DEQX 2.6 power supply modifications

arildskov

DEQX 2.6 power supply modifications
« on: 31 May 2012, 05:51 pm »
I have been reading alot of different topics about DEQX modifications and i have done a few myself. I am bypassing the I/V filter right after the three balanced DACS(AD1853) with great improvement :P. Using three other types I/V filters that each is supplied by their own analogue power supply. STUNNING result!!! Many hours of work and using a microscope did it, this is certainly not an amateaurs job. But it was worth the process. I bought three used Zapfilters from LcAudio(on the used market) to try it out, first i did it with the midtone just to hear the difference and i cannot ever go back to the DEQX's own I/V filter.
Doing that made me going to the next step to replace the SMPS that supplies the DEQX with another analogue PS, but it makes me wonder if it is possible to split the Digital and Analogue PS somewhere if i wish to insert two individuel supllies to each section. My question is, does anyone have experience in changing the PS, splitting the sections and where to insert? My first step will be to just replace the whole PS and test that, but my curiosity is to big to let the idea go of having individuel Power supplies for each domain. Hope someone can inspire me.