Essence Electrostatic Speaker System....A Bold Statement !..

Crossoverless

• Restricted
 I found this on their facebook page...A Bold Statement! Their "$3500 system" can't be outperformed by any other system on the planet :roll:...at any price!! :scratch: :scratch:

http://www.essenceelectrostatic.com/the-frugal-audiophile/

Phil A

Re: Essence Electrostatic Speaker System....A Bold Statement !..
« Reply #1 on: 21 Sep 2015, 04:57 pm »
Anyone - can make a statement.  If you read here - http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=134506.60  as far as I know, they still don't have a pair of anything to demo (unless it is recent and they have not let the local person I know that it is available).  I was really disappointed and ready to make a road trip a couple of months back.  Not a big priority at this point until they demonstrate they are more serious (vs. just making statements).

Crossoverless

• Restricted
« Reply #2 on: 21 Sep 2015, 09:20 pm »
Anyone - can make a statement.  If you read here - http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=134506.60  as far as I know, they still don't have a pair of anything to demo (unless it is recent and they have not let the local person I know that it is available).  I was really disappointed and ready to make a road trip a couple of months back.  Not a big priority at this point until they demonstrate they are more serious (vs. just making statements).

Phil, I can't believe that they don't keep demo speakers there to listen to!..

Unless.. they can't keep up with the demand  !!  :green:

SteveFord

• Facilitator
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.
« Reply #3 on: 21 Sep 2015, 09:49 pm »
"Without sacrificing performance, you can own a state of the art 2 channel audio system for less than $3500 that can’t be outperformed by any other system on the planet at any price. Take it from me..."
  Bob Rapoport, sales director for Essence Electrostatic Speakers

Phil A

« Reply #4 on: 21 Sep 2015, 09:51 pm »
I'll probably touch base soon with the person who contacted them (and as noted in the other thread is a potential customer).  Two months is long time not to have speakers to demo.  One has to wonder if there was a potential issue how they would handle service.  I believe in the other thread (or one thread somewhere on AC) there was a mention of one for sale by a private party with a listed problem (I think a buzz from memory).  One would wonder whether the seller tried to get service or not.  In what I'd call my second audio system (I have multiple audio and video systems), I originally was going to get a pair of MMGs for this room based on the plans of the house while it was going up in late 2012 and early 2013.  However the room is not rectangular and after measuring the room while it was being built (see pic below) and getting furniture a pair of Ohm Microwalsh Talls became available locally.  It was a bit sooner than I planned to buy (I picked them up when I closed on the house in April 2013 but did not move in until the end of 2013 and had an arrangement with the builder where they had the right to show it from time to time so I just stuck the Ohms in a closet), but they worked out well for the room.  So I was interested in hearing them and the distributor is about 2.5 hours away.  The person I was going to go with is semi-retired and may have an occasional meeting about an hour from the distributor.  So I'll be touching base at some point to see if a demo is available.

Crossoverless

• Restricted
They just came out with a all new Electrostatic speaker that will go down into the 20's Hz! and in the $2K range ! :P

http://www.essenceelectrostatic.com/product/model-1200/

Here's a picture of these all new Audiostatic Electrostatic speakers

http://www.essenceelectrostatic.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/audiostatic-new-model.jpg
« Last Edit: 8 Oct 2015, 05:06 pm by Crossoverless »

Crossoverless

• Restricted
Here's more info on these all new! Audiostatic speakers

http://www.audiostatic.com

Hank

• http://www.geocities.com/hankbond1/index
The first two "pictures" in your first post from yesterday are drawings and their aspect ratio does not reflect the stated dimensions - they look half as wide as they are tall :scratch:
The Essence-Audio electrostatic page indicates no AC power required and $2,000 retail, INCLUDING SHIPPING.  The Audiostatic page states:  "Export price: € 2990,- per pair ex works", which today is $3,365. Add shipping ($300 - $500?) and you're close to $4 grand.  :scratch:
Seems like two different speakers.
Anyway, I'd like to see and hear them.

Crossoverless

• Restricted
The first two "pictures" in your first post from yesterday are drawings and their aspect ratio does not reflect the stated dimensions - they look half as wide as they are tall :scratch:
The Essence-Audio electrostatic page indicates no AC power required and $2,000 retail, INCLUDING SHIPPING.  The Audiostatic page states:  "Export price: € 2990,- per pair ex works", which today is $3,365. Add shipping ($300 - $500?) and you're close to $4 grand.  :scratch:
Seems like two different speakers.
Anyway, I'd like to see and hear them.

Hank, they do look like different :roll: speakers :scratch:

SteveFord

• Facilitator
It looks like anyone with the old ones they were bringing over is on their own.  Hope nobody here bought the buzzy pair.
I guess that explains the no demo models available.
Where's our Ace Cub Reporter Man On The Scene type? 

Phil A

« Reply #10 on: 8 Oct 2015, 06:11 pm »
I guess you're talking about me :green:  At my age it is more of an aged reporter vs. cub. :green:

I imagine at the October (whenever it is later this month) Space Coast Audio Society meeting, I'll touch base with the person who contacted them to see if he had any follow-up from Essence since his contact a few months ago when they told him they would send him an email when they came back in.

SteveFord

• Facilitator
« Reply #11 on: 8 Oct 2015, 11:34 pm »
I believe that the word you're searching for is "experienced".
Perhaps you can get to the bottom of this drastic switch in speaker suppliers.  What's the deal?
I'd go myself but the local quacks are happily using me for medical experiments at the moment with no end in sight. 

Phil A

« Reply #12 on: 9 Oct 2015, 12:04 am »
I believe that the word you're searching for is "experienced".
Perhaps you can get to the bottom of this drastic switch in speaker suppliers.  What's the deal?
I'd go myself but the local quacks are happily using me for medical experiments at the moment with no end in sight.

Our Space Coast Audio Society meeting is the 22nd and I'll touch base with the period who was told that Essence would contact him when they had a demo pair back in 3 months back sometime next week.  He may still have an occasional business meeting (he's semi-retired) in Tampa (which is not far from Essence) so I'll see if that is in the works at some point.

Steve, as I say to my MD almost every visit - just tell me what the warranty is up on today :duh:

SteveFord

• Facilitator
« Reply #13 on: 9 Oct 2015, 12:48 am »
Okay, good deal.
I'm thinking full body transplant - just jack me up and replace everything all at once.

Crossoverless

• Restricted
« Reply #14 on: 22 Oct 2015, 01:59 am »
They will not have these new Audiostatic speakers in stock until December 2015...

http://www.essenceelectrostatic.com/new-audiostatic-electrostats-need-no-ac-power/

Crossoverless

• Restricted
« Reply #15 on: 23 Oct 2015, 08:42 pm »
Ben Peters newest design is based off of his former Audiostatic ES-500....more info in this thread below.

http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?cspkr&1374183292

Phil A

« Reply #16 on: 23 Oct 2015, 08:48 pm »
I spoke to the guy (yesterday) who contacted them about a demo at the end of July (3 months ago).  He has not heard a thing.  Not really encouraging from a business where you express interest about a potential sale and no one has the courtesy to call you back for 3 months. 

Crossoverless

• Restricted
« Reply #17 on: 23 Oct 2015, 10:02 pm »
I spoke to the guy (yesterday) who contacted them about a demo at the end of July (3 months ago).  He has not heard a thing.  Not really encouraging from a business where you express interest about a potential sale and no one has the courtesy to call you back for 3 months.

Maybe Essence will contact your friend when they get these all new Audiostatic speakers in "Stock" sometime in December 2015  :scratch:

SteveFord

• Facilitator
« Reply #18 on: 23 Oct 2015, 10:41 pm »
Start ups are difficult, I guess we'll just have to be patient and see how it works out.

Phil A

« Reply #19 on: 24 Oct 2015, 01:10 am »
Maybe Essence will contact your friend when they get these all new Audiostatic speakers in "Stock" sometime in December 2015  :scratch:

One would think if you have a good business model and are looking at making sales a contact would have been made by now to let him know they are coming (or perhaps there is another model in the line available sooner).  I don't know too many competent sales people who wouldn't let an interested customer know that speakers are on the way (it is noted here already).  Customers may change their mind or buy something else of course.  We had a get together of the Space Coast Audio Society at the location of a home dealer who indicated he is letting a demo pair of speakers go out the door at a silly low price.  The person did note he likes the speakers.  I'm not saying he would buy (or any speakers) them but they are an unbelievable deal.  It wouldn't shock me if he told me in a couple of weeks he bought them.  One wonders if this is how they let potential customers hang, what they would do if there was a problem.  Just my opinion (and I realize others may have a different one).