Free DSD64, DSD128 and DSD256 session tracks (stereo, multichannel and binaural)

ted_b

• Facilitator
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
Gang,
I wanted to make you folks aware of a new free set of ultra hirez DSD downloads available. As a volunteer employee for NativeDSD.com I must preface this by saying my views are, of course, biased, but this post is not asking you to buy anything.

Our NativeDSD team of artists and producers are using cutting edge recording techniques to bring you the purest high resolution stereo and multichannel music. Well....what if I told you that they also have even more special "session tapes" and unedited performances that, up till now, are only heard by the production teams and those close to the industry. And often these direct recordings are laid down in even higher resolutions and sample rates than when sold, usually due to the fact that no significant commercial playback was available (i.e DSD128 even 12 months ago, and now DSD256 and multichannel dsd128 and above). These include stereo, multichannel and even some binaural recordings, from DSD64 to DSD256.

We've created a members-only label called JustListen (free to register, free to download), and it is dedicated to presenting unedited ultra high resolution session recordings (just as we receive them, often in raw formats like DFF). Also included are other sample rates, converted professionally (Sonoma, Pyramix, etc) to allow more of you who only have DSD64 or high rez PCM (DXD) dacs to experience these recordings as close to the mic as possible......even compare sample rates! You might find your DAC loving one more than the other. Debate them, compare them with your friends' findings.

Oh...did I mention they are FREE!!! Enjoy! Just listen.....

https://www.nativedsd.com/ (and hit the button under "Introducing Just Listen")

mgalusha

Thanks Ted, downloading now.  :thumb:

FYI, track 6 "6.    Mahler 1 finale - session recording DXD
n/a", returns an access denied message.

guf

I loved them. Thanks! I got the DSD64

ted_b

• Facilitator
Thanks Ted, downloading now.  :thumb:

FYI, track 6 "6.    Mahler 1 finale - session recording DXD
n/a", returns an access denied message.

Try, if they are listed as .dsf, renaming them as .dff

I had heard there was a temporary issue with these Mahler1's but thought it was fixed.  Lemme know.

thestewman

Ted

Thank you very much. This is going to be fun listening to  and then to compare the different formats.

You need to know that Track 6 both 256fs, 64fs and the WAV file will not download do to aa server problem so the
result is an access denied to the server

ted_b

• Facilitator
Ted

Thank you very much. This is going to be fun listening to  and then to compare the different formats.

You need to know that Track 6 both 256fs, 64fs and the WAV file will not download do to aa server problem so the
result is an access denied to the server

Yes, the Netherlands will fix that tmrw...sorry.

PhilipAC

Hi Ted

The Mathias Landaeus track is great! Will NativeDSD be making the whole disc available to download?

Cheers

Philip

ted_b

• Facilitator
Yes, we will have Opening, Nama and Goldberg Variations (direct analog to DSD128).  We are working out the uploads, etc now.

PhilipAC

Great news!

Having Harmonia Mundi on board is great too.

bmoura

Yes, we will have Opening, Nama and Goldberg Variations (direct analog to DSD128).  We are working out the uploads, etc now.

Cool !

austinpop

Awesome. Can't wait to download and try these. Perfect timing, as I just got an Oppo BDP-105D!

ted_b

• Facilitator
UPDATE: NEW RELEASE

For those of you who loved the binaural string quartet recording in Just Listen (or even the stereo one), NativeDSD.com has pre-released a full album by Far Cry. It will be offered at 50% off for newsletter folks for the next day and a half, but I thought I'd give the code to everyone here (since registering to buy this will put you on the newsletter list anyway)

https://crierrecords.nativedsd.com/a...ms-and-prayers

Code: DSDNEWS02

The album is produced by Grammy-award winner Jesse Lewis. He recorded this in 256fs and mastered it for NativeDSD in DSD128 (that's the one to get if your DAC can handle it). There is also a DSD64 version available too.

Furthermore, Jesse set up a separate set of microphones for a full binaural album release, which is available in those same two sample rates.

The physical album will be released to the public on Tuesday. The 50% off code is only good through Monday night (PST).

PeteG

Thanks Ted, used the code and ordered.

tonyptony

+1. The clips sound great.

erniejade

Thanks for putting this up. Checking it out now.

hdspeakerman

Ted,
I have read all the info here and at the website and I have no idea now to sample the music that Native is offering.  I cannot afford to buy a $1000 convertor but I subscribe to Spotify so I do  have money to spend on music.  I have a strong feeling that the DSD is of higher quality than my Spotify broadcast.  I have a regular computer and several dacs.  Can I do anything with these free downloads?
Howard

Phil A

Ted,
I have read all the info here and at the website and I have no idea now to sample the music that Native is offering.  I cannot afford to buy a $1000 convertor but I subscribe to Spotify so I do  have money to spend on music.  I have a strong feeling that the DSD is of higher quality than my Spotify broadcast.  I have a regular computer and several dacs.  Can I do anything with these free downloads?
Howard

What kind of resolution can your system handle?  Do you have a DAC or a player like an Oppo that can do hi-rez via an attached drive?  I actually need to subscribe one of these days as I can do DSD but keep forgetting.  There is conversion software that you can get if you have a DAC and it can do PCM.

ted_b

• Facilitator
Ted,
Howard

As Phil A just pointed out (as I was typing :) ) you can convert these to PCM at the highest 24 bit rate your DAC can provide (or where you think your DAC sounds the best).  By "DAC" we also mean soundcard or receiver (there is a digtal-to-analog converter in all these things...we speak of DAC as an external one but not required).

Conversion can be done in JRiver and other tools.  let us know...

P.S.  If you convert to PCM, don't delete the free DSD files.  They are your "master tapes", and useable for later when you have a converter with more resolution.

hdspeakerman

I have an Adcom GDA600 dac and a Zhalou dac.  I have not used them for a while but they both work well.  Does this help me any?
Howard

hdspeakerman

I also have an Oppo 971H disc player.  Howard