Are you still impressed?

Stu Pitt

Re: Are you still impressed?
« Reply #80 on: 5 Aug 2011, 03:32 am »
So needless to say, I'm still quite impressed.  What's also impressive is how the B60 (and the rest of Bryston gear) impresses without trying to impress.

It's the beautiful woman who mesmerizes you without calling any attention to herself.  My wife also had this effect on me when we first met, and still has this effect on me.  The more I look and listen, the deeper I fall in love with her.   

1oldguy

« Reply #81 on: 5 Aug 2011, 03:34 am »
Your killing Me...Both You and Laundrew....I shall never be the same. :thumb:

Laundrew

• "Sometimes it rains inside my head..."
« Reply #82 on: 5 Aug 2011, 12:28 pm »
^^^^^

He builds blood sucking robots....

I will have you know that Phineus has never been caught sucking blood - yet.

:P

Be well... :wink:

tim92gts

« Reply #83 on: 9 Aug 2011, 09:08 am »
Still very impressed, i can clearly remember the sound when i did the first connection check.
Very low volume but much better than the previous NAD power amps.

Had a bit of Skunk Anansie on night before last and the control of the percussion and bass is amazing.

Didn't read all the thread but shouldn't the MC 452s mentioned earlier have been auditioned against
7Bs as a fairer comparison?

Gibalok

• Metrum Pavane/Manley Shrimp/4BSST2/Penaudio Cenya
« Reply #84 on: 2 Feb 2017, 06:02 am »
Refersh the topic.
I remember my "wow" when i just brought 4bsst2 and bp26 from my local dealer against any budget 2-3k$ integrated i owned before. Huge dynamic, very fast, deep snap, emotional. But with the time becoming a more sophisticated audiophile (means more experience and understanding what im willing to have from my system) my listening preferences changed. I was willing to have more lush and fullness in midrange so i changed the preamp to tube one. A bit later i changed PMC22 to more sweet and melodic IMHO Penaudio Cenya Signature. Now im looking at changing my 4bsst2.
I dont have any exact claims to the Bryston. Its a gear for life. Solid build, reliable, good mature sound exceeding many $xxxx brands but not for everybodys ears.
« Last Edit: 2 Feb 2017, 01:37 pm by Gibalok »

PierreB

« Reply #85 on: 2 Feb 2017, 02:07 pm »
I have the combo BP25 and 2B SST for 12 years now. Since I don't have unlimited budget, I progress slowly. Change IC, speaker, speaker cables. Each time my Bryston combo sound better and better. Now I tweak my room for better acoustic. Know what, my Bryston never sound so good.
So yes I'm still very impressed with my "old little combo".

assafl

« Reply #86 on: 5 Feb 2017, 02:21 pm »
Interesting question which (to me) has a philosophical side.

No - I am not surprised - at all. If I listen to a symphony or to a TV I expect a dark background (so dark that to know if the system is powered one has to look at the LEDs) and stellar dynamic range and so forth. I don't think the system is taking a part in music and speech. Only the musicians, or actors and the recording technicians - and me on the sofa. The sole reason the system has been in place for >10 years is that I am not surprised - at all.

Where I am a bit surprised (actually displeased) is most elsewhere - though. And what really is most disappointing - is when clarity and intelligibility of human speech or singing is made harder by compression and noise. As an example, I can make out most English dialects (even strange UK ones) on the system even with music or soundtrack background sounds - some of which I can't in many other presentations.

Gibalok

• Metrum Pavane/Manley Shrimp/4BSST2/Penaudio Cenya
« Reply #87 on: 12 Feb 2017, 06:51 pm »
I need to bring my apologise.. i have my manly shrimp preamp broken.. i bring the good one from my friend and i was blown away with my 4bsst2 and penaudio cenya signature..
bryston is a workhorse and ultimate choise!