Sources for new/used jazz LPs??

hifitommy

new and current LPs
« Reply #20 on: 9 May 2009, 05:58 pm »
can be gotten from towerrecords.com.  my only complaint is the somewhat flimsy packaging that allows bent corners now and again.  but the prices are really good and free shipping for orders over $25.

Old timer

Re: Sources for new/used jazz LPs??
« Reply #21 on: 12 Nov 2011, 01:32 am »
Craig Moerer's "Records by mail" and his storefront, "Djangos" in Portland, OR., always treated me right.

Also, Dan Serro in Miamai, Florida, but I don't have his contact info here. He has several You Tube videos, profiling his DJ show which he spins rare vinyl on a local station.

hifitommy

one of my recent good experiences
« Reply #22 on: 12 Nov 2011, 03:00 am »
is from amazon.com where i have gotten new vinyl and unlike towerrecords.com, the packing is superb.  spend more than $25 and get free shipping.

audiobat

« Reply #23 on: 16 Nov 2011, 06:12 pm »
I like The Jazz Loft online, big selection reasonable prices.
If you sign up for their email they will send you special offers from time to time.

midfi

• nisi credideritis, non intelligetis
« Reply #24 on: 17 Dec 2011, 02:56 am »
ebay (sometimes...) soundstagedirect

kworcester

« Reply #25 on: 29 Feb 2012, 12:13 am »
I'll second the recommendation for Jazz Record Revival.  I've also found some nice OOP SACDs there.

lazydays

« Reply #26 on: 2 Feb 2013, 05:02 pm »
Looking to buy new/used Blue Note/Verve jazz LPs. Any good sites on the web that sell? TIA

Elusive Disc for starters. Music Direct is pretty good along with Acoustic Sounds for new stuff. My used stuff is very secretive, and have several places in several states. 
gary

downforce

« Reply #27 on: 4 Apr 2015, 07:48 pm »
I've become a regular at Half-Priced Books.   The selection of Jazz 180 Gram LPs from the 50s and 60s
is impressive.

gguillot

« Reply #28 on: 4 Dec 2015, 02:27 am »
Did no one mention Discogs.com?  I have bought several records from various vendors and all have been accurate on their advertised condition.

qdrone

« Reply #29 on: 20 Aug 2017, 02:33 am »
For Jazz try Music Matters. Their Blue Note re issues are awesome but pricey. To avoid sticker shock get them early as prices rise when stock dwindles.

jawks

« Reply #30 on: 6 Dec 2019, 07:09 pm »
Have you tried the marketplace at www.discogs.com?

Twinsfan007

« Reply #31 on: 16 Jan 2020, 09:46 am »
I pretty much either go with Acousticsounds or MusicMattersJazz or for used Discogs. Thats what ive found works best for me.

Zyphryx

« Reply #32 on: 23 Mar 2020, 10:24 am »
Here is a great source in Charlotte, North Carolina.
https://www.reporecords.com/home

lazydays

« Reply #33 on: 7 Jul 2021, 09:28 pm »
I've become a regular at Half-Priced Books.   The selection of Jazz 180 Gram LPs from the 50s and 60s
is impressive.

I taught the folks at H.P Books how to select and grade LP's, and that was a mistake! I used to buy them all day long for $3.00 and now they are three to four times that. The worst I've seen for grading was in Dallas TX (HPB's). Most simply take the price out of Goldmine and add it to the disc they paid a half dollar for! The best I've ever seen was a dealer in Chicago. His records were always under rated.

Buying new stuff, there is no one better than the Elusive Disc. Plus they seem to seriously stand behind their product line. I have several hole in the wall shops I frequent, and unless it's rock & roll; they are pretty good. I've found that in some parts of the country; jazz is at give away prices, and in others thru the roof. Kinda strange, but true
gary

LostInPA

« Reply #34 on: 8 Jul 2021, 12:55 am »
https://downtownmusicgallery.com/

Also, see their Discogs link at the top of the their homepage.

nlitworld

• Strange things are afoot at the Circle K
« Reply #35 on: 8 Jul 2021, 01:56 pm »
I'd like to recommend good ol Music Millennium in Portland, OR. They have a fairly decent functioning site/app and always have a decent lineup upstairs of jazz titles. Granted, not as expansive as the never ending abundance of Discogs, but it's a single locally owned store vs the rest of the internet.