Manic Moose (S2) - BDP's third major firmware release

Marius

Re: Manic Moose (S2) - BDP's third major firmware release
« Reply #840 on: 16 Oct 2014, 04:34 am »
I've used crise@bryston.com . Should I use that? Or maybe the new support forum supports videos?

My apologies for spelling your name like an idiot  :duh:

Ive reposted to the correct one this time.
Sorry..

Marius

Hi Chris,

I can't get a screenshot to show the issue, since it keeps scrolling back automatically.

AC won't allow posts of screenmovies though.

The issue is that scrolling down to the bottom of a long folder list, the menu/command area scrolls out of the top of the main window, and since MM wants to keep that in place, pushes it down again, but also pushes the bottom folders down. In my case 4 folders.

Hope this is clear enough, if not let me know please. Ive also resent my mail of september 3d, please find it in your mailbox.

Thanks,
Marius

Marius

« Reply #841 on: 18 Oct 2014, 03:41 pm »
Hi Chris,

Been experimenting a bit on this.

Google Chrome Canary doesnt have this problem, though it allows for scrolling the command -bar out of sight. Don't think this is designed behaviour, nonetheless, it is much better than the scrolling issue on Safari (of which i posted the videos)

Chrome, showing the bottom folders, without command-bar
Safari, showing command-bar, without bottom folders

Cheers Marius

I've used crise@bryston.com . Should I use that? Or maybe the new support forum supports videos?

My apologies for spelling your name like an idiot  :duh:

Ive reposted to the correct one this time.
Sorry..

Marius

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #842 on: 21 Oct 2014, 12:33 am »
Hi Chris,

Been experimenting a bit on this.

Google Chrome Canary doesnt have this problem, though it allows for scrolling the command -bar out of sight. Don't think this is designed behaviour, nonetheless, it is much better than the scrolling issue on Safari (of which i posted the videos)

Chrome, showing the bottom folders, without command-bar
Safari, showing command-bar, without bottom folders

Cheers Marius

Hi Marius,

Originally we wanted the header showing, but during beta testing it was confusing people so we used a line of JavaScript to revert it back.  My guess is safari is is boring the line or it's having a different impact then intended.

Cheers
Chris

So There

• Brystonized
« Reply #843 on: 21 Oct 2014, 01:13 am »
Chris, I wanted to thank you and your colleagues for Manic Moose. It's very effectively designed and logical to use, stepping up from the Loonie to the Toonie. The new manual is also very well presented and a model for future product instructions. It's a pleasure to be able to control my BDP-2 via the web interface on my Macs and to be able to consult a lucid and helpful manual for the more arcane functions. Oh yeah, and it sounds fabulous, too.  :thumb:

Cheers,

Rich

The means — Bryston SP3 | Bryston 6B-SST(C) - L/C/R; 4B-SST(C) - surrounds; 4B-SST(C) - rears | Bryston BDP-2 Digital Player; BDA-2 D/A Converter; Oppo BDP-105 | Paradigm Reference Signature S8 fronts; C5 center; ADP surrounds; S4 rears; two Velodyne DD15 subs | APC S20 | Pioneer Elite PRO-1130

djn04

« Reply #844 on: 22 Oct 2014, 08:50 pm »
Would this OS run on an Auraliti PK90? There are some features that I would love to have on the Auraliti.

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #845 on: 23 Oct 2014, 12:54 am »
Would this OS run on an Auraliti PK90? There are some features that I would love to have on the Auraliti.

I don't see why it wouldn't, you could try by purchasing a cf card (4GB) and flash the cf card with the firmware as outlined in the manic moose forum.  If it doesn't work you can just pop in the original back in.  I often run the firmware inside of a virtual machine when ever I am working away from the office/home.

Cheers
Chris

Marius

« Reply #846 on: 23 Oct 2014, 08:21 am »
Hi Chris,

I suppose thats correct indeed, been like that for a while now, and the latest (07-10) update didn't change it.
Safari: Heavy flickering, auto scrolling the bottom folders out of view.
Although Google Chrome Canary is much easier on the eye, that too isn't acting the way it should: it scrolls the command bar out of view when scrolling down to the bottom folders.

I guess i was hoping you'd provide for a solution, you're  not forgetting us Safari users? It is really no option using Safari in this stage of MM development.

Maybe some settings have to be adjusted in the javascript options, or what have you?

Cheers,
Marius

Hi Marius,

Originally we wanted the header showing, but during beta testing it was confusing people so we used a line of JavaScript to revert it back.  My guess is safari is is boring the line or it's having a different impact then intended.

Cheers
Chris

djn04

« Reply #847 on: 23 Oct 2014, 04:20 pm »
I don't see why it wouldn't, you could try by purchasing a cf card (4GB) and flash the cf card with the firmware as outlined in the manic moose forum.  If it doesn't work you can just pop in the original back in.  I often run the firmware inside of a virtual machine when ever I am working away from the office/home.

Cheers
Chris

I might have to play around with this. Is the image bootable in VMWare? I would like to try in on my macbook before I tear apart the Auraliti.

David Cutler

New update last night
« Reply #848 on: 26 Oct 2014, 09:48 am »
S2.06 2014-10-07 appeared last night  :)

Interestingly, additional updates were listed since my then current version - S2.05 2014-07-25

S2.06 2014-10-07
CD Backup App
Added CD-TEXT support
CD Playback
Added CD-TEXT support
S2.06 2014-10-06
CD Backup App
Adjust cdid used to determine backup tmp location
Adjusted status.php to ignor lines containing no path during db update

S2.06 2014-10-03
CD Backup App
First release to include any work on this app, the app should detect the cd, list tracks and meta data, edit meta data, select cover art from amazon, initiate backup and provide feedback on state of backup
SaveMeta.php
some changes where made to this application in an attempt to make it more reliable, these changes are untested.

S2.06 2014-09-26
Media Player
Fixed bugs found in safeEject.php (used to eject cd from web interface)
CD Backup App
Started CD Backup web interface, found under Applications > CD Backup, refresh when you load the program   

S2.06 2014-09-25
VFP
Updated VFP font library and javascript to display playback symbols correctly
BOT Support
Added entry to list of drive in Media Player to show Audio CD's if one is available along with an eject button..... that should function
Media Player
Fixed several trigers that wern't being sent by mpd_client to web interface
Bryston Panel
Paced brystonpanel.php into a bash loop, in the event of a crash it should restart
S2.06 2014-09-20
Web Interface
Changed websocket address parsing to be compatible with virtual BDP hosted on support.bryston.com:81

S2.06 2014-09-09
Audio Devices
Fixed Issue detecting dac's with dash's in there name

S2.06 2014-08-28
VFP
Fixed buttons not responding
Front Panel
Added support to specify Abcde quality flags and to provide additional flags to cdparanoia (these features can only be configured in the cdbackup.set file, "cdparanoiaOpt" and "abcdeQua" settings)
Fixed stability issues with cd ripping functions
BDP-2's set there temp directory to system memory
S2.06 2014-08-27
Media Player
Fixed additional marquee flickering issues
Bryston Panel
Fixed bugs identifying Audio CD's attached to the BDP
Added CD "Backup" capability
Added menu option under drives "BOT" if a cd is detected, user can play or backup cd from this menu, enter the menu and push play to play cd or pause to backup cd
Added 10 second timer after attaching an audio cd to the BDP, push play to play cd, push pause to backup the cd
Samba
The BDP will share the USER storage space, this is where user definable settings and playlists are stored.

S2.05 2014-08-19
Media Player
Fixed, Saving playlists containing spaces
NAS Setup
Tweaked NAS connections upon startup, recommended to turn off "Update MPD upon Startup" if your using a NAS
S2.05 2014-08-18
Service Mode
BDP goes to bryston support server for client.conf file, data is also sent to uniquely identify the unit if a custom conf file needs to be supplied
HW Detect
Modified hw detect script to alter hosts file, hopefully it will curve unable to resolve bryston-bdp-* error messages.

S2.05 2014-08-15
Samba Shares
Removed ROOT filesystem from network shares
Update Firmware
Fixed settings footer on this view caused by unattended tags
Media Player
Fixed saving playlists, would always save as "radio", bug was introduced in S2.05 2014-07-25 firmware
Marquee scroll, song name would constantly want to refresh
Firmware Update
Added the ability to install most recent beta or stable release through URL, add "#beta" to end of URL to get to beta releases
Added scripted event to better control and munipulate the BDP's aquisition of firmware to avoid issues like the one experience in July 14'

Updated and initial impressions are good

My DAC now doesn't appear in RED

Cheers,

David

Marius

« Reply #849 on: 30 Oct 2014, 03:16 pm »
Hi Chris,

It is not often I check the front display but just now I noticed it shows file name and type . While it would of be much more use showing artist or album for example . There is so little space , let's not waste it.

Or is there a setting I need to change ?

Thanks!
Marius

klao

« Reply #850 on: 31 Oct 2014, 06:57 pm »
Hey guys.

Sorry I haven't follow this subject for a long while.  I still run the pre-Manic Moose firmware on my BPD-1 (together with BDA-1).  For PCM playback, should I upgrade to Mani Moose or just stay put? 

Can the BDP-1 with such updated firmware plays/outputs DSD files; I might upgrade to BDA-3 in the future.  Or do I have to upgrade to BDP-2 as well?

Thanks so much.

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #851 on: 2 Nov 2014, 12:57 am »
Hey guys.

Sorry I haven't follow this subject for a long while.  I still run the pre-Manic Moose firmware on my BPD-1 (together with BDA-1).  For PCM playback, should I upgrade to Mani Moose or just stay put? 

Can the BDP-1 with such updated firmware plays/outputs DSD files; I might upgrade to BDA-3 in the future.  Or do I have to upgrade to BDP-2 as well?

Thanks so much.

If your only concern is the DSD then you might as well wait for the firmware to mature until your ready for DSD, otherwise there are additional features, outlined in the manic moose manual.

Cheers
Chris

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #852 on: 2 Nov 2014, 12:59 am »
Hi Chris,

It is not often I check the front display but just now I noticed it shows file name and type . While it would of be much more use showing artist or album for example . There is so little space , let's not waste it.

Or is there a setting I need to change ?

Thanks!
Marius

It should display the artist and album, the playback menu does contain some settings that may help; it's been awhile since I have used them and I'm not near one of my BDP's to check right now.

Cheers
Chris

Ritchief

« Reply #853 on: 2 Nov 2014, 12:32 pm »
Chris,

One of the issues I have is that the album view does not update regularly enough, ie I played a few albums yesterday and today playing a difference album the cover has not updated and is stuck on yesterdays album cover.
Equally there used to be a build album feature, which is the current firmware I cannot locate, not sure if these two issues are connected.

Thank you.

Rich.

Ritchief

« Reply #854 on: 2 Nov 2014, 12:35 pm »
Chris,

Sorry, one further observation.

On the front / first page the it quite often tells me that the "BDP has no internet connection" even though it is connected 100% of the time.

Is this a bug / issue ?

Tks,

Rich.

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #855 on: 6 Nov 2014, 04:17 pm »
Chris,

Sorry, one further observation.

On the front / first page the it quite often tells me that the "BDP has no internet connection" even though it is connected 100% of the time.

Is this a bug / issue ?

Tks,

Rich.

Hi Rich,

We have had problems with it in the past where it wouldn't check for an internet connection for up to ten minutes after the unit is turned on, this was changed in one of the more recent updates.  Just this week I took a look at a customer unit and the BDP was entering in the wrong name server address into its config file, i'm still not sure if this was the BDP or his router, but it started working correctly after upgrading to S2.06 2014-10-07 firmware.

I have been meaning to add the ability to clear the existing cover art data and allowing the customer to force a rebuild of the artist page, I do agree its annoying not to have these features.

Cheers,
Chris

renato

« Reply #856 on: 11 Nov 2014, 10:21 pm »
Hi Chris,
I have the same problem too, but, after a while the connection works fine.
I'm facing a strange problem: I installed the MM 2.06 and from then on I see only a part of the stored folders: in other words, the folders list in the MM music player (located on the left hand side of the MM player web page) contains just a partial list (until the "N" initial letter); all the rest is hidden.
If I browse the folders with the front display commands, everything works fine, I see them all.
Is there any folders number limit? If so how can I increase it?

Best regards

R

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #857 on: 12 Nov 2014, 02:12 am »
Hi Chris,
I have the same problem too, but, after a while the connection works fine.
I'm facing a strange problem: I installed the MM 2.06 and from then on I see only a part of the stored folders: in other words, the folders list in the MM music player (located on the left hand side of the MM player web page) contains just a partial list (until the "N" initial letter); all the rest is hidden.
If I browse the folders with the front display commands, everything works fine, I see them all.
Is there any folders number limit? If so how can I increase it?

Best regards

R

A described in the manual, N means he BDP hasn't started all the needed software packages to play music and yes the max playlist length is set to 300 and changeable.

Cheers
Chris

renato

« Reply #858 on: 12 Nov 2014, 09:20 am »
 :duh: :duh:
Chris,
I was wrong, the problem I described above was related to the right window of the MM Player screen (the folder list) instead of the left one (playlist) ... sorry, so I can see only a part of the folder list. Is there any further parameter to adjust? That problem happend only after the MM 2.06 installation.

Cheers

R

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #859 on: 13 Nov 2014, 01:52 am »
:duh: :duh:
Chris,
I was wrong, the problem I described above was related to the right window of the MM Player screen (the folder list) instead of the left one (playlist) ... sorry, so I can see only a part of the folder list. Is there any further parameter to adjust? That problem happend only after the MM 2.06 installation.

Cheers

R

Place the BDP into service mode and email me the service id