Another road trip

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
Another road trip
« on: 16 May 2017, 10:51 am »
Beware, WA State audiophools!

It's happening again. ACers Aldcoll and Mr. Esseguie are at it again. In just a few moments the two of us will climb aboard my Tacoma and head out for Ferndale, WA - home of a special speaker manufacturer. Hmm. Who could it be?

Yes, it is nearly four o'clock in the morning. Gotta slip past most of Seattle without running into its morning rush hour.  :duh:

Who'd believe such madness 'just' to listen to a new pair of speakers. Udder madness!  :icon_twisted:

:slap: :bounce: :banghead: :sleep: :cuss: :stupid:

JakeJ

Re: Another road trip
« Reply #1 on: 16 May 2017, 12:16 pm »
That's awesome!  Hope you guys have a good time and wish I were going with you.  Oh well, somebody's got to work.

aldcoll

• Champagne Taste on a Water Budget
« Reply #2 on: 16 May 2017, 12:56 pm »
Just coming into Tacoma traffic, heavy rain and traffic.   No music in the truck so we can keep a clear mind.

Alan/co pilot and D J :thumb:

Wayne1

« Reply #3 on: 16 May 2017, 01:07 pm »
Give Lou's little puppy a couple pats on the head for me.

Please go into great and boring detail on all the new mods and drivers Lou has come up with.

Above all, enjoy the sound and cabinetry made by a true craftsman  :thumb:

aldcoll

« Reply #4 on: 16 May 2017, 01:44 pm »
There will be some extensive posts and pictures.

Alan

aldcoll

« Reply #5 on: 16 May 2017, 01:55 pm »

Everybody wants to go to Lou's
Alan

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #6 on: 16 May 2017, 04:27 pm »
Dudes, you should be flying along in the HOV lane (aka the shoulder  :lol:), unless of course there is a breakdown/accident. And don't let Wayne1 fool you about Nico, ain't nothing little about him. Have a safe trip, I'm sure you'll enjoy the visit. Let us know what you've ordered when you leave.  :thumb:

vinyl_lady

« Reply #7 on: 16 May 2017, 04:37 pm »
I'm glad the rain waited until after the Mumford and sons and U2 concert was over.

Can't wait to hear your impressions. If you have time, continue your road trip to the east side and I'll BBQ some ribs, open a bottle of wine and fire up the turntable. :thumb:

aldcoll

« Reply #8 on: 16 May 2017, 04:41 pm »
Have fun ..... tell Lou I look forward to seeing him in the future....
Susan

aldcoll

« Reply #9 on: 17 May 2017, 12:20 am »
What a day.  Details in the morning  with a full  keyboard.

Ya baby

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #10 on: 17 May 2017, 01:45 am »

Ya baby

Sweet.  :thumb:

mca

« Reply #11 on: 17 May 2017, 02:21 am »
Looking forward to your thoughts, that's the exact spot where I fell in love with my Ulysses speakers

Daedalus Audio

• Facilitator
    • http://www.daedalusaudio.com
« Reply #12 on: 17 May 2017, 03:20 am »

Ya baby

who let that gnome near the speakers?????

gregfisk

• Restricted
  • Us alone in the universe? sure is a waste of SPACE
« Reply #13 on: 17 May 2017, 03:26 am »
Finally catching up, one week out of back surgery and getting around much better. Will have to live the good life through the two of you for now.

Have a great time and hopefully we can catch up next time you come on up.

Keep us posted, drive safe and try to stay dry.

Greg

mresseguie

« Reply #14 on: 17 May 2017, 03:42 am »
Speaker heaven!

If my photos will ever load into my computer, I'll actually post a couple of them. Stay tuned!

« Last Edit: 18 May 2017, 07:11 am by mresseguie »

aldcoll

« Reply #15 on: 18 May 2017, 03:23 am »
Are some sleep and rubbing the kinks out mowing the yard I will add some of my thoughts for the day.

First of all I don't own the word smith powers that allow some to wax poetical about all things audio.

So with some single syllable words let me say WOOW :thumb: :thumb:

But let me also state as a Daedalus owner of a pair of Pan speakers I had a feeling of what I was in for.   My co-conspirator for the days is the one currently looking for his forever speaker.

As many of you know it is always a delight to just get to spend time with Lou and now ad Niko (he pronounced it Woof) the new shop doc and best friend.

We spent about five hours in the "Magic Kingdom"with a guided tour of the building process and stuffing of the goodies.

We did get to see and talk crossovers and I DID NOT TAKE ANY PICTURES in fear of loosing my life. 

We audition the Apollo, Poseidon and Muse.  We used the Muse as we had both heard my Pans and here are it's BIG brothers.

With my Limited vocabulary here are some short thoughts.

Apollo:  Love the magic of the new 10 inch woofer.  While I would never call it a point source it felt focused and yet wider.

Poseidon:  I really likes the way it produced a large and seemingly taller sound stage.  It does have the offset tweeter but it also felt very natural.

I must point out that we had them next to each other for quick swapping of cables for the A/B testing so both speakers were affected.

What a great day, Left the house at 3:30 am and got home at 10:15 p.m. and willing to do it again.

Here are some Pics.

Alan

JakeJ

« Reply #16 on: 18 May 2017, 12:39 pm »
Thanks for posting the photos, gents.  Man, Lou builds some beautiful cabinets!  I know they sound as good as they look too.  Next time you guys take a road trip to Ferndale give us NW audiophiles some lead time (at least two weeks) and maybe we can join in the fun.

aldcoll

« Reply #17 on: 18 May 2017, 03:19 pm »
Thanks for posting the photos, gents.  Man, Lou builds some beautiful cabinets!  I know they sound as good as they look too.  Next time you guys take a road trip to Ferndale give us NW audiophiles some lead time (at least two weeks) and maybe we can join in the fun.

We should go bowling or something since Greg is Looking for something to do :thumb:

Finally catching up, one week out of back surgery and getting around much better.
Greg

I can only guess that a lot of folks are wanting me to rattle on about what we heard and my impressions, well you talk to my wife and she will assure you that I have trouble communicating.

I will leave it with I was blown away.  Clarity and uncolored life like reproduction.  Rock On Lou

mresseguie

« Reply #18 on: 18 May 2017, 06:26 pm »
Sorry for my seeming silence. I'm back to being too busy - plus my wife has returned from her week away and won't stop asking questions and offering ideas and distracting me and wants me to.....and....and...

Suffice to say...I've narrowed my search for 'dream' speakers to two choices. One of those choices is pictured above.  :thumb:

When I have more time, I'll offer up some thoughts (if my memory survives). Super thanks to Lou for taking the time to spend with us and for explaining so many things.

Michael

gregfisk

• Restricted
  • Us alone in the universe? sure is a waste of SPACE
« Reply #19 on: 19 May 2017, 06:43 pm »

We should go bowling or something since Greg is Looking for something to do :thumb:

I can only guess that a lot of folks are wanting me to rattle on about what we heard and my impressions, well you talk to my wife and she will assure you that I have trouble communicating.

I will leave it with I was blown away.  Clarity and uncolored life like reproduction.  Rock On Lou

Very funny Allen, the funny thing is I practically grew up in a bowling alley. If I would have stuck with bowling instead of down hill skiing and slalom skate boarding I probably wouldn't need back surgery.

Sounds like you guys had a good time, one of these days I'll get to listen to MCA's speakers that Lou built and see what all the fuss is about.