ST-10 Review Incredible Performance at incredible Price wow

damguz

Re: ST-10 Review Incredible Performance at incredible Price wow
« Reply #1 on: 28 Dec 2017, 04:33 pm »
Wow that is something.  The little guy certainly held its own in the company of royalty. And at that price point, I would say that it smashed them.

Now how would it be de the st10m???

rustydoglim

« Reply #2 on: 30 Dec 2017, 05:23 am »
I have listened to ST-10, ST-10M and the new Ref 21 (name to be changed) before Christmas holiday at the factory.
Until ST-10M and Ref 21, ST-10 is 2nd best amp after Ref 20. 
ST-10M has better control than ST-10 not simply due to the extra power, but the amp module has some changes, plus different capacitor bank.  Keep in mind that going with this configuration will cost double.  We have a standing offer to convert ST-10 to ST-10M for $250 USD, so if you are not sure if you really need ST-10M, you can defer it until budget allows.

Ref 21, due to its 1M Ohm input impedance (ST-10M does not have 1M Ohm input, I posted incorrectly in another thread) seems effortless. It is hard to explain until you hear it. bigger sound stage, more details, even better control, etc.  If you already have Ref 20, there is no point trading in for Ref 21. 

JackD

« Reply #3 on: 30 Dec 2017, 06:16 am »
I have owned my ST-10 for over a year and a half and for now have no urge to upgrade.  It is one of the finest amps I have owned and that includes a lot of them.  It and the DAC-10 are the best match I have found for the Spatial M3 series and I tried over a half a dozen.  For the most part that review was spot on.  You would have to spend many times more to better the 10 combo in many systems. 

rustydoglim

« Reply #4 on: 30 Dec 2017, 08:47 am »
Add to JackD's comment, the upgrade from ST-10 to 10M is incremental, so don't chase after the latest new toy.

Wind Chaser

« Reply #5 on: 30 Dec 2017, 05:35 pm »
We have a standing offer to convert ST-10 to ST-10M for $250 USD, so if you are not sure if you really need ST-10M, you can defer it until budget allows.

Wow! That’s truly an outstanding offer. :thumb:

Shogun

« Reply #6 on: 31 Dec 2017, 02:12 pm »
... the upgrade from ST-10 to 10M is incremental, so don't chase after the latest new toy.

Quite a statement "agains this hobby" and those who suffer the audio nervosa, respect for Jason! :thumb: