NFL Football '16-17

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
Re: NFL Football '16-17
« Reply #360 on: 6 Feb 2017, 04:08 am »
First Seattle has  a SB won, only has to give the ball to the best short distance back in the game... and they throw the pick.  Then the Falcons can't run and kick a sure FG to win.  Someone  :icon_twisted: has a contract with Belichick signed in blood at the stroke of midnight. 

JakeJ

« Reply #361 on: 6 Feb 2017, 04:10 am »
Jesus H Khrist! How the hell do you throw away a 25 point lead in the Super Bowl?!?

richidoo

« Reply #362 on: 6 Feb 2017, 05:18 am »
Jesus H Khrist! How the hell do you throw away a 25 point lead in the Super Bowl?!?

You play the Patriots!   :thumb:

Falcons played great and deserved to win up until 4th quarter when they simply got tired, slowed down, couldn't pressure Brady anymore. That's all Pats needed was a little breathing room. Wow.

Brady passing yards superbowl record? I think they said he was 2nd place with 410yds BEFORE the last drive.

Loved Kraft's speech, see his pink tie? OMG what a riot! Pence and Baker in his box! Goodell's boos! I loved that as much as the win.

Really loved Lady Gaga!!

Great show all around. Unless you're a ATL fan. Sorry guys...   But you can never call a Boston team lucky. ;)

mcgsxr

« Reply #363 on: 6 Feb 2017, 12:07 pm »
Not often one should consider a 2nd down field goal but boy would that have been the call.

Agree the calamity reminded me of the Seahawks pass call.

Great game to watch.  Sad for AT.  Great day for or Boston and the Pats. 

Amazing spectacle.   

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #364 on: 6 Feb 2017, 12:12 pm »
It's pretty typical for the Patriots to regroup at half time and change the entire course of the game on the back nine. Atlanta won the first half 28-3 but got shellacked 31-0 in the second half. Never count Brady out until the final whistle.

In this modern era of salary caps, selfish prima donna players, coaching carousels, clueless owners and meddlesome commissioners, you will never see the B&B feats repeated. And do you see any indication that this machine is slowing down? They completely shut down the highest flying offense since their own Randy Moss days in the second half after letting two of their best defensive players walk.

Is it true that thePatriots messed with ball inflation at half time? I mean, how else do you explain their success? Maybe they filmed the Falcon practices. Or maybe this game went about the same way as the stupid Deflategate game --- except that the Patriots came from way behind this time. Tom Brady has started 7 Super Bowls and has won 5 of them. The other two were close contests won by the N.Y. Giants because of very lucky Eli Manning pass completions. I submit that Brady is head and shoulders better than any other NFL QB, past or present. You have to give him his due no matter what kind of scandal the league or the media choose to gin up against him and his team. The Patriots are amazingly adaptable to playing conditions and imposed circumstances year in year out, despite perpetual lineup changes and the winds of popular opinion. I cannot imagine that small fluctuations in ball inflation could help or hurt them significantly. And, if the "problem" was so damn significant, why didn't the refs notice it in the first half? After all, they handle the ball between plays on every down.

I'm celebrating the most significant dynasty in American sports history. Join me.

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #365 on: 6 Feb 2017, 12:18 pm »
The NFL looks more and more like professional wrestling (staged), I mean how can ATL be so stupid?  Two 2 point conversions in the 4th quarter (what's the odds)?  And how can so much drama get packed into the last 18 minutes?  I really didn't care who won. 

But Lady Gaga was great (can't name even one of her songs).  Tons of energy, great display of talent.  Recall the last time the game was played in Houston was the Janet Jackson incident. 

Commercials were a let down.  My favorite was the Yellow Tail spot.

kevin360

• án sǫngr ek svelta
« Reply #366 on: 6 Feb 2017, 01:05 pm »
Not often one should consider a 2nd down field goal but boy would that have been the call.

Agree the calamity reminded me of the Seahawks pass call.

Great game to watch.  Sad for AT.  Great day for or Boston and the Pats. 

Amazing spectacle.

In my anger, I forgot about the stupid call on 1st down - a run around the end. That requires complicated blocking and they were flagged for holding. Then, Ryan dropped back to pass and got sacked. That is compounded stupidity. Once they had the ball at the 22, the only intelligent thing to do is pound it up the gut - eat some clock (or NE's timeouts) and just don't go backwards. Hell, even if that led to a fumble, I could live with that, but two successive idiotic calls is infuriating. The thing is that I could never have coached the team to reach that point, but from there I knew exactly what not to do.

The NFL looks more and more like professional wrestling (staged), I mean how can ATL be so stupid? 

That would explain it - staged. It was like, once they were set up to kick a field goal to ice the game, Atlanta's coaching staff thought, "Now, what can we do to blow it?"

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #367 on: 6 Feb 2017, 01:12 pm »
Amazing game, I was about to change channels but drifted off to sleep for a minute and the Pats were back in it.  We'll, at least they scored a touchdown.  Certainly a last gasp before Atlanta scores again and seals the win.  They couldn't get a single field goal.  Okay, their defense was gassed, what about the offense?  They were hardly on the field.  Epic fail by both sides of the ball for Atlanta and, as much as I hate to say it, a deserving win for the Patriots.

twitch54

« Reply #368 on: 6 Feb 2017, 03:53 pm »
Congrats to the Pats, without question the best organization in football.

fredgarvin

« Reply #369 on: 6 Feb 2017, 05:17 pm »
Congrats to the Pats, without question the best organization in football.

That's the truth of it. The best.

randytsuch

« Reply #370 on: 6 Feb 2017, 06:14 pm »
Belichick may be the best coach when it comes to making half time adjustments.

And if you're Atlanta and winning by 18 points, you probably don't worry about making too many adjustments.
Maybe Atlanta had it too easy in the other playoff games, no test where they really needed to drive and score.

Then there was the catch by Edelman made on the tipped ball in the last drive of the 4th.   It will go down in history, I expect to see it in highlight films for a while to come.

Randy

rockadanny

« Reply #371 on: 6 Feb 2017, 08:19 pm »
Once they [Atlanta] had the ball at the 22, the only intelligent thing to do is pound it up the gut - eat some clock (or NE's timeouts) and just don't go backwards.
+1,000,000,000,000,000,...

Nearly impossible to ever lay blame on one incident in any game, as so many plays leading up to could have changed the game, but, I almost fell off of my couch (and I was prone, nestled deep within the cushions at the time) when Atlanta called this set of plays. Stupid, stupid, stupid. Knee down for each play prior to field goal attempt would have been better plays vs. what they tried to do. IMO this is where Atlanta lost the game (and deservedly so).

richidoo

« Reply #372 on: 7 Feb 2017, 12:54 am »
Brady passing yards superbowl record? I think they said he was 2nd place with 410yds BEFORE the last drive.

43/62 completions for 466 yards, both new SB records.

twitch54

« Reply #373 on: 7 Feb 2017, 01:04 am »
Belichick may be the best coach when it comes to making half time adjustments.

may be ????  LOL, no he's the best period ! and I'm from Bflo so you know I'm not a fan.

simply put the Pats stats have put them on a level of greatness that has no equal (football)....... almost like trying to argue against the greatest pro team of all time .........NY Yankees