Stan's take, with crappy pictures!!!

standub

Stan's take, with crappy pictures!!!
« on: 13 Oct 2014, 03:03 am »
1. I'm an engineer not an English major so my reviews will be short and blunt and maybe slightly boring.
2. I'm not one to point out flaws/short comings, because unless it's obvious I can only tell something is off not what is off.
3. I took these pictures with my kindle so they mostly suck, sorry i'm lazy....see the engineer part :green:
4. These are in no real order, i'm not ranking anything, I own Vapor, I love the Odyssey stuff, yadda yadda yadda that's where i'm coming from.

Volti:

Again like last year I am wowed that horns can actually sound very good.  Not quite as detailed in the highs/mids as some other speakers however; HOLY CRAP the dynamics.  If you want every one in the neighborhood to enjoy your music, it's these guys.

Seaton Sound:

After hearing and hearing more about these speakers for 5-6 years I finally get to hear them and they are much better than i'm expecting from high sensitivity speakers.  If my home theater was only a theater I think these would be the guys I would buy.  Can't tell if using Dirac was cheating however, and frankly I don't care I run it on my computer any ways.

SVS:

The surprise of the whole show.  I know we mock H.T.I.B and other high WAF best buy like stuff but holy crap these little guys from SVS rock.  5 of them and a SB1000 are $1000 which I feel is a silly good deal for any one looking for a second HT set or a HT on a budget.

JTR:

Like Seaton i've been hearing a lot about these guys with the rise of the high sensitivity crowd.  To sum these up.....meh.

Vapor:

Figured I post a shot of the alien skeleton looking wood pattern.  They are awesome, completely can forget i'm listening to speakers with these.  This is why i bought from Ryan.  If you are on the fence about what to buy, don't track them down to listen, just buy them.

Odyssey:

Again maybe the best value in high end, awesome stuff all hand made.  Can't go wrong at all.

Side note:  Since they aren't in "a room" per-say I can't put them above, but GIK is awesome.  I grabbed the last tri-trap from the show for myself.

Pez

Re: Stan's take, with crappy pictures!!!
« Reply #1 on: 13 Oct 2014, 03:41 pm »
Stan,
Thanks for posting your impressions. I missed the Volti Room this year even though I tried to get in they were always way too crowded so it's nice to see another persons impressions. I agree with your assessments aside from the SVS room which I also missed.

sunnydaze

« Reply #2 on: 13 Oct 2014, 05:32 pm »
You agree?    I'm confused.....

on day 1 you said the JTR speakers are a must hear A+.  Yet Stan considers them only "meh".        :scratch:

also, on day 1 (page 2) you have pics and impressions on the Volti speaker.  Yet above you say you didn't get into the room.    :scratch:

a.wayne

« Reply #3 on: 13 Oct 2014, 06:09 pm »
Easy, It's Colorado , They had good weed this year ....  :lol:

Pez

« Reply #4 on: 13 Oct 2014, 06:51 pm »
You agree?    I'm confused.....

on day 1 you said the JTR speakers are a must hear A+.  Yet Stan considers them only "meh".        :scratch:

also, on day 1 (page 2) you have pics and impressions on the Volti speaker.  Yet above you say you didn't get into the room.    :scratch:

first point- oops  :lol: Ya I definitely disagree on that. I must have skimmed over that or missed it entirely.  :scratch:

There were 2 Volti rooms. The one standub posted is the one I missed. The one I posted is the one I hit.  :thumb: