SOLD! FS B&W 803 Nautilus

SounderMN

SOLD! FS B&W 803 Nautilus
« on: 15 Mar 2018, 01:50 pm »
I am selling my beloved Bowers and Wilkins 803 Nautilus. If you are reading this, you probably know what the B & W 803N speakers are all about. These are excellent speakers, and they are in mint condition. I've inspected them carefully and found only one blemish, and it's a slight indent on the back.  It doesn't show on a photo, and is really difficult to find. There could be marks on the bottom, I don't know because I haven't turned them upside down. Otherwise, mint.

Specs here: http://bwgroupsupport.com/downloads/specsheets/bw/N803%20InfoSheet.pdf
Review: https://www.audioasylum.com/reviews/Speakers/B-W/Nautilus-803/speakers/147788.html

I am the second owner, and have had them for about five years. They are in a non smoking, no pet household. I truly enjoy these speakers, and I'm only parting with them because I've changed to a different set of speakers. The first owner also had no pets and was a non smoker, and he rarely used them. I use them in my two channel setup and they are spectacular. In my house, they have been used 5 to 10 hours per week, paired with a Primaluna HP integrated amplifier. They have never had a single issue or problem, never been driven too hard, and have been well taken care of. The black ash finish is as new. Also, these have sequential serial numbers, which means they were produced as a matched pair.

If you are local, you can audition them in my home to see that they are truly wonderful, and work as advertised. You won't be disappointed. The sale includes the original boxes, jumpers, manual, all packaging, manuals, and I think I even have the original spikes (I used upgraded spikes due to deep-pile carpeting). They are heavy and fairly large, so be prepared. If necessary, I can help with delivery within a reasonable distance.

I can assure you that you won't find a set in better condition than these. And you probably know that B&W speakers are excellent at holding value, especially those in the upper level 800 range, so you have value for the long run. I will consider serious offers. I prefer a local buyer, but have the original packing so will ship.

Asking $2800 and for AC buyer I will cover PayPal fees.  Shipping at actual cost.  If you are interested, I can send more pics... and they won't be sideways! 

« Last Edit: 30 Mar 2018, 03:59 pm by SounderMN »

srb

Re: FS B&W 803 Nautilus
« Reply #1 on: 15 Mar 2018, 02:56 pm »
Asking $3300.

I see they are also listed on Audiogon ..... for $3200.  AudioCircle members have to pay more?

Wind Chaser

« Reply #2 on: 16 Mar 2018, 07:40 pm »

SounderMN

« Reply #3 on: 19 Mar 2018, 03:17 pm »
Sorry, my mistake on the price, and no I didn't check the post over the weekend.  I had reduced the price on AG, and now reduced here.  And, since there's no fee for selling here, I'll cover PayPal fees.  If you're interested, make an offer! 
« Last Edit: 21 Mar 2018, 03:42 pm by SounderMN »

SounderMN

« Reply #4 on: 19 Mar 2018, 03:19 pm »
Thank you, @windchaser for turning the pics for me!

SounderMN

Re: Price Drop! FS B&W 803 Nautilus
« Reply #5 on: 26 Mar 2018, 01:08 pm »
Price reduction!  $2800.