If you ever wanted a deal on LS-6 or LS-9 kits now is your chance.

ewarren

I would be interested in the LS-4 also.  I don't think the LS-6 will pass the WAF.

Hugh

• Industry Participant
    • Angel City Audio
Please excuse my old age. :)

I just remember I have a client with LS6 somewhere near Seattle.
He's also waiting for LS9.

Let me ask him if it's ok for you to contact him directly.

Is pre-drilling holes recommended to prevent splitting in the veneer?

Hugh, thanks for the invite!  Unfortunately, with 2 small boys, we don't travel much or get on airplanes very often, but I'll keep your offer in mind.

freerider

That would be great!  Thanks.

My cabinets should arrive tomorrow...I'm pretty excited.

dlynch34

I have an LS-4 cabinet setting here waiting for testing. As soon as I have the time for it then I will see what I can do with it. If it works out then I will also make it available as a kit.

Danny,

That would be awesome if this was sold as a kit I would be first in line! Are you going to the CAN-fest in charlotte?

Don

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
Danny,

That would be awesome if this was sold as a kit I would be first in line! Are you going to the CAN-fest in charlotte?

Don

Danny.  If you are I've got a room & car waiting for you.  No joke.  I'm 20 min from downtown Charlotte.  I'll pick you up at the airport and set you free.   :thumb:

Danny Richie

Okay, what is the CAN-fest and when is it?

dvenardos

freerider

My Palisander Rosa LS6s arrived today.  Here it is, in it's soon-to-be new home.

Here's what it is replacing (Polk RTi-12s):

Danny Richie

Dang, that finish is beautifu!

dvenardos

Can you really stick it in a corner like that?  :scratch:

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
Can you really stick it in a corner like that?  :scratch:

Well, as seen above you can.  Does it sound best?  Heck NO!!!

woofersus

• Industry Participant
  • Authorized Dealer: Melody & Angel City Audio
    • East Street Audio
I would think the built-in bass management would help a little with placement flexibility.  Setting it to the lowest level should at least mostly offset the effect of having it that close to a wall.  I'd probably be more concerned about the wall to the left and the reflections/diffraction it might cause.  At least pull them out a little past flush if possible.

Tim Evans
East Street Audio
Onix, Melody, & ACA
« Last Edit: 14 Nov 2010, 12:34 am by woofersus »

kingdeezie

Speaking from personal experience....

I have had my LSs for a little bit over a year now, and honestly had no idea how good they are until just a week ago.

Because of my narrow room and my projection screen, I have always been limited by side wall placement, but always had my speakers a decent length away from the front wall 36 inches or so....

My buddy at work told me about the Cardas method of speaker placement, and while I am not able to do the recommended side wall ratio, I did follow the front wall placement...

OH MY GOD!

Yes, they are five and a half feet into the room, but holy cow!!

3-D imaging and a much more balanced sound then I was getting before.

These speakers need room to breathe to really shine, God only knows how awesome they could be if I had the side wall space....  :duh:

Top tier electronics also help as well  :thumb:

arthurs

These speakers need room to breathe to really shine....

My 9's are right at 7.5' from the front wall and around 5.5' off the side walls....KD nailed it, these speakers like some room around them, like many do....

freerider

Well, until I can build a new house around these speakers, this is where they will have to go.  I plan on heavy bass traps behind the speakers, so hopefully that will help.

They won't be flush, but there will only be 10.5" behind them from the wall.

I only need them to sound better than the Polk RTi's to make them worth while.  Ideal placement will come when I build or buy another home.

dvenardos

I don't think you will have a problem there.  :D

I only need them to sound better than the Polk RTi's to make them worth while.

dlynch34

My Palisander Rosa LS6s arrived today.  Here it is, in it's soon-to-be new home.

Here's what it is replacing (Polk RTi-12s):

An amazing design to be sure I sure wish I could put them in my theater room!  Ill wait on the LS4 I think.

freerider

Selling my Bose Acoustimass 5 Series II speaker system, to help finance my LS6 build.  Anyone interested?  Anyone..?   :lol:  I'll make you a good deal.   How 'bout $1900?

Note - Don't hate. :peek: This is intended as a joke. Though I am really selling this, this post is not intended to be a classified (especially to this crowd)!

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
Selling my Bose Acoustimass 5 Series II speaker system, to help finance my LS6 build.  Anyone interested?  Anyone..?   :lol:  I'll make you a good deal.   How 'bout $1900?

Note - Don't hate. :peek: This is intended as a joke. Though I am really selling this, this post is not intended to be a classified (especially to this crowd)!

How about using the classified section?  You will probably get more interest there.  You have more of a chance to get more interest there. 

freerider

How about using the classified section?  You will probably get more interest there.  You have more of a chance to get more interest there.

My post was only a joke.  I already sold it on Craigslist.  I actually feel bad selling it to anybody.  It was given to me for free, which is about the only fair price.