Classe Omega Monoblocks

Peter_S

Classe Omega Monoblocks
« on: 10 Dec 2016, 08:50 pm »
Many amps have been in my system (VTL, Music Reference, CAT), and the Classe Omegas have been keepers over the years. They offer an amazing balance of guts, resolution, delicacy, neutrality along with the convenience of solid state. These amps are in very good condition and sound great. Have paired extremely well with my (prior) Maggie 20.1's and my (current) Avalon Eidelon Diamonds. Stock power cords are Cardas Golden (8-ft). They are powerhouses and quite heavy, and ship in dedicated flight cases. Best to ship freight. I will work with the buyer to find the best shipping arrangements (in my experience, freight, dock to dock).

Rating 8/10 for age and one tiny nick (inconsequential given the sheer area of metal casing, not on front face, need to look quite close to see). Feel free to email me with any questions. Buyer pays shipping and paypal (if used). Open to local sale and I will drive them within 3 hours of Seattle. Amps are guaranteed as described. More photos available on request.

From the Stereophile Review (google for entirety):

SPECS:
Solid-state monoblock power amplifier with unbalanced (RCA) and balanced (XLR) inputs and two pairs of 4mm output binding posts. Rated output power: 500W into 8 ohms, 1000W into 4 ohms, 2000W into 2 ohms, 4000W into 1 ohm (all 27.0dBW). Sensitivity: 2.25V for rated output, balanced or unbalanced. Voltage gain: 29.0dB. Input impedance: 100k ohms. Output impedance: 0.017 ohm. Frequency response: 20Hz-2kHz, ±0.1dB. THD+noise: 0.002%. S/N Ratio: 135dB ref. rated output

REVIEW SUMMARY:
The Classé Omega monoblock is an extraordinary amplifier—extraordinary in its appearance, its engineering and construction, and, most of all, in its sonic performance. But despite its over-the-top power and energy reserves, it is in the handling of details that the Omega is most impressive. However, in spite of the apparent incongruity, I think that it is precisely because of the Omega's prodigious power, and its ability to precisely control a speaker's motion, that it could do such an incredible job with the subtleties. Prior to the Omegas' arrival, my system's tiniest details had been lost in the slight blurring that arose from the speakers not quite keeping up, or in the faint overhang and back EMF resulting from the drivers' momentum overmatching the amplifier.

The Classé Omega is not only the best power amplifier I've ever auditioned, but in many ways it exceeded my ability to evaluate it—I found myself instead evaluating associated components, setup details, the system's response to changes in the weather, even characteristics of a recording itself. The Omega simply got out of the way, providing a clear conduit, a straight wire with gain—a lot of gain—between my system's front-end and loudspeakers. And because of its ability to absolutely control a loudspeaker, a finer level of detail was able to pass through this conduit than through most other amplifiers. The result, for me, was a level of system performance and musical involvement beyond my previous experience.

Peter_S

Re: Classe Omega Monoblocks
« Reply #1 on: 10 Dec 2016, 08:51 pm »
Whoops - price?  List was $25,000 in 2003, I'm asking $9500.

jmdesignz2

« Reply #2 on: 12 Dec 2016, 10:42 pm »
Where are you located?

jmdesignz2

« Reply #3 on: 12 Dec 2016, 10:42 pm »
tagged

Peter_S

« Reply #4 on: 13 Dec 2016, 05:08 am »
I am near Seattle.

jmdesignz2

« Reply #5 on: 14 Dec 2016, 04:12 am »
That's unfortunate - I am in FL

Peter_S

« Reply #6 on: 28 Dec 2016, 06:19 am »
 Price dropped to $9000. Great amplifiers…