SOLD: Marchand Electronics XM9 (XM9L-3AA) 3-Way Active Crossover Network

pstrisik

• Holding pattern in Audio Nirvana in the PNW!

*****SOLD******

Marchand Electronics 3-Way Active Crossover Network

(Sorry for the category.  There really isn't one for crossovers that I can see.)

$699 plus actual insured shipping cost and paypal fee if used.  I will also take paypal "gift" with no fee or USPS Money Order with no fee or delay in shipping if the post office cashes it on presentation (they should).  I also have good feedback on ebay - 309 transactions / 100% since 2000 (zekeblue).  Reasonable offers considered.  Original cost as equipped was $840 plus shipping.

Shipping dimensions:  21" x 18" x 7", 15 lbs.  Ships from 99509.

Original owner.  As new.  Received from Marchand directly in July 2015.  You can benefit from my indecision and impulsiveness!  I have both this XM-9 three way and XM-66 two way.  I am keeping the latter and have to let this go.  Phil Marchand makes great stuff.  If you are interested in one of his crossovers, here is a chance to get one virtually new at a discount (like an open box at Best Buy).

Sits in line between preamp and amplifiers or between source/DAC and amp.  Excellent quality of components (and handsome, too!).  Exceptional distortion and signal to noise specs. Here is the link to the Marchand product page: http://marchandelec.com/xm9.html.  You can also read the manual at his site.  It can be used as a two way or three way.  Or as two way for two way speaker plus integration of sub(s).

Crossover is 4th order or 24db roll off per octave.  This is the preferred Linkwitz-Riley configuration that keeps perfect phase between drivers and flat response at crossover points.  Zero gain/loss at center attenuator position.  -5 to +5 db range for balancing gain between amplifiers.  Subwoofer summing switch if using a single sub.  Damping control of +/- 5db at crossover points.  120 / 240 volt switch.

I have a number of the resistor modules for changing the crossover points.  Additional modules for different frequencies are available from Marchand for $9.00.  Low modules for 80, 100, 150, 200Hz.  High modules for 16, 18, 20kHz (I was working with super-tweeters).

SPECIFICATIONS     

•     Frequency response: DC to 100 Khz, +/- 0.2 dB
  •     Crossover frequency: 10 Hz - 20 KHz
  •     Insertion gain: 6 dB with level controls at maximum.
  •     0 dB with level controls in the center.
  •     Filter slope: 24 dB/Octave
  •     Harmonic distortion at 1 KHz: Less than 0.01%
  •     Signal-to-noise ratio: Better than 110 dB
  •     Input impedance: 25 K
  •     Output load capability: 2 K min.
  •     Output impedance: 50 Ohms typical
  •     Maximum input voltage: 10 V peak-peak (4 V RMS)
  •     Power supply requirement: 110VAC/ 220VAC, 0.3A (approx)

« Last Edit: 21 Sep 2015, 11:06 pm by pstrisik »

pstrisik

WireNut

My system has always been bi-amped since the 80's. I had to sell everything off to make my house payment due to job layoff. I'm back to work building up my saving to start my system over. If I had the money already your crossover would be gone. Mabe we could work out a payment plan of $200.00 a week. Check my audiogon feedback under sjcinci and my long standing statics here on audiocircle. Maybe we could make a payment plan.

Can this be used as just a 2-way. I have a four box system. The base cabinets I would like to cross over at 125-150hz. The main cabinets I would like to run the rest of the audio sectum form say a 100hz on up thru 20khz. Will your 3 way unit allow this in a 2 way system?

My goal is to have the lower signals at around 150hz on down to go to my bass speakers and everything else go to my main speakers in a 4 box bi-amped 2-way system. The top cabinets have they're own passive crossover networks.

Thank, Steve

pstrisik

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the reply.  You could use this as a 2 way.  You would input from your preamp or source as usual.  The only difference would be to output from only the low and center outputs leaving the high output empty. 

I am including the modules for 80, 100, 150, or 200 Hz for the low end, so you that should do you fine.  The hi end modules are there in case you want to add a super-tweeter later.  You can also get modules from Marchand for any other frequencies you want.  For example, 2 or 3 or 4kHz for separating out a two way speaker for bi-amping while still using the low output for your woofer boxes.  He charges $18 for a stereo pair of frequency modules.  Lots of flexibility.

I will message you about a possible sale.

.......Peter

WireNut

I would be more comfortable if this was a two way unit. I need to do more research.
If it was A TWO WAY UNIT IT WOULD BE GONE. Im after a two way unit that send 100-150 hz to low low drivers and the rest to the high MTM cabinets.

pstrisik

Absolutely.  Research and let me know if you are still interested.

.......Peter

pstrisik

Still Available.

pstrisik

Incentive:  At asking price, or very close to it:  tell me what two crossover points you require and I will arrange for you to have them myself.

« Last Edit: 16 Sep 2015, 06:43 pm by pstrisik »

WireNut

If I had the cash I would take you up on it. I just purchased a Threshold T50 amp for my top MTM's. Need to get my bottom amp repaired. Need more time.

pstrisik

If I had the cash I would take you up on it. I just purchased a Threshold T50 amp for my top MTM's. Need to get my bottom amp repaired. Need more time.

Well, it's not the type of equipment that typically sells quickly, so you never know.......

pstrisik