Mike D.? Anybody?

rob755

Mike D.? Anybody?
« on: 29 Nov 2011, 10:22 pm »
Hi Folks, Here is a copy of a letter I just sent to Mike D. on the site with closeout items, and then ran across this and had forgotten this group site. Any help from anyone would be just great!...:Hi Mike, I built a pair of big towers from a kit I bought from you many years ago. I have forgotten the name of the project, but they were your biggest ones. Two 12" woofs stacked down low and MTM angular isolated pair of 5"? mids and a soft dome tweet in the middle. They look very much like  one showing in the old aci promo pic with many models on it. They were truly enjoyed for a number of years and have been idle for some time now. I just hooked them up to hear again and with the strong power amp I'm using they sound quite good. The bass is tremendous...forgotten how good...no subwoofer needed! I have used ESL's in recent years and with my age and some high frequency hearing loss, I do wish for more clarity and good natured "sizzle" up top. I am curious if you have any recommendation of how I could attain this? I keep thinking ribbon tweeter?? or something, but am no engineer and don't even have any of the original info (crossover points etc...) I would be Very appreciative of any thoughts you could share about this. If you have any of the original paperwork that could easily be forwarded that would be wonderful...They are not in front of me right now, but they are probably about 5' tall and maybe 15" +or- wide. Thanks very much! Kind Regards, Rob Hamilton

Rob Hamilton

Re: Mike D.? Anybody?
« Reply #1 on: 30 Nov 2011, 12:44 am »
Make that two 10" woofers per cabinet and cab oaw 13" Know what model these are?? Thanks.

Mike Dzurko

« Reply #2 on: 1 Dec 2011, 12:56 am »
Hi Rob,

You have a pair of Alphas. I'll check and see if I have the manual on one of my computers.

rob755

« Reply #3 on: 1 Dec 2011, 03:57 am »
Thanks a lot Mike. I sure appreciate it!  Rob

Mike Dzurko

« Reply #4 on: 4 Dec 2011, 07:21 pm »
Rob:

I checked my computers and the archived "hard copy" files I have in storage. Sorry,but no Alpha manual in either place.

Any Alpha owner out there with a manual they could scan and send to Rob?

rob755

« Reply #5 on: 6 Dec 2011, 03:22 am »
Hi Mike, Thanks very much for trying. Have you ever heard of anyone (or you?) trying any higher end upgraded mids and tweets that might markedly improve the performance? Promise I won't keep asking you things, just trying to make some decisions. Kind Regards, Rob