 2016, 02:44 pm »
+1 Luke Cage

Enjoying it as well so far. Season 1 E11 right now.

Atlplasma

• Just off the boat
« Reply #235 on: 27 Oct 2016, 03:40 pm »
I'm enjoying some of Netflix's original programming and a number of the British police/mystery show imports. The motion picture listing are much more challenging.  Crouching Tiger Sword of Destiny was just okay. What else is worth watching?

stlrman

« Reply #236 on: 27 Oct 2016, 04:23 pm »
Hush (horror)
Short Term 11
Fruitfully Station
Night Crawler
Moonrise Kingdom
What happened Miss Simone
The Station Agent
Dear Zachary:A letter to a Son
Philomena
Beasts of No Nation

undertowogt1

« Reply #237 on: 3 Nov 2016, 02:20 am »

Just finish Black Mirror Season 3. WOW, great season, especially the last episode.

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #238 on: 3 Nov 2016, 04:27 am »
I'm trying to get into Luke Cage but I've stalled out right now around E4.  I loved the character on Jessica Jones but so far his own series is off to a slow start IMO.

Atlplasma

• Just off the boat
« Reply #239 on: 3 Nov 2016, 01:41 pm »
We just finished up the first two seasons (about 5 episodes each) of Hinterland, which is a detective series set in a not-so-charming section of Wales. There is a third season, but it is not on Netflix quite yet. Overall, Hinterland is worth checking out.