BDP and TIDAL

Krutsch

Re: BDP and TIDAL
« Reply #20 on: 2 Jul 2015, 05:14 pm »
You could try the Shairplay client and try airplay from your iOS device

Cheers
Chris

That has worked best for me; Shairplay seems to work pretty well, assuming you have an iPad.

With the most recent MM BETA builds, I am having issues with DLNA/uPnP playback (i.e. it will play one song and stop, usually requiring me to reboot the BDP-1 to recover). This used to work pretty well, but I have now disabled the DLNA renderer to reduce MEM load on the BDP-1.

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #21 on: 2 Jul 2015, 07:33 pm »
Hi Chris,
What is the status for TIDAL support? Is it still in beta or already official?

There is still some tidying up to do like like marking ep's, singles and live albums as such in the discography section and finalizing the look of the "squares" (pictures representing the albums/artists).  Then we will submit a unit to tidal for testing, then once they approve it we can state we support tidal

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #22 on: 2 Jul 2015, 07:48 pm »
That has worked best for me; Shairplay seems to work pretty well, assuming you have an iPad.

With the most recent MM BETA builds, I am having issues with DLNA/uPnP playback (i.e. it will play one song and stop, usually requiring me to reboot the BDP-1 to recover). This used to work pretty well, but I have now disabled the DLNA renderer to reduce MEM load on the BDP-1.

we havn't touched any of the dlna/upnp features.  Personally i have found anything that relies on self discovery to be a bit iffy.  I think upnp's unreliability was one of the driving factors for the BDP in the first place, nearly five years ago.